Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

If someone saved your life, what should you give them in return? How can you repay them?
Find answers to your legal question.

If someone saved your life, what should you give them in return? How can you repay them?

The least you can do is give them money, right?
how much money?
what percent of your life savings are they entitled to?

Healthy Environment
Rating
Give them your gratitude. No amount of material possessions can matter in a time like this.
Unless you have a million dollars to spare.
But if it's not significant enough to change that person's life, don't worry about it.

S.
Thank them, if the person is respectable, they will not take your money-they'll just walk away with the pride of helping someone. If the person is attractive/interesting offer them a dinner date.

Bethany
Absolutely not. I don't think I would expect money if I saved someone's life. When I help people and they ask what they can give me.. I tell them to pass along the help to other people.

dylanfox
my gratitude, and if i find myself in a position to do likewise not to shirk my debt.

why would money come into it? i'm not a mercenary!

Charlie79
Rating
I wouldnt give any money...i would offer my friendship, and would do the same thing if anybody else ever needed it.

Rockstarr
Rating
Mmmm...i dont think money is appropriate...if i saved someones life and they paid me i'd feel kinda insulted...like they were buying my kindness. Maybe u could write them a letter or poem or something, expressing how u feel or...u could have something named after them or something. Just something really deep and expressive of your feelings...money is too impersonal.

Emma ♥ Danny.
Rating
i wouldn't give them any money whatsoever.
money isnt everything.
just a simple "you saved my life, thank you so much"
Emma (:

Seeker
Rating
I won't insult the person who save me with money. Beside I am cheap.

Mutt
How much are they entitled to? Nothing. No one saves another person's life with the expectations of getting anything back in return.

If you want to give them money, you can set whatever price you want that you think your life is worth. If you think it is worth your entire life savings, then give that person your entire life savings. If you think your life is only worth $10, give that person $10.

Happy guy
Rating
i wont give money
il jus say thank you,well u did a great job.keep doing*_*

quizzard123
Rating
Is your life worth money? Not really.

The person deserves your gratitude. If they need help themselves, (such as financial help), then feel free to offer it. But offering cash for saving you makes your life seem very petty, i think.

dsda D
Rating
Give them your gratitude. No amount of material possessions can matter in a time like this.
Unless you have a million dollars to spare.
But if it's not significant enough to change that person's life, don't worry about it.

cavegirlo
If they saved your life I would think they are the kind of person who would expect no reward except that they did someting great.

♪ ♫Barnacle Bill the Sailor♫.
Rating
You owe that person your life....Watch for opportunities to lay down your life for Him.

MidnightDasher15
I know if I saved someones life, I wouldn't except anything in return, but if I did, probably money.

Andy
Rating
Give them your house and let them sleep with your wife. That should make you even.

Jay
Rating
I would push them into a dangerous situation, and try to save them. ☺

vasankss
In my case (Accident occurred) I treated him as a friend as he was unknown before the accident and and my life savings is my blood and I donated the max.,(this is the wish I wanted to do and he has accepted the noble cause) to the hospital (where I was treated) can take from me and whenever I go to USA I made it a point to visit the hospital and request them to take the blood as much as possible and this will be done throughout my life whenever I visit USA.

Hope the readers could donate blood which is free being born as human being and wherever you are born.
It is easy to steal money but very very difficult to steal the blood.

Thanks and best wishes,

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why does USA has not ratified the International Convention on the Rights of the Child?

What was the observable results of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 in the way it affected tv and newspaper?

Additional Details
With sources please....

Facing battery charges?
My ex-boyfriend had me arrested and now I'm facing battery charges. I don't quite remember everything of what happened b/c I was intoxicated. He went the next he went to fill out a paper ...

Why would it cost 16,000 a year of taxpayer money for a dog ?
In Snohomish Washington they are going to lay off a drug sniffing dog that is costing 16,000 a year in vet care, food, grooming, kennel and training, what is up with that 16,000 is the new blue ...

Is it illegal for a cell phone company to not provide 911?
I have a cell phone (palm centro to be exact) and the first time I used emergency services was a few months ago and my phone would beep after 20 sec. and would hang up.Luckily I was able to give my ...

Contract Law terms help!!!?
Please anwser honestly.

1. nonfraudulent misrepresentation may be either innocent or ______.
2. _______ are contracts that propose to violate laws.
3. a person must have a ______...

Is this even legal???
someone , a neighbor most likely has put a hand written note on lined paper stating " your yard looks like **** , i bet your proud" in my sisters mailbox i am house sitting for her ...

Can a court appointed lawyer legally refuse to represent a defendant?
I was wondering this because currently someone in town is on trial for molesting several children, and he is being represented by a public defender.

I know I would rather dig my eyeballs ...

What are ex-employers aloud to know?!?
Ok.

In my past, I have been fired from a job before. I have always been told that on the application you do not have to say that you were fired and instead list other reasons which I have ...

Who or what regulates an officer when they violate a right?
I got alot of grievances about my Chain of Command, and I keep hearing there is nothing I can do regardless of documents. How can an officer regulate order,/regulations, and not have to follow them? ...

Is it unethical for a lawyer to give legal advise if he or she cannot practice law (continued)?
Like a lawyer who has not passed the bar in a state he or she resides in that requires lawyers to pass the bar to practice law?...

Can people be trialed for the same crime, if its a different victim?
i know very little about double jeopardy, but does that still apply, if its a different victim taking someone to court, for the same crime?

im only asking out of curiosity....

Family Medical Leave Act Question.?
I am out on disability and covered FMLA. When I return to work can they lay me off or am I still protected? Their business is slow and they have someone else preforming my job. I would rather stay ...

If I quit my job will they deny my unemployed?
I quit my job because the employer created a hostile work environment by not getting rid of a person that was being violent towards me so can I still get my unemployment?...

If you found a corpse would you look for any money on it before calling the police?
And keep the money? Or would you just call the police? That happened to me once....

Going back to work after on disability....?
I am out on disability. The FMLA act protects me from being fired on laid off while I am disability. However, I am worried that when I return they will lay me off. Is this legal or am I still ...

Is there anyway to collect child support if the person is unemployed?
I have a court order to receive child support, but the idiot (the dad) won't get a job just to keep from paying. Is there anything that I can do to make him stand up to his responsibilities....

Would you rather collect death or disability?
If you could get some money from insurance?...

Would those favoring "abortion on demand" oppose a measure requiring that the unborn child . . . ?
be taken out alive and given medical treatment, to keep it alive whenever possible?

Why or why not?
Additional Details
It's interesting that none of the answers appears ...

Is it illegal for your boss and coworkers?
To disclose and discuss some one's disability in the work area... Ie.. water cooler gossip?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links