Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Is it possible to put my house deeds in another name?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it possible to put my house deeds in another name?

Id like to put the deeds of my house in the name of my niece (incase i should die then shes got it without tax hassles), but if i do put it in another name and in a few years decide to move, how can i sell it if im not named??

$andman
a deed of trust can place the home immediately in someone elses name upon the instant of your death,but you can retain all rights to occupancy and proceeds from sale while alive.

laughter_every_day
If you do what you suggest, it will be her house and she can sell it out from under you but you cannot sell it at all. Consult an attorney or tax accountant as you may be totally wrong about taxes. When one inherits property, the tax base of the property is the value of the property at the time of your death. When she goes to sell it, her gain will be only the gain between the time of your death and time of the sale. If you sell it to her now, or even sell an interest (retaining a life estate) she will not get that benefit.

Snakeman !
The simple answer is - DON'T !

Once the deeds are transferred to your niece - SHE has sole control of the property ! SHE could sell the property without YOUR consent and do whatever she wished with the proceeds !

RALPH HINRIK
Rating
I put a house in my wife's name and one in my daughter's name. When I sold my wife's house that went OK but my daughter refused to allow me to sell hers. 15 years later it is still unsold.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the legal age to stay home alone in California?

When does the copyright on the dollar bill expire?
When does the copyright on the dollar bill expire?...

Where is my stimulus check?
okay so I'm a pretty ignorant 20 year old when it comes to stuff like checks from the government, so I want to find out if my stimulus came or is still out there for me to grab. I've heard ...

If you take someone to small claims court with a legitimate case?
and lose, can the oppossing party counter sue for attorneys fees if they decide to bring an attorney?...

Shoplifted... And alarms went off!! HELP!?
So i went to a local pharmacy today...looking for advil. I saw some mascara that i wanted, money is tight, so i stole it. And i walked out...the alarms went off! But i kept walking and no one even ...

Is it illegal to pick the state flower?
I live in Florida, and am just wondering....

What would make you decide someone is not guilty?
Ok so long story short this my fiances baby momma has a long history of being a straight b****. She had made it known to him in the past that unless he is with her he will never be part of his sons ...

How do I find out about child support laws in MN?
My daughters father had stopped paying child support for 1 yr then when they had taken his license away he started paying it for about 3 months. Well since January I haven't received a dime and ...

Abortion clinic bomb exploded In Jackson Ms. Did you hear?
Police blew up a suspicious bag at the Jackson Mississippi abortion clinic yesterday. They shut down all the street's, which ain't many, to blow up the package, JPD Bomb squad. Seems a ...

2009 Stimulus Check-California?
Hi, I just filed the 2008 tax return with my husband. We already rec'd our refund checks from the State and Federal. However, I heard they won't send out the stimulus check this year, ...

Motion For Relief From Stay?
What does this mean when an attorney files this on behalf of a debtor? It is for a mobile home that should be pd outside of our Chapter 13 Bankruptcy P...

California Labor Law....... I would like to know if it is illegal to have employees who worked 40 hours M-F?
full time and 2 Saturday shifts a month, have their hours changed to M-F 8-4pm and also still come in on Saturday and complete the 40 hours. All of this has been done with out any of the employees ...

Is drinking and driving illegal?
Not alcohol. Just like drinking Pepsi while your driving....

What are the regulations for wind farms in other countries?
science stuff:(...

Applying for replacement Social Security card but dont know names of father and mother..?
I'm 22, so I'm over 18, was born in kenya, not the USA, so I do not have a birth certificate in any vital records office in the USA. I have been a permanent resident since 2004. I lost my ...

I got bank frauded, and they want me to pay it back, what can I do?
This happend I believe on (tuesday) January 12 or 13th, I was at a party at Rutgers University with a couple friends, and at some point through the night I believe that I lost my debit car. I had ...

Is it legal to buy an m4 carbine in texas ?
is it legal to buy/purches/own an m4 in texas ? if so how ?...

How long can you be held in contempt?
How long can you be held in contempt out of court? (ex. "Liar Liar" Jim Carey's character outbursts in court)....

What's everyone think about The TopFree Equal Rights Association?
After having read their website at http://www.tera.ca/ I am just curious to know what everyone's opinion is on this. How do you feel about it?...

What can I do about a reluctant executor?
I am joint executor of my late sisters estate but the other executor has decided that she no longer wants to act. Is it easy for her to just resign? we already have probate.
Additional Details<...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links