Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

I fell at a store what should i do?
Find answers to your legal question.

I fell at a store what should i do?

i fell at a retail store today. i was walking down one of there food aisle and slipped and landed on my left knee.there was no spill there or signs. but the spot i slipped in was kind of a slick greece spot. i did kind of a split. i did go back and talked to the manager and filled out a report. they said the insurance company will be calling me. i will be going to the doctor tomorrow for some x-rays to make sure nothing was torn. what would happen? would they give me money to be quiet about it? i don't think i am able to sue. i don't think i will need surgery. its just in really bad pain. swollen and stiff. i live in new york. anyone with advice?

Who aren't you?
Rating
Wait until the insurance company calls you.

Answer their questions, but don't get tricked into saying something was your own fault, as it was the fault of the spill.

They will likely have some process of giving you compensation for your medical bills once they deem your claim to be genuine. You did go through the proper procedure for filing a report of the incident so it's in the store's records that it happened.

So just wait, see what the insurance company says, but don't say anything that it was your fault or it the injury wasn't 100% based on the fall.

T
Rating
Have the store reimburse you for any medical expenses you incur because of the fall and be done with it.

Michael
Consult legal counsel. Some states have limited liability in slip and fall accidents.

ei_chick69
Since you fell on their property, you're entitled to sue them, and be reinbursed for pain and medical bills.

Good Luck:)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How should criminals be punished?
just wanted to know your opinion on this... ...

What legal obligation does my school have to make sure my personal information is private?

Can cops in usa get someone directly at border like mexico?
im curious i would appreciate if someone answered both situations i want to know what would happen in both what would happen if cops were chasing someone directly at mexican border guy would the cops ...

Judge orders defendant's mouth taped shut?
An eastern Idaho judge who lost patience with the disruptive behavior of a defendant ordered court officials to tape the man's mouth shut with duct tape during a court hearing. The unusual move ...

Does anyone believe the 11 Pakistanis arrested last week?
are good upright citizens who were victimised by MI6 and the police,or is there no smoke without fire?
Why (you could ask) are people released without charge mean they are innocent or simply the ...

How can i get a restraining order removed, the police put it on?
the police themselves charged my bf and put a restraining order on him i didnt want to do that but they did. we desperately need it off cus we have so much stuff together. that we own. and with this ...

What type of lawyer should I see about a Wrongful Termination case?

I'm not 21 or whatever the legal age to smoke is but is it legal to smoke cereal sticks or cereal in a tissue?

Is it difficult to work with a public attorney?

Additional Details
Thank you K...

My brother and sister dont go to school, and im worried about them?
i told them they should go...but they dont want to. They like to stay at home and play computer games. My mom lets them do what they want.

im worried about them, should i just try to let ...

Why do criminals steal just to buy something else?
The other day some juvenile delinquents broke into my hubby's vehicle to steal his car radio. They also broke into my van and rummaged through a purse that was left in there, I can only assume ...

Y did the sticker call his lawyer?
its a corny joke.

Answer: because he got ripped off!...

How can I can I get an Internet company to refund my money?
Ok 4 months ago I ordered something from an Internet company called Fireplace Gateway for $349.00. This item was on backorder. I waited 2 months and cancelled my order since the order had not come ...

Should violoent juvenile offenders be treated as adults in the criminal justice system?
I need reasons why or why not because i am doing a debate tomorrow in school and i need reasons!!!thanks!!!...

What's the punishment for minor battery?
My friend, a Freshman in high school, when roughhousing with his chick friend, accidentally punched the chick friend a little too hard (and ended up bruising her.) Now the chick friend is pressing ...

How can i legally change my name?
My name is Gina. And because of how people are these days, i have been getting harassed in school and even out of school.
That isn't the only reason though. I Have had a lot of bad things ...

Simple question for those against water-boarding?
What methods do you recommend the CIA and other agencies use in order to interrogate terrorists? If you can't use any of these increased interrogate methods what can you do to break the person ...

Can you call a jail and see if someones there?

How many deaths are caused by drugs in Canada?

Who agrees with me that it stupid to have the drinking age at 21 when 18 years olds can die for their country?

Additional Details
Hey thanks for the answers so far but i dont mean people in the military drinkingon base what i mean is its dumb we can get married have kids smoke join the war but ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 15, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links