Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

If you have a warrant out for your arrest but you need to go to the hospital, will they take you to jail?
Find answers to your legal question.

If you have a warrant out for your arrest but you need to go to the hospital, will they take you to jail?

A friend of mine has this terrible rash all over her body and needs to seek medical attention as soon as possible but the thing is, she has a warrant out for her arrest and is afraid to go to the hospital because they might take her to jail rather than make her better. Can the people at the hospital find out if you have a warrant? I need answers soon please and thank you!

avgjoe
The only way that the police will find out if she is their is if one of them at the hospital recognize her. With her having a rash I highly doubt that they would even look in her direction.

I have known individuals who went to a municipal court that is in the same courthouse as the county and they had a warrant from the county and didn't get arrested.

I would take her to the hospital so she can get immediate attention as this could become worse

tonya p
She will absolutely NOT go to jail if the situation is as you stated. The only way she could get arrested is if an actual police officer was to check her status. Hospitals do not do this. Hospitals do not even do this if they suspect some sort of abuse or foul play in an incident. The hospital CAN notify the local police if they suspect something wrong, then the police can run a person's information. As long as your friend isn't taken to the hospital due to an injruy that will flag the police, she will be just fine.

JC
Rating
the people in the hospital will not check for warrants,but if the police know about her warrants they will wait till she is done and it all depends on what she is wanted for

Danny
no, Hospitals don't communicate personal patient information with police or any government agency.

brucec83
Take her to the hospital. It is not the hospitals job to check for warrants. The only way she might be arrested is if the FBI wants her for bank robbery or an orderly recognizes her from a wanted poster in the Post Office or she tells everyone in the waiting room about the warrant.

arus.geo
once admitted to the hospital, she will stay there until her care and health are taken cared of. AFTER that, they will take her to jail.

Hospitals are required to take in anyone who walks in the door, and care for them, even if they are to be arrested. its up to the attending doctor, as to when she can be released.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Sources of American law include all of the following except:?
A. the U.S. Constitution.
B. state constitutions.
C. statutes.
D. administrative regulations.
E. the charter of the United Nations....

If you smoke weed and get caught by the police, do you get a criminal record? (US only please)?

Additional Details
Texas...........

How can my Grandmother obtain citizenship here in the USA?
OK, so my 65 year old Grandma is from Turkey. She is unable to speak English, and seeing as she has a learning disability, it seems as though it's impossible for her to learn. She's been ...

How do Lawyers usually gather evidence? Help!?
I need some help finding how lawyers usually gather and find evidence and clues to their cases! Thanks! (:

**{Lindsay}...

Who was the youngest girl in US to get a life sentence?
A couple years ago I saw a lifetime movie about this girl; she may not be the youngest anymore. I think she was thirteen or fourteen at the time of the murders she committed. Her accomplice was her ...

Can a 16-year old male (almost 17) live with his Aunt if permission is given by parent and legal guardian?
My nephew has legal guardians (grandparents) but he doesn't want to live with them (long story). He doesn't like living with his mother and her boyfriend. His mother doesn't want to ...

Can i sue a school for bringing lice into my house?
this is how it is i live with my sister and brother in law and my niece they live above us (it's a duplex kinda thing) and my niece comes down regularly to visit, the thing is, she gets lice ...

Will i be sued for slander?
I made a myspace for my pe teacher and its sooooo funny i had a picture of him and everything but i want to know f i can get sued for ...

How are laws made in Afghanistan?
I need to know how laws are made in Afghanistan for a school report. Any help is much appreciated....

Does giving information on a book violate its copyright?
I am making a fun little website and decided to do a book review segment. In this segment I will give info such as author, tiitle, number of pages, genre, publishing house, date of publication and I ...

How should one debate Mary Jane?
So, the majority of my friends are excessive pot smoking hippies. I myself am neither. I smoke on rare occasion, but don't really like it. I find myself in the middle of legalizing marijuana ...

Dose any one have a 20 question quiz about illegal drugs?

Is it illegal in CA for cell phone companies to charge early contract termination fees?
Last June, an Alameda County Superior Court judge ruled that it was against CA law for cell phone companies to charge early contract termination charges. The ruling was preliminary and lawyers for S...

Can my boss do thiss?
he makes us work at least 5.5 hours and gives us no break and we are not allowed to eat. sometimes our shifts are as long as 8 hours. he says i pay u 7 dollars i expect you to work the entire 60 ...

Do Guns really = Freedom?
You're all saying "its our right" cuz it was in teh constitution. But get this... What IF it WASN'T in the constitution, what would happen then? the reason the ppl are having a ...

Help!Help!Help Question about drugs&driving?
Does DMV drug/achole test you in califorina when you go and get your permit?
And if so lets say if someone had done one or the other how long does it say in your system in order for someone to ...

How am i being charged for an oui if i blew a.07 on the breathlizer? i also got to keep my lisence!!?

Additional Details
i was stopped a sobriety checkpoint. admitted to having glass of wine mixed with fresca (i know lame) they were statecops pretty sure rookies on the field sobriety ...

*Ali Baba and 40 Theives - Charged with Theft Court *?
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves “ Ali Baba is charged for theft. The task is be to preparing a legal case. The roles is the Crown prosecutor.
For the prosecutor your briefs should include the ...

Illegal to leave a LOST flyer in a mailbox?
My 4 year old dog ran away, I am trying very hard to find her, I have been to every animal shelter, posted in news papers. My next step I want to do is go around my neighborhood and leave LOST flyers ...

Copyright laws for info on websites?
I was wondering, do sites like IMDb.com (the internet movie database) need any licensing or anything to put up all the information they have about each movie? I was wondering if there are any ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links