Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

I'm a drop out in California, do I need a work permit?
Find answers to your legal question.

I'm a drop out in California, do I need a work permit?

I'm 17 years of age, I just moved to Los Angeles and I am not able to go to High School at the moment because I need to work to keep my self stable and not live in the streets. My GPA is 3.5, I did what I had to do :(.

I'm on my way to get my GED, and I just got hired as a Manager in West Hollywood, do I need to get a work permit?
Additional Details
haha, no.
I moved from Chicago, I've been on my own since I was 16. Family death occurred and drove the family apart :(

Big PandaBear
Rating
In california, you do not need a worker's permit unless you are 16 years of age or younger. However, if you are not 18 years old, you can't operate certain machinery and can't work late nights at a certain hour.

Good luck

☣
Rating
I guess the best person to ask is your employer.
But you already got hired so it shouldn't be much of a problem, just tell them your situation.

ipi4u
Rating
are you an illegal alien?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What are some MAIN laws?
Can someone list some of the main laws, that alot of people go to jail for or have to pay a fine? examples would be like: wear your seat belt....

What happens if you get caught by the police while high, but with no possesion?
i mean, if i'm under the influence but with no marihuana on my ...

Do you need a clean criminal record to own a gun in Nevada?
Do you need a clean criminal record to own a gun in Las Vegas Nevada?
What are the rules of owning a gun?...

Why is Michigan, New York, Illinois and California so broke being the Highest taxed States?

Custody battle in Ohio...?
I was separated from my ex when my daughter was only months old. The divorce was final 3 years later - We have shared parenting with me as the custody parent for school - she visits him 1-2 days a ...

Will I get sued if I break this contract?
I currently work at Company A as a LPN taking care of a client and I signed a home care worker service agreement stating that i'm not supposed to work with this client if they switch company'...

Making a will...Probate law?
When one makes a will, how long is it valid for? Is it indefinite or is there a time limit at which point it expires and becomes invalid?...

The result of the defendant's corrupt business dealings (was,were) soon felt. Which one?

Advising "parties" of their rights - Law Class Question (Analysis/Response) PLEASE help!?
Hello, so we have to prepare a response (I have about 75% of the length, I just need some more) to the following case. I am trying my best to address all aspects of the case problem.

You ...

Don't you guys think abortion should be legal everywhere?
I think that you should do watever the heck you want with your life. And your not killing a human. Its not even a human! I hate the pro-life people. They bomb health clinics and all that.
Who ...

CPS involved with my ex wife. What to expect?
I just returned home from a 15 month deployment about 3 months ago. I have seen my kids a few times now. I got a phone call last night from CPS (child protective services) They got 2 reports this ...

In il how do you stop child support after child turns 18 and is no in school.?
we live in Illinois and need to get child support stopped on 18 year old no longer in school. she also has a child of her ...

Why wont child support talk to me!?
Okay, so i've had child support enforcement helping me collect money well the tiny bit they have anyways, I got an attorney because ex was doing some custody stuff, and since i hired her the ...

I need 4 articles on either the Casey Anthony case or Chris Brown case 10 points to first answerer....?
I need an article from the "beginning" "the middle" and the most recent, or "the end".

It can be either the Casey Anthony case or the Chris brown case.
<...

All of the following would have standing to sue in a federal court EXCEPT:?
a)a citizen from kansas injured in a two-car accident on an interstate highway suing the driver of the other car, who is from Minnesota

b)a person who lost income because of illness due to ...

If a child is missing in each state is there a alert or law in that state like morgen nick alert (arkansas)?
doesn't every state have that if so what are the names of the children missing in that state that became an alert or ...

Identify whether it involves a violation of the ethical standards of the profession,?
and indicate which principle or rule would be violated.
a) Tom Hart, CPA, does the bookkeeping, prepares the tax returns, and performs various management services for Sanders, Inc. One ...

What is the legal age to choose which parent you live with in Georgia?
My mom lives in Oklahoma and is my legal guardian. I'm 16 and live with my aunt in Georgia and want to live with my Grandma who also lives in Georgia. Can I move out and do I need to go to court ...

Dream act 2009 do i qualify?
hello
i just want to know;

who qualifies to dream act?
i came to the USA at the age of 15. in Feb. 2004 and graduate from high school last year(2008), i have 5 years in the US.. ...

Non-smokers: Is legalizing marijuana a good idea?
I'm not sure myself. I can't stand stoners, yet I have read about how legalizing and regulating pot could be good for the economy, but I'm not sure if it will do the general public ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links