Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Should the U.S. government create a DNA fingerprint database of all citizens at birth?
Find answers to your legal question.

Should the U.S. government create a DNA fingerprint database of all citizens at birth?

I need your opion on this question so i can use it in a dabate at school so whther your pro or con please state your opion?

Well...you wanted an answer
Rating
I HATE HATE HATE to think what else that would lead to as far as human rights. It is a yet another way to be discriminated against, medical testing weirdness, selective breeding, genocide. At the same time it would instantly solve so many crimes. I wonder if people knew their DNA was on file there would be less rape or murder? Or would those people do the same crimes but get rid of the evidence better and make sure the person was dead instead of "just" raping them. I think it is one of the arguments of "does the benefit outweigh the risk?" I'm sure the USA has thought of doing this a million times but even the Government can't come up with a good enough reason to do it yet.

k5lqp
Rating
Doing so they become a complete Police State, like USSR and Nazy Germany. :(

italienne
Absolutely not.

freddy
Rating
No. that gives the government one way to spy and invade your privacy. any time a crime is committed, and you are innocently there, you will instantly become a suspect and you will face harrassment from the police.

Chief High Commander, UAN
Rating
Uh, hell no! Keep your government off my body! My DNA is exactly that, MINE. The government doesn't get to play with it for any reason.

kldded
NO WAY IN HAY! The government keeps enough tabs on us. This is supposed to be a DEMOCRACY. I don't need them having anymore personal information on me much less my DNA!

Papillon
Rating
NO. It's a move towards a totalitarian police state. It's bad enough that they are already mooting the day, maybe 10 years from now, when every US citizen has a microchip implanted in their arms, carrying a ton of info on you, so you can be watched every minute of the day.

Only fascists would approve of such a step.

Veteran Voter
Someone once wrote, "A man who would give up liberty for security deserves neither." It would be nice to be able to track DNA so that we could catch rapists and murderers everytime, but then what happens when they decide to start using that to tell us who can and can not have babies, or certain jobs based on our DNA. It's just not worth it.

$andman
absolutely not...the gov's track record at maintaining privacy is abysmal,and you do not want that info to become public info...too much can be inferred,such as health problems,and more info will be de-coded...insurers will deny coverage...once you lose the right to this privacy,it will be nearly impossible to recover,don't give up this right or any other...

BOB ROSS
No, the benefits of this database are far outweighed by the risks. Freedom first. "Give me liberty or keep me safe" is a dangerous perversion of what out country is about. Our nations problems are not caused by an inability to find guilty criminals. By and large our problems are from too much government where it has no jurisdiction.

fangtaiyang
Rating
This would be a difficult and expensive undertaking. There is perhaps some use for such a database, but it is currently not particularly cost effective.

Justme
Absolutely, this will save time in traveling,crime searches

I think that at birth all babies should have their dna on file

If you have nothing to hide then there should be no objection

Right Wing Extremist
Rating
yeah why not?

those who oppose this have something to hide or are protecting themselves in case in the future theyll have something to hide.

im a complete law abiding citizen and will be for the rest of my life. take anything u want from me. my DNA, fingerprints, anything. why would i care?

oh wait, if i commit a crime theyll have all my information. NVM!

(see my point? if u abide by the law, what do u have to worry about?)

this will just help solve more crimes and hopefully deter criminals because the police and government will have their information since their birth.

coolliz2444
I dont see a reason on how that would be a problem. The only reason I see would be if you have committed a crime or you have something to hide. DNA can help solve criminal investigations, and some cases go years without being solved because they have no DNA matches, and those families of the people have to suffer and cant grieve because the person that killed their son or daughter or whoever it may be is still out on the streets.

Then the whole privacy issue, its not really all that bad. Yes the US is a democracy, but how does that have anything to do with you personal information and or DNA? We elect people into the government to serve us, and represent us, to make our country better. Yes, the government can monitor some of personal activities, but they aren't going to unless they have a reason.

I really don't see a problem with it, because if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. No one is going to clone your DNA without your permission and only very select people would have access to the information.

unrepentant poster
Rating
Yes

black leopard
absolutely, no doubt about it.

LagunaMax
Yes, according to English results, there is a 96% success rate of capturing criminals using DNA databases.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do u think they should bring back the electric chair?
or maybe the gas chamber. i think lethal injection is to humane for some of the crimes people do. what are ya'll points of view? remember this is my opinion and i want to hear urs!
A...

If I pay child support to my ex wife and she gets remarried, am I still obligated to pay?

Is it legal to lower your salary?
I know a co-worker of mine gave his two-week notice because my boss lower his salary. My co-worker wanted to cut his days of work. I guess my boss didn't like that. I know that was seriously ...

You're running from the police and you fall, while you're down on the ground- you are tazed. Is this legal?

Which law is worse: Mandatory seat belt use or price gouging?

I rcvd a mail from stating that I have a job in nigeria ? Is it true ??
SHELL NIGERIA INC. (SNI)
Job Vacancies
TITLE: PRODUCTION SHARING CONTRACT
Job ID: PSC/JV/SNI 01145-07 Nigeria.
Shell Nigeria Incorporation (SNI) has immediate employment

How stupid and unconstitutional are hate crime laws?
Very, in my opinion. How can liberals - the alleged defenders of the constitution - support laws which force you to spend extra time in prison for allegedly having thoughts or feelings deep inside of ...

Should Anna Nicole Smith be buried it TX, or Bahamas?
Why?...

If you see someone hit a child can you legally intervene?
If you
see a parent or relative hit or kick etc. a child can
you legally intervene?...

Is toilet papering houses legal?

What do you have to say about this?
Okay so my boyfriend and i are together. He is 24, and I am 16. My parents are trying their hardest to keep me from him, but I'm at the age of consent. When I asked them why they kept me from ...

Can you get in trouble for drawing a swastika on a sidewalk with chalk?
Freedom of expression, right? And if I could get in trouble with that, I should get in trouble for drawing a Star of David, since Israel has committed immense atrocities and displaced millions of ...

When people commit a crime, and go to jail, why do so many not serve their full sentence?
If someone is sentenced , why should they have a chance to get out through parole. why doesn't the sentence they get stick???why is parole even available???
Additional Details
I THIN...

I owe a drug dealer some money?
a few months ago this guy let me borrow a knife, but i lost it and now i have to pay him back his $50 by tommorow at 5:30 or he'l probly kill me. now obviously you would just pay him back, only ...

Can you be fined for speeding in the uk if you live in ireland and hold an irish licence?

Are gypsies/travellers an ethnic minority?

Those that answered "who should go to jail"?
I'm a Native American just recently I went fishing without a fishing license and recieved a ticket. How do you justify whites stealing my peoples land then trying to make us pay to fish or hunt ...

What are your views on this?
do you think the goverment should call for every man to have a DNA test and have them put on file for police use?
and, if men who dont want it done, should they be forced to? or do they have ...

Will/Should I be charged for shoplifting?
Hypothetical: While shoplifting a $20 CD at Circuit City, the store got held up by three armed men and I was able to help the Security Guard along with another shopper to jump the three men.

I'm a member at a gym which I can no longer afford!?
I signed a year contract and the only way I can get out of it is if I move 25 miles away or if I get a note from the doctor stating I'm not able to workout. Does anyone have ay brilliant ideas ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links