Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How do I find out if I am a Florida resident or not?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I find out if I am a Florida resident or not?

Additional Details
BECAUSE, I know where I live BUT FL is still saying I am aresident AND I am not. THANK YOU!

INSOMNIAC
If you live in florida and have a drivers license or ID card you are a resident, once you establish residency like pay rent, pay utility bills then you are considered a resident.~

kartel310
If your home aka permanent adress and your current i.d is from florida

Scott K
The issue of residency is actually a matter of intent. Do you consider yourself a resident or not? The problem is that people sometimes have a vested interest in being a resident of one state or another and will merely pretend to be a resident for that purpose. To shortcircuit that problem, states have a list of issues that they use to help determine residency. The most important is where you live. Usually, there is a time issue for things like college tuition where one year of residency is required. Where are you licensed to drive? Where are you registered to vote? Where do you report your income taxes? Where do you perform your occupation?

bebeBarbiie
Rating
um you realize what state you live in

honesty hurts
Rating
fo to the florida government website and check

Spoon
Rating
Where were you born? That's a start.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If someone saved your life, what should you give them in return? How can you repay them?
The least you can do is give them money, right?
how much money?
what percent of your life savings are they entitled to?...

Can I sue for discrimination?
The picture you submit on a job application should not determine whether or not you are hired. So then why am I being discriminated against based on my appearance?

http://www....

Hi my colleague was wiyhout electricity for 4 days.Is he entitled to compensation and his freezer food ruined.?
Hi my work colleague went home last Friday to find he had no electricity.Obviously all the food in his fridge and freezer was no good.It was'nt until yesterday teatime that power was back on.Is ...

Is sending a juvenile delinquent to Boot Camp a good idea or not?
Please give reasons for your answer.
Its a project for my Criminal Justice Class.
Only serious answers please....... Thank ...

Daughter charged with shoplifting in North Carolina for $89?
Cops told her she wont go to jail and to go for plea bargain with DA. Has a court date with DA only. What should she do? This is her first citation for theft. She has only got a ticket once. How does ...

What are regional agreements ?

Got a massage and signed form as older brother... as a minor what kind of trouble could I get into?
I purchased 2 coupons from a gym that entitled the holder of the coupon to 3 sessions of massages at a nearby place. I was only able to use 1 session on the first coupon as the others expired before I...

Question about being the passenger in DUI incident?
My friend, who is 18, got pulled over the other night and got charged with a DUI. I was the passenger, and the cop said that he wouldn't press any underage drinking charges on me. (Which is ...

10 POINTS! 15 years old, change whole name and social security number...?
I'm 15 and i want to change my name and my social security number. Im no criminal or anything. I just don't want to be traced by my biological father who I only knew when i was 1 year old. I...

Federal labor laws regarding training?
i work for US Bank, they recently bought out my old branch of Downey Savings. they are making me drive out of state for training. yet they aren't covering the travel expenses. i'm gone for 1...

What percentage does a lawyer take?

Why does USA has not ratified the International Convention on the Rights of the Child?

What was the observable results of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 in the way it affected tv and newspaper?

Additional Details
With sources please....

Facing battery charges?
My ex-boyfriend had me arrested and now I'm facing battery charges. I don't quite remember everything of what happened b/c I was intoxicated. He went the next he went to fill out a paper ...

Why would it cost 16,000 a year of taxpayer money for a dog ?
In Snohomish Washington they are going to lay off a drug sniffing dog that is costing 16,000 a year in vet care, food, grooming, kennel and training, what is up with that 16,000 is the new blue ...

Is it illegal for a cell phone company to not provide 911?
I have a cell phone (palm centro to be exact) and the first time I used emergency services was a few months ago and my phone would beep after 20 sec. and would hang up.Luckily I was able to give my ...

Contract Law terms help!!!?
Please anwser honestly.

1. nonfraudulent misrepresentation may be either innocent or ______.
2. _______ are contracts that propose to violate laws.
3. a person must have a ______...

Is this even legal???
someone , a neighbor most likely has put a hand written note on lined paper stating " your yard looks like **** , i bet your proud" in my sisters mailbox i am house sitting for her ...

Can a court appointed lawyer legally refuse to represent a defendant?
I was wondering this because currently someone in town is on trial for molesting several children, and he is being represented by a public defender.

I know I would rather dig my eyeballs ...

What are ex-employers aloud to know?!?
Ok.

In my past, I have been fired from a job before. I have always been told that on the application you do not have to say that you were fired and instead list other reasons which I have ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links