Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

I recieved legal documents but my name is spelled wrong. What are my options? Can I use this to my advantage?
Find answers to your legal question.

I recieved legal documents but my name is spelled wrong. What are my options? Can I use this to my advantage?

Phil
Rating
A misspelling in name is regarding as an error that has no legal effect as long as the correct person is identifiable.

Lexie
No.

The First Dragon
Rating
I had a friend who participated in an illegal activity and they came to his house to serve papers; but the name was wrong. So he said, "He doesn't live here."
Maybe that was all right.
But in general, if the govt gets your name wrong, and then find out your correct name, they will add the wrong name as AKA.
I got so mad, they got my name wrong. It's Joan but they read my DL wrong and put "Jean." I hate Jean. But after that I was stuck with "Joan AKA Jean." Fooey.

Max Hoopla
You do it at your own peril. You should consult a real attorney.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Neighbors dog came through our fence to go after my son!!?
My husband just spent 18 hours (he is not handy!) putting together a swingset for our 4 year old son. This was a project that I felt him unqualified for, but that is another issue.
After the set ...

Are the American people just to lazy to protest and stand up against corruption?
I don't care who it is, I am sick and tired of seeing Americans lay down and accept corruption. I don't care who it is being corrupt. The rule of law states we are all to abide by the law. T...

For religious reasons?
I have a question, many times you are obliged by law to do something (such as having your kids vaccinated) but if you say "I choose not to for religious reasons" you are not obliged anymore....

How do I divide an estate of furniture when one wants one piece of furniture and the others want to sell all?
I am executor of my dad's will. Property to be divided equally between 3. All he had was furniture. Estate auction and divide the money was my plan. Now, my sister wants one piece of ...

Is using a no recourse of public funds is a serious crime is it under a civil or criminal case?
my friend who work and live in uk as a work permit holder is granting a housing executive but when they apply for a citizen they being have a case due to using a housing ...

What would happen if laws were changed, such as drug laws, gun laws, environmental laws, internet usage, etc?
From a crime prospective. Would it incline? Is there a good chance mafias could form with protection/extortion rackets?...

Is it legal to make it mandatory over time on Sundays?
At my place of work if they don't get enough volunteer's to work on Saturday they come up with making it mandatory on Saturday and Sunday or your fired they like to do that a lot
Is ...

Is it legal/ethical to use a recipe off the internet, market it, and refuse to give it out?
Any information would be appreciated. As for the recipe, I don't know if it had a copyright or not. I didn't see one... The website itself looked like a mixture of about.com and a blog.
<...

Question about extended car warranty, Can i Sue?
Okay, i bout a used truck with a extended 75,000/72 month warranty.

I bout the car when it was one year old. Apparently, they say the calculate the month's and mileage by the age of ...

Does anyone else agree?
The "HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009" ramifications are being heavily debated.
My opinion is that:
1. If you are hesitant to register your ...

People, what is the form of the worst betrayal, betrayal of pledges and vows or just the regular betrayal ?

Additional Details
I'd like to thank all of you guys who have already answered my question, I would love to hear more from you after I elaborate now more on what I have in mind as ...

Would a prison employ someone, who has a family member that has spent time in there?

DUI 2 years a few months ago, should I even bother applying for a job that checks DMV record in California?
Job description says:

"License Requirements:
• Possession of a California driver’s license; vehicle insurance, and a good driving record. All applicants invited to interviews ...

Car accident who do i take to court? Help?
Ok i got in an accident and was hit from behind,
My car is totaled and not able to drive, my insurance is looking at it,
The guy that hit me is in the military and had no insurance at the ...

Passed out in building and broke my 3 front teeth and had concussion Who can/is held responsible to pay bill?
I recently had a blood draw at Quest Diagnostics in the same building of my doctors office... upon going in the elevator and walking out afterwords, I collapsed and passed out unconscious.. face ...

Could anyone tell me how long you serve in prison if you get an eight year 3 month sentence?
my ex got that for a very violent crime and just wanted to know if he will do most of that so i dont have to worry about him turning up at my door anytime ...

What is the "presiding justice" in regards to Supreme Court cases?
I'm thinking it's the Chief Justice at the time of the trial, but I'm not 100% sure and can't seem to find the answer anywhere.
Thanks....

How many states have constitutions or have passed laws that prohibit the feds from ...?
...passing laws the infringe upon the rights of the state residents?
Something like this.
http://data.opi.mt.gov/b
And don't you think it's ...

Does anyone know what the NSA is?
I want to be a cyber investigator online, I heard If I join the NSA it would be more rewarding?
What is the NSA? What do they do..is it hard to be apart of?...

I am being followed by a private investigator can i report it to the police?
i hurt myself at work like3 years ago and i am taking legal action against them. tonight i had the most weirdest experience ever. my lawyer said that they would be following me around but is there a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links