Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

My landlord is stealing my mail and preventing me from getting court documents and money, what do i do?
Find answers to your legal question.

My landlord is stealing my mail and preventing me from getting court documents and money, what do i do?

I have been living in a house under a rental scam for approx 8 months now... Finally after getting enough evidence that i was in a rental scam I stopped paying the false landlord and started paying the bank who really owned the house. He has already tried (and failed) to evict me once.He has already broken the law by staying in the room above me (according to my house-mates) to "Spy" on me.

But my MAIN concern is I have had money sent to me via mail from my parents and from my girlfriend and I am missing court documents that they tell me they sent out, Both of which i definitely should have received by now. (My girlfriend mailed me 40$ on Tuesday it is now Saturday, and it didn't come in today's mail... AND she lives in the same city.) I want to know what It is i can do? If anyone has any suggestions or advice? I already put in a "complaint" with the USPS. But whether it will do any good i do not know.

Now my girlfriend doesn't have a lot of money and sending 40$ is a big deal, and i REALLY needed the money. So we are both incredibly angry.

I read somewhere it is a federal offense to steal mail, but i don't know how i can go about proving it or getting him arrested'/pressing charges.

(Our mail is in a mailbox at the end of the street, i have a key, but our landlord gave us that key, and who knows how many copies he made.)

- All help is appreciated - Thanks!

RaWen
Rating
I would get a PO box.

Roger M
Rating
MOVE and stop playing games.

intrepid hero
Rating
well if you, your room mates and your land lord have a key to the box and you know its not your roommates call the police on him also if you can steak out the mailbox and put a letter adressed to you in there and when after he comes and checks the mail go and see if the letter is there and if its gone call the police but have video of you putting the lettin the box and of your land lord checking the mail and when you go to check the mail after him, or you can get you a po box but that can be expensive.

Ed F
Get a post office box at the Post Office or mail center rather then get home delivery. Since you have provided no evidence that the landlord stole your mail, you have no case against him.

Locke
Rating
1. Report him
2. change lock
3.move
4. confront him

Agrippa the Roman
Rating
By now I would have been stomping that mofo into the dirt.

go get a postal box.

bigboss42695
You can either Kick Him out, Either verbally or physically.
Call the police.
Beat the crap out of him.
Or Sue him.
Good Luck and God Speed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What happened to Erv Dauphin, who worked undercover for federal investigators in Minneapolis in 1980's?
Ticket fixing for friends?...

Is there a way to be a judge first without becoming a lawyer in malaysia or singapore ?
my ambition is to become a judge....then i found out that i'll have to be lawyer first..however i'm still thinking whether the is way to be a judge or a magistret ...

Some help on finding the right lawyer for certain topics?
I would like to ask some questions on permits, non profits, copyrights, trademarks, and so on.

Do I have to go to lawyers who specialize in areas or do I just go to a lawyer and they know ...

How to stop a wage garnishment on child support?
I owe back child support and my employer has been served on me a wage garnishment that will make it impossible for me to live. I don't dispute that I owe back support, but the amount they have ...

What is the difference between a crime and an act of war?
So many people are calling for Obama to send in the Navy to rescue the captured American captain which pirates are holding hostage in a foreign country's (Somalia) territorial waters.
The N...

How can you file for divorce by your self? In Houston Texas.?
I want to get divorce and have no money so i want to do it my self. My husband wont give me the divorce....

Can you help with childsupport laws for men?
like when your on ssi and they take half of it how do you live off so little
Additional Details
im man and she trying to take all of my money.can someone ...

If you buy an EDITED cd at a store, and they swear and say F*CK in the song, can you sue?
?
Additional Details
and AW its a question, doesn't mean im gonna sue them? <3 but we can pretend?...

Got fired and denied benifits going to trial how do i win?
i got fired for not ringing in a drink.. i understand what i did wrong but the marriott has very strict policies that you cant just get fired without written warnings first. they fired me on the spot ...

What is illegal from the interview to ask about my girlfriend's ability to work with me?
My girlfriend is applying to work in the same office as me. It was known that she is my girlfriend and the interviewer asked her if she would be able to work in the same office as me. Was that an ...

Should schools be able to regulate off-campus cyberbullying?
I am writing a research paper for my intro to law class and am leaning towards that schools shouldn't be able....if you have any information or reasoning for this topic, please share :) I ...

Is it immoral to be rich if you've earned your wealth? If so, should there be a punishment for being wealthy?

Additional Details
Wow, Blue. Defensive about tax and spend, aren't we? I didn't even mention taxes.

Do you have an answer to the questions asked?...

What would happen if we reported it to the police?
My bestfriend has been in an abusive relationship for about a year now. I've been begging her, pleading with her to break up with him and get her life back together but she's always been to ...

What can happen after being charged before a trial or being convicted?
Domestic affair, 4 charges, what should I expect?...

Question about a person invloved in court?
what do you call the person in court that questions and defends the victims?...

AP Gov question: What is Reinforcing cleavage? What is cross cutting cleavage?
What is an example of each?...

For purely secular reasons, why is marriage only between a man and woman?

Additional Details
Infertile and post-menopausal women cannot procreate either....

A Question about life-sized cardboard cut outs...?
Do you need a person's permission to get a life-sized cardboard cut out of them made? Or could you just waltz in with anyone's photo and presto! they're standing in your bedroom?...

Legal hippa Question?
Wife was admitted to hospital for trying to commit sucided. Her ex husbands friend somehow found out that she was there and called and asked to speak to her and they said she was busy and would ...

What's selective incorporation?
and what is an example of a supreme court case that involves the first amendment, privacy rights, and criminal ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links