Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Is it illegal to walk in the road?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it illegal to walk in the road?

is it illegal to walk in the middle of the road in Dane County, Wisconsin?

Ghayel Sher
yes

woodrose
yes you will get a ticket for like 200

Ally
Rating
ROTFLMAO

don't try it. u'll be dead b4 they arrest u!

Noone i
Rating
The only way you will find out is ask the police or sheriff there. We dont know, but I can imagine they could ticket you for doing it and not moving if a vehicle comes.

BOOM
Yes.
They'll take you to jail for it.

lucy
Rating
yes. i can't understand why you would anyways.

signsden
yes - and plain unsafe too

kleighs mommy
yes its jay walking unless theres no sidewalk. if there is no sidewalk walk going against traffic as far from the road edge as possible

Ali
yes because you can do harm to yourself/other vehicles, if you were walking on the side of the road it would be different, anyways, what would posses you to walk in the middle of the road

SheFeltMe
Rating
I think it comes down to common sense. There is probably a law saying you cannot do this but no one in there right mind is going to charge you if you are walking down the middle of an empty road. If you are walking down the middle of a busy road with moving traffic, it is probably illegal but above that, it isn't good sense.

J-walking is just a common sense law. It is just there to give cars the right of way and police the option penalize someone doing something stupid. If you can J-walk safely and sensibly, you might be breaking the law but no one will care.

bonkie
im no physicist, but i think it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to walk IN the road, which i dont think is illegal, however walking ON the road youll likely be ticketed. get a bike like everyone else does in madison

Beyounce
Rating
It's illegal to walk in the middle of most roads in America?

A lady was arrested the other day, walking down the middle of the
road butt nakey, with her little girl on her shoulders
and they cited her just for jay walking..........
but was sent to the loony bin.

XENON BLACK
Rating
Yes, obstruction of traffic, whether there is traffic on the road or not....

tincoatr
Rating
I don't know specifically in Dane County but it would probably be covered under the jaywalking laws that are designed to prevent pedestrian - vehicle accidents.

dyyylllaannn
Rating
Depends on what kind of road, and for how long. If you're just trying to cross the street or it's a rural road, you'll be fine, but if it's like a county road, you can get cited.

Me and my friends skateboard everywhere in the summer, usually in the middle of the road. We only get pulled over by the cops like 5-7 times per summer.

VVVV
YESSSSSSS!
ugh. u should KNOW THAT!

j l
Rating
just tell em you forgot to take your meds this mornin !

DJ.
Rating
In parts of America it is. It is in Wisconsin. If you get caught your in for it. Over here in London or in the UK in fact, thats very much legal. The police don't do **** over here anyways!

Cheaper2Cent
I would not say so much to illegal but that is plain stupid to walk in the road (i mean road for cars). you dont have to think twice about that.

italienne
Rating
Uhm, yes.

Jeff P
Rating
Walking in the MIDDLE of the road is illegal anywhere not to mention dangerous to yourself and motorist. Which is why it's illegal. If there is no sidewalk or if it has not been cleared of snow, ice or is otherwise hazardous you can walk on the SIDE of the road as close to the edge as possible. Remember to always walk against traffic, and ride with traffic.

hnmapara
Rating
Walking in middle of road is always illegal everywhere.
Roads are meant to be for vehicles only.

LifeIsPeachy
Rating
yes its called jay (sp?) walking.... you gotta walk in a cross walk

~FUZZ~
YES!!

THATS Y PEOPLE CREATED SIDE WALKS!~

ITS COMMON SENSE MAN!~

~FUZZ~

dapone119
Yes it is called J walking.

CrAzY J (wwe fan)(tna sucks)(T)
no!!! i do it all the time

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

For Pro-Lifers: Is it possible to believe life begins at conception AND allow raped women to terminate?
I have never been able to understand how these two positions can be recognciled. And if they can't, how can those who believe the fetus is a person support terminating pregnancies that come ...

Is weed legal in Canada?

Whitch cost more the death penalty or life without parole?

Assisted Suicide how do you feel?
and this is of my paper so if can just put PRO or CON...

Why should we support gay marriage?
my friend and i are doing a debate for school and we are pro gay marriage. the group we are going against are super good and we need to beat them!!!! please help and give us some reasons!!...

I am 19 my husband is 21,if we go out to bars can i drink even though I'm underage, but we are legally married
I'm not too sure about the legal system here in Texas, and I don't know where to check for this question, can someone please let me know if they know anything about me being able to drink ...

Do you think that prayer should be in the schools?

Can I sue my professor if I can prove she's trying to fail me?!?

Additional Details
To elaborate, my professor GAVE me a 69 on our midterm (which she first stated, "I deserved"), which she later "realized" after I had to hunt her ...

Why won't my husband take me to the strip club with him and his friends?
I want to go too!...

Is murder ever justified?

Additional Details
Morally. That's what I'm asking, is it EVER justifiable, Hitler, Stalin, Cristiano Ronaldo...anyone?...

Should members of Congress have term limts?
why or why not?...

I'm looking to have my local hospice closed down because they generate a lot of noise, where do I start?
Should I complain to the council? I've asked the hospice staff to stop the loud music and frivolity and they accused ME of having no community spirit, I'm outraged....

What becomes legal when you turn 16?

Additional Details
i live in the UK...

Can US citizens be charged with breaking US laws when they are in foreign countries?
if the laws in those foreign countries are different, so that the US citizen is violating no laws in the foreign country, only those of the US?...

Proof that capital punishment doesn't deter crime?
For my essay I need something to show that capital punishment doesn't deter crime. ;) Any help is greatly appreciated....

NO REFUNDS?, store credit only, is this legal?
Ok i brought a dvd from HMV but I didn't realise i already had one. So i asked for a refund, they refused and gave me money on a card.

Surely this is illegal?
Additional Details<...

Does anyone agree with me that we should burn china and free tibet?

Additional Details
i mean the people not the physical land and ...

How could someone be against gay marriage?
I don't understand the counter-arguement....

Do you believe a convicted pedophile can be rehabilitated?

Additional Details
OMG Dustyseedling!!! Liking children is NOT a matter of personal attraction! It is a sickness!!!...

Should cannabis be legalised?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links