Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Is is unacceptable to take my child to court with me?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is is unacceptable to take my child to court with me?

My son is in kindergarden and he is out of school tomorrow and I can't find a babysitter. The charge was for DWI, no I wasn't drinking. I was taking an unfamilar prescription medication.

Mr.Samsa
Rating
You can take your child to court with you. There is usually a separate area with seating for people to wait until their case is called. It would probably be best for you to bring someone else along to watch your son while your case is heard.

sliceoffriedgold
Rating
No, it will influence the jury, maybe even agenst you, if they see your kid and imagine you driving with him under that prescription medication.

quizzard123
If the child is capable of being alone and quiet while in his seat, he should be fine.

Greg P
Rating
No, as long as he's able to control himself. The only issue would be if he had to go to the bathroom during the trial.

Ryan c
do, it. who cares. he won't remember. Why wast money on a babysitter

Nighthawk04890
yes

shespeaks!
If there's no other acceptable place to leave him and you're not taking the unfamiliar medication, I don't see why he can't go along with you. Having to stay quiet and still for traffic court might make him unusually cranky. Maybe you can find time to take him to the park before hand to let him get his energy out. Good Luck! :-)

ravenpoe787
Rating
I don't think you are supposed to take a child to court with you. But what do they care, they still get you for jury duty if you dont have a babysitter and dont even pay you for that first day so you lose a day of work, pay for a sitter and get nothing but a few measly cents for millage ONE WAY. (at least here in LA)

I hope you find someone to watch him....if not take him and good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

The president of the society went for official meeting. can he claim travelling allowance?
society ...

In the UK is it illegal to use pepper spray as self defence on an intruder in your own home or property?
In the UK is it illegal to use pepper spray as self defence on an intruder in your own home or property?
Additional Details
Just to clarify, the pepper spray would not be taken outside ...

Can a sealed court record be found on someone?
I am trying to find an old record on someone that is no longer there. I think it has been expunged or something. Is there any way to find old records that have been expunged?...

Do Rent-A-Center customers know when the price listed on the contract exceeds what the law allows?
Rac cannot charge you whatever they want. Every state is different but here's an example for Californians:
The cash price (which is the price you can purchase the item from the store for) ...

What can I do if my lawyer refuses to return my calls?
She is still on retain after my divorce but fails to return any of my calls. How do I request to remove her?...

I need songs to torture my neighbor?
I heard of music used to torture people in prison and the like, I have an annoying neighbor who won't shut his ******* music off! I need something to counterract this. I need the names of some ...

Legal question about a motorcycle/property?
Im in Texas. I recently was offered and given a non operational motorcycle from a tenant (personally owned the bike) who was evicted due to back rent. I didnt know his situation at the time and the ...

Will homeowners insurance pay for negligence?
I was riding my bike down the street and my neighbors dog chased me into the curb and I wiped out breaking my collar bone. I was going to ask that they pay my medical bills but can I get pain and ...

Did HR 669 pass today?

What do you think about the death penalty?
Should it be legalized in all states?...

Is it true that Liberals are against the death penalty for murderers, but they are all for killing babies?
What's up with that?...

How can the horifick act that took place in craigs list be avoided?
search management!...

Whats the legal speed if no signs are posted?
My friend lives on a country road in Kansas and there are no speed limit signs on his road - none at all - he was pulled over for speeding and he got a ticket. He wants to know if he can fight this ...

If i got caught with a works bomb....?
OK heres the story, me and my friend went down to our community pond where there is a whole bunch of houses facing it. We think "what a great place to blow somethin up" lol so we go make a ...

Is it legal to buy Marijuana seeds online in the USA (washington State)?
there is a ton of sites i can order seeds from here one
www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com
i just dont know if it will actually work HELP?
Additional Details
um it says one that ...

Why do people blame craigslist for murder since it was the murderer`s fault?
.......just like guns. They blame guns for crime when it`s the criminals fault. If criminals were controlled better and not let go in and out of prison and they have tougher sentences, people would ...

I drive a bus with an aide on it. My employer wants me to take her paycheck to her. Is this illegal?

QUESTION regarding selling my father's property in delhi..?
my father died one year ago leaving behind 3 sons and 2 daughters..I am the eldest daughter and my mother is also deceased... he made a will (which is not registered in court). in his will he asked ...

If a cellular phone conversation is intercepted, the lawyer-client privilege is a. authomatically lost,because?
a third pary was "present" during the conversation
b. at, rist, if the lawyer or paralegal didn't check to see if anyone could overhear the conversation.
c. waived, if the ...

Ive made a mistake,, i need to speak w someone who i have a restraining order against,, wat can i do?
i regret getting this restraining order.. everything happend so fast, i am so distraut from it bc ths person meant a lot to me.. nd i feel i need to speak w thm one last time for closure,, wat can i ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, September 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links