Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How do I sue a person who owes me money?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I sue a person who owes me money?


Blue Eyes loves trolls
get a lawyer

There is no more Law in US... go on... hang him ;-)

Anthony C
I would take it out of their hide

Marissa Di
Small claims court is the place to file for money owed. If it is a great amount, they will direct you from there. Good luck.

Uhm first step...find a lawyer...then he or she will walk you through everything you need to do and know...good luck with all of it...

file a small claims lawsuit.

Spazmodic Reprocussions
How many dollars do they owe you? Where you go depends on how much

go ask a lawyer..

Dallas S
In small claims court. Just down there and get the paper work.

Gaius Aurelius Valerius Diocleti
With a Baseball Bat

Go to your county courthouse and file a suit in small claims court or contact an attorney if it is a large amount.

wile e coyote super genius
call them and tell them you are going to sue them, try to negotiate a lower amount, and if that doesn't work let judge joe brown kick his ***.

It depends on how much money.

Call your loal courthouse and ask what the limit of a small claims suit is in your area. Some places, it's $3000 and others it's $5000. It varies.

If what the person owes you falls into that range, then go to the courthouse and file a small claims suit (usually costs around $30 or $50 to file). Gather your evidence and go to court when they tell you to.

If the person owes you more than you can get in small claims, then call a lawyer.

Good luck! :)

Ray R

Go to your nearest court of jurisdiction and file a civil lawsuit. Or call judge Wapner or Judy.

First you have to decide if it's worth the hassle and the money it will cost you to start it up.

My sister owes me $500 but it's not worth the hassle of trying to get it back.

We moved out of a place and were denied our cleaning deposit. My mother in law was a professional maid and helped us clean it up. It would have cost more to try to get the money back than what we were owed.

file a civil suit


Get Pre-Paid Legal. Its about 20 bucks a month. They will send a letter first (that the money needs to be paid) if they don't pay, they go to court. I had to do this and within a week of the letter I got my money!

go to legal aid.

The answer to that question will vary on which Court will have jurisdiction, what grounds you are filing suit under and how much money is owed. The law is going to vary from state to state or country to country. You need to narrow your question down at the very least. You should sit down with a lawyer and discuss your case with them.

hire a lawyer first - they will help you

You have to clarify on "money". It seems like you are talking about small claims court, but there is a limit on the amount. You would need to find out what that limit is. You will have to file for a hearing and make sure you have all the documentation.

Talk to a lawyer or go down to the court house and get the necessary paperwork. I think you might be able to get all of the paper work online also through your state's website. Lastly, if you really want to then you can call or email one of those judge shows and they will do all of the work for you.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 For how much money would you betray your country?
I think everyone would do it for the right sum of cash. My personal limit would be about 2,000 dollars or 500 pound sterling. What is yours?
Additional Details
I didn't mean that it ...

 Has the war on drugs really helped the drug prblem in the US or has it made it worse?

 Do you believe in the death penalty & abortion?
Both? One, not the other? And what is your political ideology?...

 Which is the most frequently committed crime in the United States:?
A. rape by an intoxicated person
B. drunk driving
C. alcohol related physical abuse
D. ...

 What do you think of so-called recovering alcoholics, and drug users who take over your home?
My 10 year old son and I are being asked (told) to leave our home, because the owners couldn't sell the property at the outrageous price of $800,000 for a 4-plex, so have decided to make it a ...

 Man robs house but gets beaten up by owener when he tris to get away.. is this neglegence?
a man goes into a house to rob it only to find that the owener of the house is still inside. on running away the owner chases the robber and catches him and hits him a few times leaving bruses.. is ...

 If our government did public executions do you think the crime rate would change?

 I got fierd without notice?
I got suspened for 3 days then they had my final ...

 Should teachers be allowed to pack a gun?
Of course I do mean to be properly trained in its use...

We all have to admit if a teacher was armed at the VT event many lives could have been saved...
but how many more problems ...

 Fireworks you all agreed to banning public use?
well its November the 3rd not yet bonfire night and while I sit here there are fireworks going off all around me out doors.
How can we get the british govenment to ban them for puplic use,

 Could I sue someone for this?
This didn't happen but...
could i sue if someone cut my hair without my permission?
Additional Details
i mean sue and win......

why would i want to se and lose.....<...

 Do think it's right or wrong that U.K. law barely allows us to defend ourselves and our families?
a court could rule that you used excessive force and you could be prosecuted,what would you do if faced with a burglar(possibly armed), or mugger,how do american laws compare with ...

 Can I still sue Saddam?
I am deeply offended by Saddam taunting the crowd during his execution. I have seen him cursing and making fun of Iraqi employees over and over again on TV and the internet. I have found myself ...

 Can I make her pay the bill?
When I was 18, I was stupid and let my best friend at the time create a cell phone bill under my name under the agreement that she would pay the bill monthly (I know, not the smartest thing to do), ...

 Can a underage person be in a bar legally?

 Is capital punishment barbaric and immoral?

 Do you think its ok to STEAL???
ive stolen things before.. like i care.. its free.. what do u ...

 Prison.. Can anyone think of a crime that will get me put in prison for the day?
I want to do a bricklaying course and if I go to prison perversly I can do one for free!
If I'm a law obiding citizen I have to pay!
This is all a bit tounge in cheek.. but I'm ...

 Do you think murderers should be locked away for life? and life means life until the day they die..?
I'm referring to murder not manslaughter.. like in the case of the two 10 year old murderers who kidnapped and killed the innocent 2 year old child James Bulger back in 1993.....

 Steryotyping Marijuana Users?
Many times Ill hear someone calling a stoner "lazy", "stupid", "no brain cells"..but I just dont get it. Ive smoked regularly for the last two years. I take the hardest ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, February 13, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links