Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

If a 16 yr old girl has a baby by a 16 year old guy and keeps it, who pays child support?
Find answers to your legal question.

If a 16 yr old girl has a baby by a 16 year old guy and keeps it, who pays child support?

If the 16 yr old girl lives with her mother only because her parents are divorced, and her father is paying lots of child support, what happens when she gets pregnant and has a child by another underage teen?? Then who pays child support for the infant? The teen father is underage so it wouldn't be him. Would it be nobody? The teen boy's parents? The teen girl's father? Who?
Additional Details
The state is California.

JessyQ
Rating
idk but ill tell you one thing, that little boy sure as hell would be payin child support. its called a WORKING PERMIT.

catsangel777
Rating
legally, no matter the age-the father of the baby.

idontcare526
the person who pays the child support is the one who doesn't keep the child good luck with the child and try your hardest to stay in school it will pay off much more than dropping out.

justme
Probably the poor old taxpayer----again!!!

Empress Jan
Rating
first of all - the new teen father is still responsible for the newborn - that's his child.

second - the infant's grandfather, seeing that his daughter became irresponsible and got pregnant, should file papers in court in order to emancipate her as an adult. The grandfather is NOT responsible for the infant in a court of law.

Luv2no is in the house
Rating
The guy pays child support regardless of where your living. That's the law. There is no way for him to get out of it.

njr
The guy always pays period. If they have to squeeze it out of his parents, so be it.

Grammy(back on)
I think the boy's parents should help support the child until you both get an education and your lives on track. Good luck and God bless, I bet the child is well loved. Don't ever, ever use the baby as a pawn. Let the child get to know the father and the other grand parents wether or not they pay support and be prepared to love the child with all your being.

yanxroc
The court can order the guy's parents to pay child support and I think they can order the guy to get a job and pay up even. Just because someone is underage doesn't mean they can't earn money and be held responsible.

ttwebmaster
The answer is simple,whoever has the best lawyer wins.A court may order support,but enforcing is very different.
The situation here is just plain selfish on the part of everyone.

Johnny Ballgame
Rating
The American people do when these worthless people go on welfare.

italienne
The baby's father pays support. Is that why she got pregnant? She needs to get a job as well.

R
Rating
The non custodial parent. He will pay if he has a job if not then nothing. the teen girl and get a judegment agaisnt him and then he has to work but the job he gets won't be that big so the child support will small

Danny boy
I think both should help pay for it

SHAR") [dream big]
Rating
I would say the father should pay child support. I am pretty sure you didn't want to get pregant. He decided he wanted a child so now he should pay for his actions!

Brieannaâ„¢
Rating
The girl would have to pay it...

Abercrombie_Girl
Rating
no question the Father of the baby should be paying its the law

Fngan
The Father obviously...

Angela H
Rating
see your local court child support guidelines for your state or country ,,,,The teen boys both of his parents will be responsible to pay till he is 18 then he will be required to pay if the girl keeps the child but if the boy keeps the child the girls parents will be ordered to pay ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just keep in mind both teens may be required to get a work permit to support the child if the teens parents on both sides suggest it to the courts and do not have sufficient income or a disability themselves that will prevent the order of such support it really depends on the whole situation and then the amount of support will be determined by total income from both

BAKEELSAB
Rating
Father must pay but you have to prove that he and only he is the father.Otherwise mother is the natural legal guardian of the child. For maintenance legitimacy of the child is no bar.

jose c
Your Baby's Father!! No matter how old he is, he is responsible along with you to support the baby. Your parents can support you in living wise but not in baby diapers, toys, hospital bills, doctors' bill that's all on you and the baby's father (your boyfriend). You have to start working and so those your boyfriend. Good Luck and Congratulations!!

Kelsey N
Rating
they both will have to pay child support becasue its their kid.

candy
Rating
the mother and father

justwondering
Rating
I don't see any reason why the guy shouldnt pay child support, but i live in texas. The only reason that i can think of for him to not have to pay child support would be either because he has custody or you two are living together. Here, all you have to do is fill out a paper to have his wages garnished, and then you go to court. If he is refusing or anything, it would be wise to get a lawyer.

r0ckStar
Rating
i know for sure that if you get preagnant before 18 your automatically considered an adult!! so it wouldnt be none of the 16 year olds parents...im guessing the 16 year old dad!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What's the punishment for being busted in school with a quarter of marijuana?

Additional Details
****** k-9 ...

If you shoot to kill a person but it turns out he was already dead. Can you be charged with a crime?
Say you walked into the backyard shot s/he 5 times but an autopsy proves they had died of a heartattack 6 hours earlier....

What does the quote "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" mean?

At what age did people lose their virginity?

Should abortion remain a woman's right to choose, even though it is probably immoral?
Things do not become illegal, just because they are immoral. Moral decisions are usually made by individuals, rather than by act of government.

In the abortion debate, there are many anti-...

What do you think about the smoking ban starting in on 1st July at 6 am?
i think it is a disgraceful that they banned smoking in public by
August drinking bubbly in public will be banned lol
Additional Details
i dont smoke in any form of way i ...

What are your views on capital punishment?

Additional Details
to DAVID F my nannan was raped and murdered 23 years ago, she was found by my mum. dont tell me to get a grip!, if you found your loved one like that you would want ...

What are your views on legalizing weed??

Additional Details
and why.........

Do you think that Bush should butt out of gay marriages?
bush has been preventing gay marriages because he believes that it is not in God's wishes. i thought that there was supposed to be a seperation of church and state, but apparently bush thinks ...

Would you buy cigarettes for somebody who'll be underage - already smokes?
My brother is 16 and smokes - he's gonna go from being legal to buy cigs to illegal when the age changes. I think because he is already legal he shouldn't not be allowed to buy them.
<...

Do you feel marijuana should be legalized and taxed for use by responsible adults?
http://www.tn420....

Do you think alcohol is worse than marijuana?? (forget the legality issues)?

I have heard that we are legally obliged to carry a minimum amount of cash on us at all times. Is this true ?

Why does America STILL have the death penalty?

Additional Details
"The death penalty is the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment. It violates the right to life. It is irrevocable and can be inflicted on the innocent....

Smoking - Prohabition?
Should there be a 'TOTAL' ban on smokin?

Do you agree with the new ban on smoking in workplaces and in public.

What are 'YOUR VIEWS' on this subject?
<...

Is it illegal to throw stuff from tall buildings?
i visited seattle last month and we went to the space needle. my friends and i pretended to be snipers and we flicked some coins off the top deck. now i wonder if it actually hurt anyone who happend ...

I got served papers by my ex-bf parents... PLEASE HELP!!!!?
I got Served papers from my ex boyfriends parents. He's in Prison, We broke up, I lived in their apartment for a while until last march. Now they are trying to get $2100 from me!! I don't ...

Driving a drunk friend home when you and him are minors illegal?
Well I was wondering, say, if me and my friend go to a party, and he gets drunk and I'm sober. If I give him a ride to his house and get pulled over going there, can I get in trouble if he is ...

If three teenagers commit a crime, two girls and one boy. Who should be charged?
Last fall, here in Buffalo, NY two teenage girls (both 15) and one teenage boy (16) went to a Christian church and with spray paint vadalized the church with "LONG LIVE THE ATHEISTS" ... ...

Why are black employees allowed to bully whites on the job without real consequence?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 17, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links