Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How do you stop Neighbours spying on you?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you stop Neighbours spying on you?

i don't want to use a camera as i don't think this is the answer but i am sick of looking out of my window, in the kitchen, whilst cooking, to see my next door neighbour peering in from his kitchen window. Its got so bad i can even see him looking in my window when he is out side. There must be other ways? have you suffered like me? how did you cope?

Al Mac Wheel
Install blinds, curtains etc. in your windows, so you do not advertise to the world what you are doing.

It is not spying when someone looks in a window that has no blockage of view.

You can spend extra $ for a one way mirror. This way you can see out the windows but other people cannot see in.

If you have a computer with wireless.
It can be setup so that anyone can access it to do what they please, including you welcoming criminal activity that you can be held liable for.
Or you can set it up with wireless security so that only you and authorized members of your family may use it.
The choice is yours.

Why do you suppose bathrooms have frosted glass in the windows? It is to let sunlight out but permit people to be in the bathroom naked without getting arrested for indecent exposure.

Teekno
Rating
Curtains. Close them.

Problem solved.

Samantha W
report him to local authorities

tmck03
Rating
id politely go out and ask him if there was anything he wanted!?!
im sure that would soon put him in his box.. nosy git!!

Exiled Mainer
Maybe the next time he is peering in your window, very obviously take a photo of him doing it (from the inside). He may get the message very quickly.

If that doesn't seem to work, call your local police (non-emergency number) and ask them if there is anything that can be done.

gabykawa
Rating
Curtains is the best way.
Also, when you find him looking at you, don't look away. Look back at him straight in the eyes.

justagrandma
Rating
Of course you can switch to shades or curtains and keep them closed until your neighbor dies of boredom.
I live in a very rural area, and I still use blinds. As a city girl I'm used to them and you never know who is in the woods with binoculars.

James M
I have the stragest feeling that they may be thinking the same thing about you

not u again
Rating
mini blinds. or just tell him to stop if he doesn't then call the cops

Half Pint
When he's looking, pretend to call the cops and point at him as your talking! He'll realise that he's been sussed out! We had the same problem, it worked for us lol

scottie
it's why i just hate those cooke cutter subdivision these houses are build on today they are to close to each other. i am just assuming you live in one of these places .. all that you can do is put up indoor blind . or some type of trees or grass out side to blind these peoples from looking into your home . i don't see any laws being broken here good luck with that

sage149th
a sweet firecracker hinding in his favorate peeking spot should a rttle him up a bit lol

Nic
Try waving or asking him what he wants. Hopefully you can embarrass him into minding his own business. If you really have to, you can call the police. If you glance at a house while you're walking your dog, you may see someone doing dishes or walking by a window....this is acceptable. Peering into someones home to see what they're doing is not and you should not have to close your curtains all the time when he's the one doing wrong.

NIkki369
Rating
I have very nosey neighbours that i have put up a fence and i just keep my curtains closed. I think they are so sad that they havent got a life.

Loony Left
Rating
Make them all wear specs like mine, then they wouldn't be able to see you.

Liberty
well if i were you i`d have smashed his face in by now!!!!

Shogun2
Why would they spy on you? There must be a reason why there are doing it.

ignore it, unless it gets big.

run_becky
Rating
Gate, Fence, tree...some ideas oh curtains of course. But you could do something really disgusting to make him never look again.

Justme
How about moving?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think marijuana should be legalized.?

Should I sue Target?
I was at Target last night, around the home section and I feel something on my shoe, so I turn around, and theres a brown pile of something in the middle of the isle. I pick my shoe up and smell it ...

Can I shoot a .22 in my yard?
i want to know if its illegal to shoot any type of gun in my yard. I live in King County, WA and i'm outside of the city limits if that matters.

thank ...

Does this make you sick to live in the UK?
Shaun Dykes. 17 committed suicide on Saturday afternoon by jumping off a 60ft building in front of a 300 strong crowd.

Shaun Dykes, before he jumped injured taunts and abuse from members ...

Is it logical for alcohol to be legal and marijuana illegal?

When our forefathers would have fought for the right to bear arms if they had known the pain it can cause?
The eighteenth century had different problems and perhaps needed guns to exist. Do we really need them today?
Additional Details
I am not making a statement. I really do not know ...

My dad says he can check what websites I have been on by ringing our supplier/firewall monitor.Is it Legal?
I don't believe him but he says that he can ring 'The Security Guys' At work and they will tell him all the websites visited over our broadband connection, because the are paying for ...

Do you think that policemen,while off duty,often seem to mix with the local scum while in the pub,etc?
I have seen this happening.Do any other British people think this?I mean,why are our policemen so incredibly thick?Also,why have they taken up the American habit of hanging around 24-hour garages ...

Do you want the death sentence bought in to the UK for the really bad people?
e.g murderers, rapists, Etc etc ?...

Why hasn't smoking and alcohol been banned in the United States yet?
They are prohibited in the Bible. God forbids it and the United States of America(God Bless) is a Christian nation. Don't give me no b.s. about the constitution it's in our pledge of ...

Sharia Law in the UK do you want it?
my opinon is why should we have Sharia Law in the UK this is not an asain country if you want Sharia Law then go back to your parents country and do it there..... the UK is different this is the west....

Is it illegal for a mother to sun bathe and walk around topless in front of teenage son?

Why are the troops' lives LESS important than a CELL that can't see, hear, feel or FART?!?
Why does Bush think it's ok to send thousands of young troops to die in a pointless war, obviously driven by the lust for oil and power, and is 'just appalled' at the idea of using ...

Do you agree Abortion should be up to the woman not anyone else?

Additional Details
Peggy - It's my damn business when the liberals want my tax dollars to help pay for them....

Are American "Friendly Fire" incidences really mistakes?
e.g; Tanks taking shots at a hotel that was full of Journalists. U.K Tornado flying in formation with U.S planes shot down by a surface-to-Air missile in a neutral zone. Journalist Terry Lloyd's ...

Do you believe that the death penalty is an appropriate punishment?
http://flamedebate.com/?...

I am having prblems where i work the team manager is being racist too me.?
hi,
i work in retail store, and my team manager for some reason treats me badly. I am a muslim born and bred in the uk but for some reason she gives white people the better job and puts us asian ...

How can i stop my husband from exhuming my baby's body for compensation?
My baby died over 20 yrs ago then about five years ago i found out that she had been one of the children who had been involved with the organ scandle which started from the reports about the Alder H...

Is it right for a church to deny a memorial after finding out the person was gay?

Is it fraud? any advise pls?
hi all, last year in August i was receiving some parcels almost every week though i didnt make any order. they were 6 all together and included moblie phones,Dvd and an mp3 player. infact i was ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links