Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

If you post bond to get out of jail do you get that money back when you go to court?
Find answers to your legal question.

If you post bond to get out of jail do you get that money back when you go to court?

xanzibar
Rating
Not at that time. As long as you are allowed to be "out on bond" during the course of the trial, rather than held in jail, the bond will remain in effect. You will not be able to get your bond returned until the case is concluded and you're are found either guilty or not guilty.

Rating
YES. The money is to make sure you will show up to court.When your case is resolved, unless otherwise specified by the court ,you will recieve the money back minus 10% for court costs.

Kelle
If you are found innocent, you pick up your money at the clerk's wicket.

If you are found guilty and didn't breach the bond conditions, , you also get your money refunded.

Only time you don't get it , is when you breach .

Interesting point that people often don't know:

If let's say your girlfriend pays the bond, when it is refunded , it is refunded to the charged person. They are expected to pay the girlfriend etc back abut many a time they don't. People who cough up bail money, need to remember this.

Brian Tilson
Rating
It depends if you are found guilty they might use that money to go towards you fines.

Eric L
NOPE

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Im on relationship with two kids, no legally married I meet someone else
I have on a relationship for 5 years I have a 3 years old and a 8 months baby. from him. we no legally married, we never file taxes togheter but he claim my childrens. both kids have his last name ...

Can companies legally look at my Credit without my permission?
I received a letter from Allstate (not insured through them) at one of my old addresses (my parents'). In it, they claim that they're writing for one of 3 reasons: 1) determining rate for CURRENT?? ...

been talking to my sons after 9 years when i lost them
hi i was 15 when i had my twin boys. when they were 3 they were taken into fostercare. but i was told by s-workers i would have ma baby boys back. so i did everything they asked of me to do.(...

Job requires me to pay back stolen money or else I'm fired?
Hello, I'm a delivery driver for a bread company. On my route my car was broken into and all the cash from my vendors was stolen. I'm at fault because even though the doors were locked I did leave ...

Excellent Fiancee Visa Service for My Thai Fiancee by USA Immigration Law Thailand
Brian Wright’s USA Immigration Law Thailand service was really great for us when I was a several thousand miles away from my Thai Fiancee in Thailand and we needed our Fiancee Visa processed. Brian W...

need advice and answers to some questions
My ex-husband got back with his first wife from 15 years ago from high school. She is the reason for our marriage ending. Well he went back and forth in the beginning saying he is with her now but ...

INQUIRY
My passport was in my agency where i apply for a work abroad before for DH to Malaysia. They guarantor all my expenses with the trainings, medical and visa process. Before my visa came, I changed my ...

father demanding custody
i am 35weeks pregnant from a man i only knew a few weeks we tried to work things out at the start but then he got verbally violent towards my mother and i lost all contact with him untill 3weeks ago ...

Unaware of No Vehicle Insurance
I was driving my girlfriends car last summer, the police were doing speed checks so they pulled me over i was a little over the speed limit so they told me off and sent me on my way, obviously the ...

Unaware of No Vehicle Insurance
I was driving my girlfriends car last summer, the police were doing speed checks so they pulled me over i was a little over the speed limit so they told me off and sent me on my way, obviously the ...

Can a manager force me to clock out and then wait 20+ minutes to be llet out of the building?
My manager asks employees to clock out at 10PM every night, then he proceeds to do various things for 20+ minutes (she writes emails, uses the bathroom...etc). The door is locked ( the store closes ...

Domestic Assault Mistake
My spouse and I were both very intoxicated and were involved in a domestic violence incident. He was arrested and charged. I don't clearly remember what happened, however I remember verbally ...

Shoplifting?
Yesterday i was lost in a new neigbourhood, not having my cellphone or any money with me i was forced to walk home. I got dehydrated along the way and went into a gas station shop where the attendant ...

Considered a voluntary quit
was working for a big company until recently. I was accused of leaving without authorization which was considered a voluntary quit. the night of the incident i was being harrassed once again by a ...

Employer threatened to fire me for refusing to work BOTH christmas and new years...
Basically, at a staff meeting in mid november last year (in a restaurant/bar) before our rosters for the holidays were done, i told my boss i have no problem working one or the other, but not both. T...

real estate
boyfriends uncle owns building that ive been keeping outta forclosure past 2 months ...he has become very ill w colon cancer...want to get building in my nam need to do in a hurry b/c his relatives ...

Reading Private email on non-work server
my gf found out that her private, non-work email was being forwarded to her boss and the IT guy. It appears they went into her non-work email, and changed her settings to forward anything sent to ...

Aspergers Student Arrested Police Chief lies to get conviction
We have a video of what occured prior to my 17 yr. old sons arrest. School staff falsified statements and the police chief lied at the hearing in an attempt to get a conviction. The judge has ...

how to tansfer child support from NY to FL?
Hello, A child support order was established against me (father) in NY, where i currently reside. My 2 kids (12 yo & 18 yo) who reside in osceola county, FL for the past 6 years. I would like ...

Office manager let herself into my house!
I work 8:30-5 M-F. I called my office manager Monday night and told her I developed food poisoning and would probably not be in on Tuesday. I called Tuesday afternoon to update her on the situation: ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links