Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What can happen to someone hiding a wanted felon?
Find answers to your legal question.

What can happen to someone hiding a wanted felon?

what type of consequenses could somone suffer for hiding a felon with a warrant out for their arrest?

Stephen K
Rating
Aiding and abetting, you can do jail time

cheeseprincess4eva
You'd be charged with harboring a felon, and if the evidence shows, perhaps with being an accomplice to the crime.

Hope this helps! =]

milton b
Rating
It is a crime to harbor a know criminal. In order to prosecute you they are going to have to prove that you knew the person was a fugitive when you gave them shelter.

Yep!
It's called harboring a fugitive. The penalty depends on your state's laws. What STATE are you in?

There are also provisions for charges of harboring a fugitive at the FEDERAL level.

ralphy_714
Rating
Harboring a known felon.
You can be charged jailed time for that, unless you turn in the felon.

I don't know if they'll let you off if you didn't know that he/she is a felon.

But since you asked this, I'm assuming that you known that he/she is a known felon.

One Sexy Jeep Girl
Rating
Harboring a felon is a serious offense. Have fun in jail and never ever drop the soap

Brian_Galang
You could be charged for hiding a felon, like an accesory

shane w
you would get charged with harboring a felon, jail time.

yamomma
Rating
that is a felony...the class in which you get 1-5 years...but with america's justice system you would probably get away with a lil community service and 2 years probation.

treseuropean
Rating
You can get charged with harboring a known felon, which I believe is a felony in and of itself.

belladonna25
Think the charge would be Obstruction of justice or hindering prosecution or both- you would be arrested

343 Remember
Rating
It depends, that's the short answer. The longer answer is that you can receive the same or similar sentence. Aiding & abetting is illegal and there is no benefit to you to hide someone. If they are a friend, realize that a true friend would NOT put you in that situation.

I wish you well, but depending on the warrant and the crime, the police can serve a warrant with force. You do not want to be in the line of fire, do you?

Best of luck!

claudiacake
It's called aiding and abetting, and obstruction of justice and both are felonies resulting in jail time.

dual_reality2
Rating
Bunkmates.

A C
harboring a felon

**Always**
i think fines and imprisonment, but im not sure...... u shouldnt be hiding anyone would be my advice =)

biking for life
You can go to jail for that and have a criminal record yourself

teddybears
Rating
They woud charge you as an accomplice and arrest you, unless of course you turn in the felon

In that case you will get praise

Patty M
You go to jail too. Won't that be fun, You and your friend will be together in the back of a cop car.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is this an over-the-top arrest for a 'trifling' crime?
I mean covering fruit with custard never got Fanny Craddock in trouble with the police!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com

Council housing?
I am a single, 26 year old on a low income, I have no dependents, I am born in the Uk and have no disabilities, am I entitled to Council Housing? If not is there any other way I can get housing?...

One of the muslims in my school said "i'll blow you up". Im mad about it.. should i report him to the FBI?
we were argueing and then he said "i'll blow you up" and he is muslim..and he looks like an arab. Will it ruin his life if i report him to the FBI? I would like to do that..
A...

Abortion = murder : Murder of a pregnant woman = double homicide?
Think about this.
Additional Details
I believe abortion isnt murder but killing a pregnant woman is double homicide. Wierd huh?...

What do you think can be done about the crime situation in America? Where would you begin to solve our problem
What do you think can be done about the crime situation in America? Where would you begin to solve our problems? What do you think are the most important places to begin battling this tremendous ...

Given his past ethics with the Clintons,. do you feel offended the Nobel Committee awarded Al Gore a prize?

Additional Details
you liberals really give me a good bellylaugh...HE WAS THE VICE PRESIDENT for god sakes...you dont think he had anything to do with travelgate, filegate, whitewater, ...

Can I sue?
I hired a pet sitter who was supposed to come 4 times a day and only came twice a day. She did take care of my dog, he was fed, watered, etc. but did not give him the agreed upon times. Can I sue ...

Do you believe everyone is equal in the court of law?

How do you feel about THE SUPREME COURT RULING ON GUNS?
Opinions, thoughts, input and your feelings?
Additional Details
I found it interesting that 4 of 9 voted against it. That is actually a frightening thought.

So let me get ...

Is it not time we brought back hanging.?
We are all ways being told we live in a caring society. I donít think so. It is not much comfort to the family of the police officer who was murdered yesterday in the line of duty, to know his killer ...

Why do they use alcohol swabs for lethal injections?

Is it illegal to fake your own death?

If my boss threatens to put a spear through the back of my head on a regular basis should I get a lawyer?

Why is it "illegal" to remove those tags from pillows and mattresses?
According to those tags, it is a legal violation to remove those tags. Why on earth would that be?
Additional Details
Haha, yes, this is a hard-hitting, thought-provoking question. I ...

Whats your opinion on the death penalty?

Do human rights allow me to kill the person who kills someone I love?

Can A Minor Marry An Adult?
Every website that I read quotes that the minor must have parental consent. If the minor is 14 and the adult is 20 can the couple marry?

ANSWER QUICKLY...

From which age onwards are we responsible for our actions?

What do you do if you find out your neighbor is a lowly Republican?

What do you base your morals on?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links