Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

If a father decides he doesn't want the baby before it is born should he be forced to pay.?
Find answers to your legal question.

If a father decides he doesn't want the baby before it is born should he be forced to pay.?

Since it is legally ok for a woman to kill her baby if she doesn't want it, why should a father be forced to pay child support on a child he doesn't want.
Additional Details
First, i love my daughter, i just want to know what all these abortion rights advocates think when asked this question. its the same as abortion. one party not taking responsibility for there actions

rxjkl
Rating
No the father should not be forced to pay child support if he is unwilling to have the child. What people miss is that under the current system the mother has all the power to decide. The only time the father has any responsibility is if the mother wants money. If she wants to get an abortion nobody cares what the father has to say. I thought it took 2 people to create life. I guess it only takes one to end it. Huh

TSmith
Rating
Of course it is a ridiculous question. That is the point he was trying to make. Neither parent should have a choice! When you lay together and make a baby , you both should have to live with the consequences. If the woman doesn't want the baby, then there is always adoption. Oh, don't think the woman should have to go through nine months of pain...oh poor her. Grow up. You don't make a baby, decide you don't want it and then kill it. Oh you are pro choice...well when the baby is given a choice ...get back to me!!!!

Oh, it isn't murder you say...well do nothing...let's see if it is a life or not. If it isn't a life then there isn't anything there to kill right.

Seems like everyone just makes up their version to make it fit their situation. If we all ever get smart enough to have a society with some morals, integrity, and a sense of responsibility then maybe this world would be a better place.

Sadly I know it won't happen. What this person is trying to say is you can't have it both ways! Why does she get a choice and he doesn't? Well, we are all smart enough to know that he shouldn't have a choice. When are we going to all get smart enough to realize that she shouldn't either!

SPAWN-DA BAMBRICK
Rating
If you didnt want the baby you should have bought a 2 dollar box of condoms, so yes you should have to pay for it, you made it you feed it, if not my taxes will have to support it...

wakeme2006@sbcglobal.net
Oh YEA. Shouldn't be messing around unprotected (or period) if you aren't ready to handle the responsiblities of a child. Same for the girls.

Robert K
Rating
Definitely! You made your choice when you had the fun...the decision to keep the baby or not is strictly hers and hers alone. This could be a blessing in disguise and a gift from the almighty. My girlfriend got pregnant while supposedly on the pill....now my son is the most precious thing in my life!

doggy mom
Rating
He should relinquish all rights and claims to the child - like putting it up for adoption. This needs to be done while the mother can still terminate the pregnancy. Then he should be able to not pay child support.What a cad. He should have thought of that before he got her pregnant.

Illinoismom
Rating
I think he should not have to pay. Believe me, coming from a woman, I do know that woman trap men. What if she was on the pill(but oops forgot to take it) or poked holes in the condom, she did it deliberately, without his knowledge. I think that the man should have some say so as to what happens to the baby after a woman is pregnant

Slick Alien
Rating
That is a good question, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If you fathered a child, unless you sign away your legal parental rights AFTER the baby is born, then you must pay support.

godwetrust_net
Rating
I agree. Man should have that right if woman has hers. but woman should not have that right and niether should man.

angelpockets
Any man that does not pay should be hanged! The child never asked to be brought into this world... but once it is here it must eat!

willywonka172
Too bad you didn't use a condom! Should have masturated instead!

Mama Pastafarian
Rating
The father's body is never pregnant, therefore he does not have a say in whether or not the woman carries the child to term. His time for choice was before he impregnated her.

Once the baby is born, he must help support the child that he helped to create. He doesn't have to see the child, but he does need to support that child until he gives up his parental rights. And the only way he can sign them away is if the child is adopted, either by a new mother and father, or by the mother marrying a man who is willing to adopt the child.

loubean
unfortunately for guys...that part isn't up to you. You can sign off on your parental rights though...and then you aren't responsible financially either...I believe.

joevette
Yes he should but the mother should not be allowed to KILL the baby.

1 + 1 = 11
yes. bcuz he is the reason that baby came into the world. and therfore he should at least pay for it. plus its your child you would want to support it and give it a good life.

chicagoan86
No, and if you don't like it you should've thought about before you did it.

snakeman11426
Rating
Because the time to decide that he didnt want the baby was BEFORE he got the girl pregnant.
Be a man.

Pictish Lass
Yes. It's the mother's decision- if the father's having a baby, he can kill that one.

Jack Kerouac
Rating
your joking right? of COURSE you should pay for your RESPONSIBILITY. but then again i hope with your attitude you never have kids.

SidTheKid
Rating
If you helped to make that baby you should have to pay for that baby. It doesn't matter if you want it or not. There were plenty of precautions you could have taken so that the girl wouldn't get pregnant. You sure didn't mind making it. Its that ages old saying "you play,you pay!"!! Its time to for you be a man so quit crying and do the right thing.

bear54
Rating
how old are u man?

tbh
What are when the mother wants it but the father doesn't cause its an inconvenience but yet he is out there screwing other girls

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

This is a serious question:Can a man be raped???

I removed the "DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW" tag from my mattress. What should I do?

Abortion! Your views?
In class today we had a debate on abortion! What are you view? Are you pro or anti? Answer please!...

On a scale of 1 to 10 is dui that bad?

Should child malesters be given the death penalty?
I personally think they should. They are cruel and disgusting beings. Just imagine it was your daughter/son or sibling. You would want justice....

What is your opinion on this?
I couldn't believe what I heard yesterday, I was listening to the radio about these paedophiles being castrated and the interviewer asked a man his opinion about this, the man replied it was a ...

Is drinking in the car legal ?
If i park it somewhere not crowded ... ?
I live in Los Angeles California ....

RANDOM POLL- Marijuana Habits. I smoke marijuana: a)daily b)occasionally c)used to but gave it up d)never
A simple letter answer is acceptable, but feel free to expound. Results will be talllied; best answer will be selected from the most popular choice. Thanks for participating....

Can my employer prevent me from having coworker to my house for a party?
I was going to have a some of my co-workers over to our house tomorrow night for a New Year's get together. Today, our HR person (after hearing it on the grapevine) told me that I could not ...

Is it illegal to dress my pitbull in victorian clothing and make him dance?

Do you agree with the death penalty?

My boyfriend hit me, where do i stand?
my bf hit me a few days ago on the leg and back of the head, i didnt go to the poilce about it at the time but im thinking about going now, i only have one small mark on my leg and a text to prove ...

Why can not we punish the criminals on the spot ?
Each person in jail cost the tax payer around Rs. 5000 a month. A life sentenced person will cost the Government upto 7 lakhs during his punishment period. Is it the punishment to the criminal or a ...

Why does the govt care if we put drugs in our body?
Why do they care if we put cannabis or other "hippie" drugs in our body. They obviously dont care THAT muchw hen alcohol and tobacco is legal.
Additional Details
Sooo, some you ...

Stealing, shop lifting, what ever you want to call it?
I have 2 friend who like to shop lift they dont steal everything but they steal alot and NEVER get busted! R they bad people how can i help them? anything?...

If a man on the street walked up to you and ordered you to give him your money, but presented no weapon...?
What would you do?...

Is it illegal to send someone a turd by royal mail?
I hate my ex girlfriend and I want to crap into a parcel and send it to her anonymously. If I got caught, would I get in trouble?

I'm not interested in how immoral it is - I really ...

Is marajuana good for you?

Smoking ban... Should this be allowed or is it a human rights issue??? (uk smoker)?

I'm the sole person on my lease in a rent controlled apt., can i legally kick my roommate out??

Additional Details
I live in nyc, and she has lived in apt. for 6 years....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links