Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

If you get your neighbor's mail by mistake do you..... take it to their house, drop it in a mail box or throw
Find answers to your legal question.

If you get your neighbor's mail by mistake do you..... take it to their house, drop it in a mail box or throw

Champagne
If it looked interesting i'd open it.

Just being honest !

mistickle17
I take it to their house and hope they will do the same for me if they receive any of my mail.

rapunzel
Rating
take it to their house

Rolsy
Just post it through their letter box....

Mary Jo W
i walk over and give it to them

acoustic
Take it round their house of course, you'd expect the same in return wouldn't you?

schazjmd
If I know the neighbor, I just give it to them. If it's someone I don't know, I write "delivered to wrong address" on the envelope and put it in outgoing mail.

norma d
Take it to them.

Rommel
Rating
just take it over to them. as they do if they get mine.( i love!! your picture.)

cyanne2ak
Two options here:
I call the neighbor and let them know what happened and ask them if they'd like for me to deliver it to them. I then hand the mail DIRECTLY to them, if they request delivery. Otherwise,
I leave it in my mailbox & have the mail carrier correct the problem.

bertram baines
take it round!!

George S
Rating
I drop it in a mail box. If you get some often, I'd contact the post office and report it.

Martin14th
apart from throwing the mail away, which is illegal, I'd would do either of the others depending on who's mail it was

FLYY GIRL
I am not lazy !!! so i would walk over and hand it to them if they are not home put in their mailbox with sticky note!!! ( mailman/woman delivered to wrong house (: (just in case they pull up and see u looking inside thier mailbox ( : )

kit
Rating
Hand deliver it to them or leave it for the post man to take it with him and redeliver.

joan k
Depends which neighbour it is. I would usually give it to them, or put it back in the post box.

StephenWeinstein
The best, although officially illegal, solution is to put it in their mailbox yourself.

The officially correct solution is to hand it back to the mail carrier the next day.

Justaguy
Rating
Drop it in their mailbox, give it to them or return to sender. Anything else is criminal.

resignedtolife
Take it to my neighbours, of course. It is an offence to destroy mail if it doesn't belong to you.

starames
Rating
if it is junk ... throw it out if it is anything else walk it over there tell them of hte mistake.

tanika971
Rating
i put in in their letter box

DESPERATEDAN
Rating
If it's a speeding fine or summons, I drop it through their door when I know they are in, then linger and listen for the reaction. Anything else... give it back to the idiot postie who misdelivered it, when he's having a bad day!

kiposh
Rating
if u don't like ur neighbor, then drop it back in the mailbox with wrong address written on it. if u like them then hand deliver it. if it keeps happening then notify the post office.

funky munky is back
It's only their giro, I'll throw it in the bin.
Alright I'm only kidding, i'll post it in their door.

sully
Rating
I would take it to their house

BlackSheep
Rating
Just put it through their letter box, or if you are a bit concerned that they may think you've been nosing at their mail, shove it back in the post, it will just go to the sorting office again.

open4one
I put it back in my own mailbox with the flag up, having marked through the address if need be.

Lysine
If I know them well, I take it to them. If not, I take it back to the P.O.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would you kill people if it were legal? Do you kill people anyway? What kind of people?

Can you put a restraining order on your mother even if you are under 18?

Was she wright or wrong?
women goes into a pharmacy to get the morening after pill,but the women behind the counter refuses to sell her it,becaus of her religon....

Do you think we should raise the legal drinking age to 21?

What is stopping weed from being legal?
Yes I am a pothead, but I think we have learned a lot about drugs since we first started the war on drugs.
I want to be a functioning pothead and fix what needs to be changed so I can smoke ...

If you didn't want to be on a jury, how would you go about getting out of it?

Serious question-?
what would you do if someone torched your car on your drive and you knew who did it but the police cant act for lack of evidence??
Additional Details
wa did offer £1000 reward ,despite ...

My employer is imposing fines for ridiculous things, is this legal ?
Things such as not wearing uniform, not being at work at certain times on certain days, and not completing tasks in a specific manner.
Fines range from £5.00 to £80.00. This doesn't seem ...

Do you think it is stealing?
if you download a song off of the internet? Since I remember recording songs off of the Radio, and the record industry never sued any one for making mix tapes? now, Radio has changed to Internet, ...

Why have I suddenly started getting reported?
I have suddenly started receiving violation notices for things that are not even violations. I have never received a violation for over a year and suddenly: "violation, violation, violation"...

Do animals have rights or should we eat them?
we would like some vegetarian and animal rights related responses with cited articles to support your claims. ty :]...

My neighbour is dealing drugs people are calling at all hours, hes on the social and in council house?
he has new hifis and tvs delivered. what should i do?...

If you support the death penalty . . .?
how do you think that people should be executed?...

Why do Republicans say they're pro-life (against abortion), yet they also are in favor of the Death Penalty?
Doesn't this seem hypocritcal? On one end they oppose abortion on the premise that only God can create/destroy a life and then on the other end they state that is acceptable as a cilvilized ...

Do I pay? I gave my bf a serious illness, and he had to be hospitalized. Am I responsible for all of his bills

Additional Details
I accidentally gave him a staph infection that was misdiagnosed by my own doctor.
He does not have insurance and I have sent quite a bit of money to help with ...

What does "I plead the fifth" mean?
I am from Canada and i was wondering because i have heard it said on varius shows....

Is hunting for sport wrong? How could it not be wrong?
Someone who finds pleasure in shooting innocent creatures should really see a therapist....

Do you think that school systems should spend more money on teaching children to speak Spanish?
Recently, our local school system put a bill on the ballot to increase taxes for the sake of rehiring four teachers that were laid off. Although I voted against the raise, because they didn't ...

Should a school bus driver have been fired for flipping her middle finger at Bush?
SEATTLE - A school bus driver fired after she reportedly made an obscene gesture at President Bush has filed a union grievance in an attempt to get her job back.

The 43-year-old driver, ...

Why Is Marijuana A Big Deal?
It's a natural pain-killer! I've looked up many non-partisan medical journals that all state marijuana is not dangerous (except to the lungs, if you smoke it). It doesn't kill brain ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, September 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links