Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How long do I have to wait before filing a missing persons report for a child who is 6?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long do I have to wait before filing a missing persons report for a child who is 6?

A kid I know lost his brother and they want to report it to the police.

CGIV76
Rating
Call immediately after checking the dwelling, and immediate surrounding area closely. Children have a tendency to hide.

Mike K
report it immediately

Michael C
REPORT IT NOW!!!!

The idea that you have to wait 24 or 48 hours before reporting a missing person is an artifact of TV and movies. You do not need to wait and you should not wait. Every minute counts with a missing person.

Marcie E
Call now! The sooner you call the better the outcome!
Good luck, I will pray for you!

ijcoffin
NOW.
If the child is missing report it NOW.

TxTopCop
IMMEDIATELY call 911 to report a missing child.

The longer you wait, the less chance they have of ever finding him.

Princess13
ASAP.

wizjp
The moment you are sure the child is missing

N
Rating
NOW dont wait

zeezee
Please , don't wait, go to the police immediately-

dlk
Rating
NOW NOW NOW, the sooner you report a missing child, the sooner you will find the child. Upon reporting it, around here in Michigan they put up an AMBER ALERT that goes across all the wires, TV stations, radio stations so people can be aware and actually help in looking for that child.

LET THE POLICE KNOW NOW

Sunni23
There is no waiting time when it's a child.

Jaymieeee
Rating
He's 6
do it now

pH
Don't wait. Notify authorities now even if you are not 100% sure. Law enforcement can help you more and faster if you let them know right away.

uhhh dont wait at all

bigtrucks4x4s
I "lost" my 4 year old daughter years ago and after going to all the local friends house and turned up nothing I called the police, they started a phone tree which started calling all the neighbors that surrounded my house and we found her at a neighbors I had never met and didn't think to have her check in at home. So I do believe you should call as soon as you have exhausted all other avenues.

zebj25
Immediately, that 24 or 48 hour thing you hear about is a tv myth. Call the police now.

Jim
Rating
For someone who is 6 report it the instant that you realize his whereabouts is unknown and are reasonably sure that no one who normally cares for him has him. They say with a missing person the first 24 hours are gold but after that the possible good outcomes become less and less likely. Report his name, age, where he was last known to be and with whom and provide the authorities with a current picture if possible as well as a description of what he was wearing and any information as to domestic situations that could have led to his disappearance (such as custody disputes or pending divorces etc.). The more the authorities have to go on then the easier it is to get an Amber Alert issued.

bartletagency
Rating
At that age there is no time limit, do it now.

?
Rating
helllllloooo i would've already gone. whats wrong with this picture. you should be at the police department right now, not asking that question on the computer

Sandra M
Rating
Okay WHY HASN'T IT ALREADY BEEN REPORTED. I think they are now saying that children that are missing are different than adults that are missing and that they want it reported immediately so that they can issue an Amber Alert, and I don't know if you have been paying attention or not but by issuing the Amber Alert they have found and saved a few children this year.

winnie2028
Rating
who should not wait contact them now

reenzz
2 seconds...are you kidding?????

bennett.james777
Rating
Most immediately if not sooner

webwanderer
Rating
Absolutely do it immediately! Detectives who handle these kinds of cases say that the sooner the report is made, the better the chances are for a recovery.

And, if the police agency you're reporting to won't cooperate, go to the chief, the FBI, your local politicians. Anyone who can force an immediate search.

Do not lose a second! Report it NOW!

blackmule
Two weeks

Joseph, II
Long enough to check every room in their House. If the Kid isn't There, - call the Police! :0

thomas p
Rating
Ask the police to process the missing child as an "Amber Alert" case. Pick the police department that has somebody who will get on it. 911. Get a patient member of family and as for a supervisor when the first dumb question like "is he a good student" is asked by these Keystone Cops.

kaisergirl
REPORT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ducky
you DON'T wait

you call 911 right away.

Golden
Rating
what the heck is the holdup? get on the phone! police should already be on this.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can i shoot a belligerent neighbor with a paintball gun if he trespasses our on property intending to fight?
We have involved the police twice and our neighbor continues to trespass and try to insight a fight, is it possible to use non-lethal force in the form of a paintball gun or something else to prevent ...

I just killed someone robbing my house what should i do to get rid of the body help!?!?!!?
well i just found a robber in my house trying to steal my money, so i sliced him with a kitchen knife when he started attacking me. He is on the floor with blood pouring out of him and i think he ...

Can I sue Facebook for the emotional stress my son is going through due to an embarassing fake profile?
Someone other than my son, was allowed by Facebook to create an ID that basically caused my son to be extremely hurt. They then proceeded to link to friends and people that know him to further. W...

Should pedophiles be set free?
I have a speech to give tomorrow on the topic Should pedophiles be set free. I need some help, the speech is three minutes long, so I am asking for your opinion on the topic. Serious persons please<...

Abortion- right or wrong?
My friend thinks abortion is only ok if you have been raped and got pregnant. I say it is wrong whether you were raped or not because thats what God says in the Bible. God loves the baby and you can ...

What do you think about the death penalty?
If you could would you bring it back or not? if so what crimes should recieve the death penalty? Just wondering what people think?...

Should tobacco be illegal?

Additional Details
It is highly addicitve and I can't seem to quit. I've quit pot, cocaine and I am finding this last addiction difficult because of the availabilty. Kinda ...

True or false? Gas prices have doubled since bush stole office.?

Additional Details
See how republicans even think that is not true..ahhahahaahahahahahaha They need to be deported to iraq and give our country back....it is hopeless with you people ...

What is your opinion on the smoking ban?
This is only in public places such as pubs, restaurants, bars, shopping centres etc. It has been a huge success in Ireland and is coming to the UK shortly. A few places in the UK have already ...

What's the punishment for being busted in school with a quarter of marijuana?

Additional Details
****** k-9 ...

If you shoot to kill a person but it turns out he was already dead. Can you be charged with a crime?
Say you walked into the backyard shot s/he 5 times but an autopsy proves they had died of a heartattack 6 hours earlier....

What does the quote "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" mean?

At what age did people lose their virginity?

Should abortion remain a woman's right to choose, even though it is probably immoral?
Things do not become illegal, just because they are immoral. Moral decisions are usually made by individuals, rather than by act of government.

In the abortion debate, there are many anti-...

What do you think about the smoking ban starting in on 1st July at 6 am?
i think it is a disgraceful that they banned smoking in public by
August drinking bubbly in public will be banned lol
Additional Details
i dont smoke in any form of way i ...

What are your views on capital punishment?

Additional Details
to DAVID F my nannan was raped and murdered 23 years ago, she was found by my mum. dont tell me to get a grip!, if you found your loved one like that you would want ...

What are your views on legalizing weed??

Additional Details
and why.........

Do you think that Bush should butt out of gay marriages?
bush has been preventing gay marriages because he believes that it is not in God's wishes. i thought that there was supposed to be a seperation of church and state, but apparently bush thinks ...

Would you buy cigarettes for somebody who'll be underage - already smokes?
My brother is 16 and smokes - he's gonna go from being legal to buy cigs to illegal when the age changes. I think because he is already legal he shouldn't not be allowed to buy them.
<...

Do you feel marijuana should be legalized and taxed for use by responsible adults?
http://www.tn420....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links