Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Is it legal to open other people's mailbox to put in some advertising material from my company???
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it legal to open other people's mailbox to put in some advertising material from my company???

I've being thinking on doing some advertising on my neighborhood for my company. and i'm not very sure of if I can do this........the main objective is to put in a flyer on the mailboxes. Is it possible???

Nancy Kay
Rating
You may not deposit advertising materials in someone's private mailbox. It is for official use of the US Postal Service only and it is a federal crime for anyone else to deliver anything into it.

I Care, So I Share....
Rating
No u may not go into anyones mailbox. The postman will remove the flyers, and send u a warning.

Rubba Bubba
Its Illegal to Open Someone elses mailbox at all... Its illegal to advertise posters in mailboxes. It need to go to the post office, but you have to stamp them all...Why not put all the Posters all around town. so everyone can see them, it will save paper and money on stamps. That is if you dont wanna buy stamps.

lonewolf1
On a legal level, it is illegal for anyone other than a Postal Service employee to place anything inside a person's mailbox. Of course the owner can place and remove items, but other than that, it has to be a Postal Employee. But they have to catch you first, or someone has to make a complaint.

Jackie
Well it's illegal, the right way to do it would be to mail it. Anyway, good luck with your company! :-)

Yes it is illegal. Think about putting yur material in a paper holder if they have one.

Conscious-X
Rating
It's illegal. Mail it to them through the Post Office, then you'll be O.K.

Amberlyn4
Rating
NO its not. It is highly illegal to use the post office mail box for anything except official mail. It is a Federal offense that they will prosecute for. You can put things on it or under it or i suppose tape something toit as long as you dont open it.

Yeyocom
Rating
Why not just drop it right to their doors?, that would not be illegal.

mailrick12
Rating
Don't - it is illegal. Federal offense.

TheOnlyBeldin
Rating
No, it's not.

jesims76
It is a federal offense to open another person's mail box and place something inside. Though you might not get prosecuted it's not worth the risk. consider affixing your flyer to the neighbors' front doors instead.

mht456
Yes, it is illegal, however you may "hang a flyer" onto the red flag that is usually attached to box, or put your info into their newspaper box if they have one. Good luck

kingstubborn
Possible but very wrong.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What are the disadvantages of the death penalty?

Is it legal for a husband and wife to work at a business where one is the other's boss?

Additional Details
This is a federal/non profit organization that I work for whose wife currently works there and her husband is going to be director, her and everyone else's boss. ...

If someone steals your gun from your home and commits a crime can you go to jail for that crime?

Why does the death penalty cost more than life in prison?
i'm not asking which one you think is morally right; i'm just wondering why the death penalty costs more. it seems like life in prison would cost more because the prisoner needs to be paid ...

Support Miss California?
This is easy. All you have to do is stay yes and give your reasons for why you support Miss California. Let's show her some love people....

Do you think that people that get state assistance(money and rent) should be made to do work?
like charity work, if they are able bodied and have no real disabilities! they can do things like help the aged , clean up the environment and things like that and should they be drink and drug ...

I have a gun that was givin to me by my father in law when he passed away what do i need to do to?

Can I sell property that was left only to me by my mom in her will if my siblings are living on the property?
This is a bit complicated. About 25 years ago my dad purchased some acreage after legally separating from my mom. He passed away before the divorce went through but left a hand written will signed by ...

Do you think they should BAN bullying?
Do you think kids should go to jail for bullying, even if they just say "YOU ARE TOO F*****G STUPID, YOU B***H!"?...

Caught stealing from WalMart...?
i was caught walking out of walmart with a 3 dollar item and taken to a security room near customer service. they took my license and copied down some information. i was told i could come back in ...

Why is it Illegal to open somebody else's post?
Only I've never understood why???...

I am the only one in the world that thinks if weed was legalized it would greatly improve the economy?

Is it illegal for a school administrator to give a gay couple detention?
At my high school one of our assistant principles keeps giving this gay couple Saturday detentions for things just like holding hands or hugging not even kissing. Now the way I understand it this is ...

Can an 18 year old in high school legally...?
own their own place of residence? 18 is the legal age, but if they are still in high school, would it be illegal?...

Why is gay marriage not legal?
isnt it illegal to involve religion into politics? and why would religious groups be involved in ...

What kind of trouble can a person be in if they break 2 small glass windows on a vaccant house in texas?
I am 19 and I've never done anything wrong before I just decided to be stupid and broke some windows(2, very small like letter paper size) on a house, I regret it and am wondering what kind of ...

My boyfriend got charged with tampering with/ fabricating evidene.. how much time can he face?
He has a record.. but hes a clean guy now.. he just got charged with tampering/ fabricating with evidence. I dont know how much jail time he can do.. if any. his bong is at 15,000. can anyone give me ...

An 85 year old woman has been living in the same apartment for 40 years and her hands shake like crazy.......?
She lives in a building under the rent stabilized law. She requested a dishwasher last year because she was having trouble standing for long periods of time as well as hold the dishes. First the ...

Marijuana legalization?
i know its a silly question but there are so many different points of view and facts and opinions and what not etc. why is Marijuana ...

I was involved in an alcohol sting..the girl came through my line and i asked for her date of birth..i don't ?
know why i thought she would tell the truth..and i could tell something wasn't right the way she was looking..anyway was she suppose to lie about her age ..i got fired and received a ticket none ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links