Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Is it legal to have a fire pit in your yard.?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it legal to have a fire pit in your yard.?

I live in Washington.

Coco
It depends. I know in certain areas, certain towns and villages prohibit fire pits in the yard, even though the city may permit it.

call your local town or fire dept. to find out the specifics.

versantly
your city & county codes will vary from every other city & county. contact the departments and ask.

Snake Guru
Yes and No. You want to call your local police station or fire dept. and ask the fire marshall and ask permission first. They will be the ones to let you know if you can or not. Good luck with everything!

Linz1000
Rating
I too live in Washington. In our town it is illegal to have a fire pit that is not above ground, however fires in the county are allowed, but bonfires must have a permit, it is best to contact your local fire department or police and ask them the regulations for your area.

Zulzoptu
Not sure, I can in Alabama :P

Star♥
Rating
I live in Massachusetts, here it's not illegal. In factt, many people have one because we get a lot of pine needles and leaves,ETCt.
Here you need to get a licience from the fire department in order to use it. & plus we need to call every time we do use it.
It's very strict.
But they best way to find out is to call your local fire Dept.

nikki p
i would think so, its contained

roninryu8
Rating
I'd imagine so.

Cheryl Millard
Rating
Yes you are allowed to have a fire pit in your yard and you can use it providing there is not a burn ban in place. Your local fire department will be able to tell you if there is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Cop illegaly searched me and found weed should i be worried?
here the story i was on my way home one day i hadnt smoked enything and a cop pulled me over for a loud exhaust
befor i could say enything he asked me to get out of the car (note at this point ...

Which organisation do I report illegal business practises to?
I recently left a job in a large company because they illegally made all employees work for 8-10 hours without so much as a 5 minute break. All employees are entitled to a 15 minute break every 4 ...

Do you want to make a difference? Sign the petition for the The Gurkha Justice Campaign?
http://www.gurkhajustice...

Breach of building contract?
Hi i am i builder in the uk who untill yesterday was working on a large building project, The customer came on site yesterday and pulled the plug on the job due to he`s had enough (no other reason) ...

What is waterboarding?

And you thought Y/A had strict rules?
Take a look at all the things you're not allowed to do on this Muslim site.
http://forums.islamicawa
Particularly interesting:

A.G...

If i buy two diff. personel accident policies from diff. companies & if i die by accident,?
am i eligible to get death benifit from both of them?...

How do you convince a teacher to write about child abuse?
My teacher thinks that child abuse is not a good topic to write a paper about human rights because she says that everyone is against it but the thing is that they are still doing that even though it ...

Is it illegal to distill your own alcohol for personal use?

Additional Details
i knew a GUY WHO USED TO DISTILL apricot wine home made it was lethal sort of clear sticky liquid , blew your head ...

What allowed the Madoff scandal to happen?
Why couldnt the madoff or any other ponzi scheme be prevented? What allowed these ponzi schemers like madoff to do things like that?...

Can 1099 worker collect unemployment benefits?
5 mos. ago, I was hired as an accounts payable but my employer hired me under 1099 as an outside help. I was treated as a full time employee, paid hourly, getting overtime benefits. Today, I was told ...

Is runing from security guards againts the law?
is ruining form a rent a cop aka security guard againts the law can you go too jail for it? like for them catching u skate boarding at a parking lot or ...

Assisted suicide euthanasia before it became legalized in Oregon?
Im working on an essay about assisted suicide before it became legalized in Oregon i cant seem to find any resources can anybody help !!!! any serious answers is appreciated....

Mail boxes & federal offenses...?
I know it's a federal offense to tamper with a mail box of any sort, but my question is.. Is it tampering if we in some way alter the overall visual of the mailbox but do not place a finger on ...

I want to know what rights i have on a school bus?
the high schooler and elementary schoolers do what ever... the middle school however cant... we always get yelled at... no matter wat... i mean the high schoolers even STRIP and dnt get in trubl... i ...

Does the constitution guarantee universal health care?
I'm doing a debate over universal health care, and i was wondering if it would be against the constitution if USA does NOT provide universal health care...???...

Can you get a mi builders license with a felony conviction?

Your oppinion on death penalty.?
I need a poll for a speech. Here are your choices. Please don't write anything else.
1. I believe more use of the death penalty would decrease crime
2. I believe the death penalty is ...

How long does it take to create legal documents?
by legal documents, i mean the documents that you need to fill out to state if u want to be cremated, organs donated, etc.
(interms of weeks/days)
and how much would it cost to hire the ...

Does it cost money to place a restraining order on someone, if yes how much?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links