Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What age can teenager leave home with and without parents permission?
Find answers to your legal question.

What age can teenager leave home with and without parents permission?

so what age can i leave home to live in flat and stuff in the UK

charlotte r

Butt
Rating

Red Trooper

Alfred E. Newman
Rating
16 in the UK

Theodore M
All you have to do is have a Judge grant you emancipation from your parents, and you are ready to roll whenever you want!

SkUnKmOnKeY
Rating
Sweet sixteen

frankturk50
Rating
Its 16 years old and you dont need parental consent.Its sensible really because you can marry at 16years and as in my case join the forces at 17years.

naedmep6891

srracvuee
i think its 16 James but why not wait for another two years or so you will be able to handle it a bit more easily

~Kitana~
Rating
16. You'll find it hard to get a place to stay without a job and your parents will have to be your guarantors if you rent a place, meaning they are the ones that will have to stump up the money if you can't pay the rent.

Bertacus
18 in the US, I don't know about the UK

Karen
Rating
Leave home to live independently.? Scottish law allows young people to leave home legally at sixteen years of age. In England and Wales sixteen year olds can leave home only with parental consent.

anniebell
you have to be 18 to rent a flat but you can leave home with parents permission at 16.

Stacey L
Rating
16!

Fish
Depends on the State. Texas is 17 but you cannot rent anything until you are 18 so.......

funky munky is back
Rating
18, my 18 year old son don't think so though.

Phil H
I think in England & Wales it is 16. Not shure about the rest of the UK.

Molly
Think it's 16 with parents permission, 18 without.

*<3*
I think that it is 16

Shopaholic365
Rating
I think its 18

Jamie79
Rating
I'm quite worried you are leaving home to stay in a flat and certainly being a teenager it can be tough. I am sure you have your reasons, contact your local Citizen Advice Bereau, goodluck.

msi_cord
Rating
Don't know about the UK, but most states allow teens to leave at either 16 or 18. Check what your local laws are.

Millsy-Baby
16 you can leave with parents consent and if you leave without and the police are called out they cant make you go back home unless you are unsafe. where as if u leave at 17 you are old enough to leave without consent but you still cant rent/buy until age 18 ;)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should people be allowed the right to assisted suicide ?
With many people suffering from various form of illness regardless of what kind and others simply emotionally not able to handle things do you think that people should be allowed the right to die in ...

Social Services took our son from us! Why?
We have a 3 year old son with developmental problems and problems growing. We have been taking him to a doctor to have him treated with this since he was 4 months old! He even gets behavioral therepy ...

Why do we use sterile needles on criminals condemned to death?

Can someone give me good answers??
i asked a question about juvy and all i got was i okay answer??
my question was:
How bad is juvy??
I have entered juvy but not stayed there
im not a CRIMINAL!!!!
i just got ...

Can a teacher legally do this?
Someone (not me) emailed a radio station and said that it was my english teachers 70th birthday. He/she recorded it and sent it to me, and I put it on youtube. She found out and told me that it was ...

Who thinks child molesters should be put to death????
11 points for best answer
Additional Details
I think they should and have it be the most painful slowest death possible....

Is this fair and legal?
If an employee was entitled to an annual raise (on their doh) and the employer did give the raise until about a month later, should that employee be entitled to back pay for the time that he/she didn&...

Can I sue drugstore for selling expired cough drops?
I purchased some HALLS cough drops from a local CVS pharmacy and they had expired in 03/2006, I am interested in seeing if I have some grounds for a law suit THANKS
(I have receipt)...

Whats so wrong about being american?
why is it so wrong to be "so american" like when someone says "....your so american" and Usually your first reaction would be "...how am i so american"?? why is it that ...

Public Smoking Ban?
Do you think there should be a public smoking ban? List three reasons why there should or should not be one....

Is it right? Don Imus has been fired for "inflamatory remarks", but Howard S. has ....?
...said much worse and he is till on the air and more famous than ever before in his career. Also, if a black comentator had, said,"those cracker ho's", would he/she had been fired? My ...

My boss thinks i should date him before i can enjoy promotions and other benefits.?

Should a county judge (USA) have his walls decorated with Christian art?
I recently had the pleasure of going to court for a business matter and while in the judge's chambers was honestly blown away by his walls. They had 15-20 rather large pictures pertaining to C...

I am 16 years old and recently got arrested for petty theft. what consequences might I be facing in court?
I have never done anything like this before, my record is clean. I don't think petty theft is considered a felony but even so, would this occurence show on my record when I apply for a job?...

Is my life over?
im 13 and i got charged for prank calling the secretary of my school at her home. i prank called her about 12 times over like 4 months, i never said anything threatening, and i got expelled from ...

What is it called when you are in high school and you want to move out of the house and live on your own?

Abortion=Murder?
Why is abortion not considered murder? Its still a living organism with a soul and its ok to kill them. And what time in the fetus' life is it considered alive and a human being?...

Terrorism and death penalty?
Why the hell are we not bringing back the death penalty for terrorists? If we start killing a few of them, at least it will bring some sort of justice.

I am all for internment of suspected ...

Why do people need a licence to have a dog but any one can have children?

Should marijuana be legalized in the USA?
Why or why not?

Why is it that alcohol is legal, but marijuana isn't?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, September 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links