Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How much right does a girl have to have an abortion without the baby's father's consent?
Find answers to your legal question.

How much right does a girl have to have an abortion without the baby's father's consent?

Can the father take legal action against the mother if she chooses to have an abortion without his consent?

jessigirl00781
I honestly believe the girl doesn't have that right unless she has his consent. I know it is her body but it is also his baby as well!

wmp55
He could try. What's done is done, but if I were in his shoes I would IMMEDIATELY drop her like a hot potato

luv_bein_me
Rating
No he cannot. It is legally up to the mother. Seems unfair to me, though. But who am I to judge, I am totally against abortion regardless....

youknowwho
Rating
100%

Matthew
THATS MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DEMORALIZED FOOL!!!!!!!

mrki_sakar
You don't have any rights to kill that baby, with or without fathers consent... You should hear "Happy Birthday" from Flypside,before you do anything...

BonesofaTeacher
Currently by law the father has no say or input.
If you are asking about ethics, or what is right,
then that is different.

mand
She has every right. Legally the father has no input.

some polisci major
Rating
It all depends on which state you live in.

Some states force a woman to have the fathers permission.

Some states are enlightened enough to let the woman make up her own mind.

ta2003
Rating
I believe that it is up to the mother and no laws giving the father the right unless they are married, I seem to remember watching an episode of law and order in which that topic was touched upon

naj3032
no he can not.

lundstroms2004
Morally, abortionis murder. Period.

Legall, he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.

puttputt_19134
Rating
if you've never been pregnant and or don't have children, you have no right legally or morally to answer!! Report that!

thelostspirit101
bad to get rid of babay

TYDRA20
The father has no say so!

badoll
I don't think that they can do anything legally but nothing stops the father from trying. I personally feel that it is solely up to the woman on the abortion issue. When men can physically go through a pregnancy and deal with all the risks involved with a pregnancy, then maybe they can have a say in an abortion. Until then TFB for them. If it was me and I knew for certain that I wasn't ready, I would go through with the abortion and not say anything to the father until after the fact. I would take extra precautions in the future to not get pregnant until I could deal with all responsibilities of having a baby.

cfnd
Rating
U HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE ANOTHER PERSON'S LIFE!! If u didn't want the baby, u should of used protection.If u do it u'll have to live with that for the rest of ur life. Think about that a lot. Maybe u should watch an abortion movie, u'll see the whole process. I watched it and trust me abortion is not the answer. and also u might get an infection.

gokart121
That's kind of a moral choice she has to make on her own...
many would say once pregnancy starts, it's best to carry the pregnancy to term. Others would say it's her choice, her body etc....decisions, decisions, best time to make em is before pregnancy happens...

hot l
Father or mother..... Abortion is not at all allowed.. its prohibited

prom queen
Rating
Its your body. He can try to take legal action but depends on where you live. If in UK, nothing will happen. Check with him first and decide if this is really what you want

♥ ~*Angela*~ ♥
Rating
even though I'm a woman, i feel that a man is just as responsible for the baby, so he should have SOME say. woman like to hold it against them when the child is Born, saying: i didn't make it on my own, so i won support it on my own. well this time its the same with abortion; you didn't make it on your own, and you wont make the decision of abortion on your own

foodlover
Rating
Ethically, it's the mother's choice. Legally, the father does have some rights in some states.

IndyMM
deponds on the state.

tagi_65
Rating
She needs no one's consent (unless she's a minor in some states) for an abortion.

Dyetanya W
Some states require a husband and wife to both consent to the abortion. But a single adult female could consider the father's feelings only if they want to continue to be with that person after the abortion. I had an abortion when I was 15. I didn't tell the father I was pregnant so no harm no foul.

Dante
Well it is the womans body not the mans, so she should have control over her body. In the end she is the one who has to go through the pregnancy and child birth, and then after all that maybe the man does not want it. I think a womans right to choose is important and a basic democratic right.

meld1707
Rating
if he really wanted to try hed have to hire a pretty damn good lawyer which is expensive. I know this sounds horrible, but to the court system, an unborn fetus isnt considered a person, there fore it has no human rights. Its your decision...think about it, if a girl got raped and didnt know who the father was....how could she get his consent??

exarmysgtpratt
Rating
He has no legal right at all. Until that baby is born, he has no legal claim whatsoever. It's the woman's right to choose. Not the mans.

V@$h_X 3
actually for me no woman on earth has the right to do abortion think of the child it has life to it is a sin against nature a sin against God so for me because i am a Cristian after all it is not right to have an abortion.

I'm sorry if this offended you....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can a cop do this?
okay so my bf came over i'm 15 turning 16 in october and he's 17 turning 18 in march. Well my parents are not home and he came over and then this cop showed up and made him leave. Can he do ...

Let's see, marijuana is illegal. Should we make broccoli illegal? How about cabbage?
Shouldn't marijuana be sold fresh in the supermarket next to the lettuce?
Additional Details
Let's EAT it! Like a salad with croutons and ranch dressing....

Are you against death penalty? Why?
Hi there! I am doing a research on death penalty and would like to know what you folks out there think about the issue. I am mostly looking for people who are against death penalty. Tell me, why do ...

Since abortion is legal...?
Shouldn't we legalize such crimes as rape and murder? After all people commit them anyway, and isn't that one of the left's most popular reasons for abortion?

People claim ...

Should tobacco products be banned?
do you think tobacco products should be banned?
if yes why? if no why?...

Should Marijuana be legalized in the United States?
YES or NO answers ...

If a man kills, cooks and possibly eats his girlfriend should he receive the death penalty or the mental ward?
TYLER, Texas (AP) -- A man killed his girlfriend, then filleted and cooked parts of her body before calling police to tell them what he was doing, authorities said Sunday.

Christopher Lee M...

If i buy my 16 year old gf a cell phone can they get me for child enticement?
hello im 19 and i bought my 16 y/o girlfriend a cell phone. well her parents got mad at that and reported it. can they get me for child enticement (in texas) since i bought it and there are text ...

Do you believe the death penalty should be brought back to Britain?
If so why and fo which sort of crimes? Murder only or do other crimes deserve death?

If not, why not?...

In your opinion, public officials taking oath on the quran, should we allow it?
I say..heck no!

I wouldnt touch the thing except to hold a match to it....

If you are arrested do you get a criminal record?

Y exctly iz it ilgl to txt while drivng?

Additional Details
But Drowning, u did answr my ...

Black people, get over it?
Slavery was abolished more than 50 years ago, get over it, you want reparations, how about the mass amount of money you've taken using fraud from welfare?...

Are you happy that the UK lets people from barbaric cultures into this country?
If you read about Sharia law, Islamic law etc, and you are what is considered in this part of the world (UK) civilised, you will be shocked and sickened by the barbarism, i.e. 16 year old girl ...

Help! This woman I was seeing found out I have a GF and some how found out where we live and?
the woman sent my GF a long letter telling her about us. I dont know how she found me. I'm not even sure of her last name. What can I do? Call the police? Get a restraining order? Just tell her ...

What do you think about the death penalty?
I'm writing a speech on why we should abolish it, and I was wondering what you think and why.
Keep it clean.
Thanks in advance!
--Cam
Additional Details
Layla--No. S...

Should Terrorists be given the death sentance if found guilty?

If asked to - would you take up arms to defend your country?
Or are you one of those who would ask the person charging towards you with a gun if they would like a cup of tea and an open debate?...

Neighbor keeps opening gates to my driveway saying it's her land and we cannot close the gates?
My neighbor who is mentally ill is claiming that our driveway is part of her property. We have been closing our gates for the last couple of weeks to keep her vicious dog out so that our ...

Should the government get rid of the penny?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links