Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

I found a Wallet with $268.00 today. I returned the Wallet and the money to the owner did I do good?
Find answers to your legal question.

I found a Wallet with $268.00 today. I returned the Wallet and the money to the owner did I do good?

Honesty is my best policy!
Additional Details
In closure the Man just cashed his paycheck so he needed his money. I didn't want a reward, but he works at the Express Oil Station so he said I can come anytime and get a free Oil Change...Honesty does pay off!

••Mott••
You did more for yourself than the other guy! I'd bet anything that in one way or another it will come back to you ten-fold. Life works that way. I lost my wallet a few weeks ago- and an honest person found it- a few hours later I got a phone call and picked it up. (I had a bank deposit slip in there with my phone number on it). I would do the same thing.

You never know when, where and why but you may cross paths with him again and he'll be there for you! We all really are brothers and sisters in this world and should treat each other accordingly... "we all need somebody to lean on"

no
if i find loose notes in the street i keep them,but if i have a way of contacting the owner (wallet+info) i will return it.you did this and you did the right thing.good work.

J T
YOU DONE GOOD! (GREAT)

My hat's off to ya, and a big pat on the back.

Don't you just feel great about yourself? YOU SHOULD.

Jayne S
You deserve credit for doing the right thing.

Way to go!

Summergal50
give your self a pad on the back

tkquestion
Rating
To me, to say you did "GOOD" implies there were options - You went above and beyond.... - You did things you really didn't have to do....

No, you didn't do any of those things. To me, you did the RIGHT THING. Yes, honesty is the best policy. Good for you for knowing the right from wrong and actually put it into practice.

Unfortunately, many in your position would simply have taken the money - or worse abuse the content of it (such as credit cards).

I'm sure the owner was pleased of your actions. I hope he gave you the rewards you deserve - either in words or in substance. Either way, you will be rewarded by your own knowledge that you are an honest person. Having a self-respect is the greatest respect you can ever recieve.

Yeah - in short, you did GOOD!

Steady Eddy
Rating
Yes, you are the man!!

ROBERT L O
Yes.

Misti J
Yes, of course you did. Most people wouldn't turn it in.

PoliticalOutlaws.com
Rating
Most definitely!

harleyq8
Rating
yes and may you be rewarded for it

lisa07232000
Rating
Yes

L J
Yes that was the right thing to do so be proud of yourself you are in the few that would so i guess that makes you a minority

Sonja
Rating
I think what you did is the greatest!!! You may never know just how much this will affect the owner of it! Not just the return of his/her money but your honesty! You will be blessed for this!

nanawnuts
Pat yourself on the back, you did great! I found a wallet in front of my house one time with 375.00 in it. The guy was the son of our Police Chief at the time. He had just gotten paid and the wallet fell off the dash of his truck as he was going around a curve, somehow he didn't notice (never did figure that one out). Long story short (too late) the little crap weasle never said thank you or kiss my rumpus. I called a few days later to the P.D. to see if he got it and his freaking father never said thanks either. Oh Well! It still pays in the long run to be honest. I would want my wallet returned and so I guess getting a thanks is unimportant. :0) Nana

haroula
good for you!!!!

michaelknight_2000
YOU DID GREAT. NEED'S TO BE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE WORLD IT WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE.

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO HONEST. YOU DESERVE A MEDAL

Awesome Bill Crabby Old Goalie
Rating
You've done more good for yourself than words can say. Great job!

Shayna
yes

mila_dia315
Rating
karma/good luck will be brought to you!

rentalsocks
of course you did good. you didnt even need to ask this question.

robin
Rating
Good for you, not much honesty in the world today. I applaud you!

dopeadevil23
Good Job. You get 10 brownie points.

You could get 10 more, by giving me best answer...

Ambassador Z
You did great. That money belongs to the person who originally lost it, and it could have been that person's entire paycheck to get them by till the next paycheck.

I'm happy that there are people like you around!

jackson
Thats all great.. and agree but once I found a wallet with 2000 dollars, credit cards, business cards, checkbooks, etc. I called and showed up to give it to her. She grabbed it and slammed the door. No thank you, no nothing. A simple thanks would have been nice and regardless of morality.... I should have kept the money and then returned the wallet.

singledad
yes you did, hopefully your honesty was rewarded

smokingstonersweetheart
Rating
yes, did they give you a tip? i would have kicked down at least 50 bucks i think.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

3 years in jail for hurling a shoe at George Bush?
Isn't that a bit harsh?...

Is it illegal for a man to try on lingerie at a store?
So the other day I was minding my own business trying on some lingerie at Victoria's Secret (I love the lace!) and then they had security kick me out of the store, apparently they didn't ...

Who actually thinks marijuana is bad?
-smoking a lot of weed doesn't make you lazy, lazy people smoke a lot of weed. I have a 4.0 and a 2030 (1360) sat, and will go to college next year. That is a lot better than plenty of people ...

Why is weed illegal?...?
is our gov't so ****'d up that they will make things like moonshine and weed illegal only because its untaxable? i know its not due to the "toxins" in it.. look at legal beer.. ...

What is the legal age a child can leave home without their parents permission?

A different moral problem?
I am doing an ethics essay and need a moral problem to discuss but would like something different, ie not the usual euthanasia, abortion, death penalty or war stuff. Any different ideas? Bearing in ...

Does anyone else think law is to soft on criminals and police should be harder on criminals?

Can I legally smash the window of this car and then roll it out the way?
I pay for a secure underground parking in the City.... with my own space in an underground car park. It's £165 pm which is a lot of money.. but only about £25 pm more than the public car parks, ...

Can you move out at sixteen?
I am 15 right now, but I will be sixteen within a few months. I was planning on graduating early, but I need to get out sooner. I am looking to move to California. I have looked into emancipation ...

What do you call a gov. that lies, cheats, steals from and murders their own citizens?

Isn't Against the Law?
I just heard this story about this boy finding out someone made a fake Myspace page of him, saying that he had attempted to rape several girls and was a pothead. He went to the police, and the ...

Military Boyfriend Coming Back Home. Something A little fishy?
My boyfriend was supposed 2 be coming back tonight from a 3month stay out of state. But then out the blue his family suprised him and he is spending any extra day. I don't know much about the ...

Statistically what are the chances of me being caught if I don't pay the TV licence ?

How can i continue to live if i want to die?
It is better to die and rest than to living. so why would i live and destroy....

Do you think teenagers should be able to drive at a younger age?

Is it legal to grow marijuana?

Should we get rid of all the religious references in American government?
Im talking about the pledge of allegence, money, etc. Should we get rid of it or is it too much trouble?...

Yes or no: Repeat offending paedophiles in the UK should be surgically castrated.?

What do you think about being pro-choice on abortion?
doesn't being pro-choice mean that you do not have to LIKE abortion or think it's ethical, but you want to give women their choice?...

Why don't illegal immigrants have respect for our laws?
Don't say they want a better life--they can build up their own country. We passed NAFTA--and they have lots of oil. So what's the excuse for coming here?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links