Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

My grandmother -in law is turning 100. How can I get a letter from the President sent to her ?
Find answers to your legal question.

My grandmother -in law is turning 100. How can I get a letter from the President sent to her ?

I have heard of the President sending letters to people turning 100.Does anyone know how to go about recieving such a letter?

Earth: The Connected Home
Yes, the White House is set up to do what you are looking for.

Log onto www.whitehouse.gov and follow the links.

Bill
A lot of people don't know about this program, but individuals celebrating their 80th birthday or later are eligible for a Presidential birthday card.

Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the birthday.

Other Presidential recognitions are:

Baby's birth cards (within a year of the birth)
Wedding cards (after the wedding takes place)
Anniversary cards (50th anniversary or greater)

Here is the link: https://app1.whitehouse.gov/greetings/home

Surprise your family and friends who qualify. Don't tell them how you arrange it, and you'll look like you have serious pull!

Amanda Overmeyer-Janis of today!
Why would you torture a poor woman like that? Ask some grrovy person to write a letter.

Dart Swinger
Do you think Bush take his finger out of his nose long enough to sign his name?

Racist Answer Man
Rating
Contact the White House and they can point you in the right directions. Try whitehouse.gov. DO NOT try whitehouse.com, unless it's changed over the years.

D and G Gifts Etc
Rating
The best way to have a request handled in a timely manner is to fax it to (202) 395-1232, said Taylor Gross of the White House.
Willard Scott's office (212-664-3924). He is the guy on the news.

To receive a greeting from President George W. Bush, send your request to the White House Greetings Office, Room 39, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, DC 20502. Fax 202-456-2461. Or go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/greeting/

Include the full name(s), address and title (Miss, Mrs., Ms., Mr.) of the recipient, plus the date and event being celebrated. Also, include your full name and phone number in case there are any questions.

Here are the addresses to request greetings from past presidents:
Bill Clinton, 55 W. 125th Street, New York NY 10027
George Bush, P.O. Box 79798, Houston, TX 77279
Jimmy Carter, Carter Center, 1 Copenhill, 453 Freedom Pkwy. Atlanta, GA 30307

Send all the information to Willard Scott, Today, NBC News, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Room 352, New York, NY 10112. Although Scott has retired, he still returns to wish centenarians a happy birthday.

Cathy
I know Willard Scot on The Today (NBC) shows or tells about the people turning 100. You can submit a picture. I would check on their website.

choiboy
you don't want bush to write a letter, you might as well just ask a 3rd grader to do it

busymomkaren
Rating
go to the official White House website. There is a link on there to follow. It gives you all the info you need. Oh, and Congrats to grandma. That's awesome!

that_boy_aint_right
you actually think bush is literate

T Rick
From Bush? Are you kidding me? He actually does do something?

Helen Scott
Rating
I haven't heard about that specifically, but normally if you write a letter to the White House, you get a reply. You could just write and ask him to send her one. It does take a while, though.

forlorne_hope
Rating
contact your local government official or office they well help.

C
Rating
go to white hse.com or look under President Bush? There is a standard request form that you can fill out for a birthday wishes from the president and they would send it directly to the great grandmother. My mother was so excited when she rec' the card from the President. Have fun!

ananamas
I think if you write to the public relations dept at the White House, they would do it.

Also, you might want to contact her Congressperson and Senators, they will probably be glad to write a letter too, and would be more likely to respond. If you ask far enough ahead of time they might even be able to get a flag flown over the Capitol for her and sent to her.

roy_glen2003
Send an e-mail to: www.whitehouse.net. Tell the President what you want.

ranran05blazers
Just try writing Him, you never know, he may return it. I have gotten Governors to write me back, but I have not tried a President yet.

Gods Speed

mitch24
Rating
she will automatically get a letter from the quenn a few weeks after her birthday my neighbour got it

Heather
That would be awesome!! I can't wait to hear how you go about that!! Happy Birthday Grandma:-)

ImWearingAHelmet
magic

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Capital Punishment?agree or disagree?

Is it right to give a guy a DUI for driving a lawn mover drunk?
Someone was ticketed (DUI) and fined for that! Also,got His lawn mower taken away!...

If someone tells you that their husband committed a murder & you don't report it to the authorities, are you
breaking a law? Isn't it called witholding evidence? Failure to report a crime?

What is the legal term for this act?...

If a peadophile moved into your street?
would you harass them till they moved out? and would this action be justified?...

Can I be sued or taken to court for $20?
I sold a gift card on craigslist and the woman I sent the card to sent me a check for $20. She is now threatening to "take action" because she claims to have not received it. The card was ...

Why do people place plastic bags over broken parking meaters?

Will i loose my job?
I had an argument with a girl at work and she grabed me by the arm and i swore at her on the shop floor it later progresed through the back of the shop into a fight but she went for me first it was ...

IRS- Is there any law on the books requiring me to pay personel income taxes?
and if so direct me to it I realy want to put this to rest......

Wot is the truth behind the smoking ban?
i've heard so many conflicting claims about this & its really annoying me..has there been any official decision made about how far this ban will go? ive heard that it will b everywhere ...

What is it now legal for me to do, now that I'm 16?
NO MEAN COMMENTS
Additional Details
I'M IN THE UK...

Does raping a child warrant the death penalty?
The court just rejected this proposal. Your thoughts?...

Should the hijab headscarf be allowed in Law courts?
i thought a law court is where one faced their acussers and and that wearing a hijab by juror, wittness or defendent would not be allowed. today a juror is found to be listerning to a mp3 player ...

Should George Bush Stand Trial for Crimes Against Humanity?

Can i **LEGALLY DO THIS ?**?
well im goin 2 mexico city pretty soon and i want to bring like 4 small turtles to the us ........ can i do this legally at all ?...

Marijuana!?
Why is marijuana considered dangerous?

Despite popular belief it does NOT kill brain cells. It only weakens the dendrites in the brain, which grow back in a few weeks anyway. This myth was ...

My husband has been hand supeoned for a domestic batterey charge against me before we were married?
he does nopt want to testify against me now bieng his wife, what would happen if he did not show up for court? they have only 10 days left to try the case. what would the conserquence be for him by ...

Do i have to pay income tax?
there is no law saying i do, cant i just go into court defend myself, and say thats there is no law, so i dont have to pay, i would have an unbeatable case..wouldnt I?...

My hubby is being harrassed by a german stockholding/shareholders company by phone?
he's spent days telling them no but they keep ringing us, then going on for ages about how great the shares are, then when he says no they start with 'have i just been wasting my time' ...

About Weed Being illegal!!!!!Who agrees??
I think it should not be illegal anywhere. ITS A FRICKIN PLANT!!!!! It is something of nature so if you get caught with it you get into trouble for having a PLANT with you. What if someone threw some ...

If you think abortion is murder, would you retrospectively prosecute women if the law changed?
If abortion was made illegal, would you start prosecuting the women who'd had abortions? Of course, there is usually a presumption against retrospectively prosecuting people when a law is ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links