Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What happens if you get caught with weed?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens if you get caught with weed?

Say, you get caught with a pound of marijuana - what do you get?

mollyflan
Depends on where you live. In some places, like Oregon, if you get caught with an ounce or less you just get a ticket.

A pound, however, is quite a lot of weed and it would be assumed that your intent was to sell it which is a whole different thing. Intent to sell a controlled substance is going to get you jail time.

fukingruvin76118
Rating
You boys everbeen to Mexico?

gaia_master0
Rating
I'd get the beating of a life time from my parents. =)

courage
A nice long vacation with dumb people just like you.

Christy D
Rating
Arrested.

dawn666annapolis
Rating
an attorney asap.

ghost.
Rating
obviously it gets taken off you

you will most likely just get a caution as opposed to public services or a sentance

BUT YOU SHOULDNT BE DOING DRUGS.

hot_tamale962
Rating
thats jail time babe.

x..Audrie.X
Rating
jaill

Another Guy
A whole lot of jail time.

DR W
Rating
You'll be cut down to size.

Adams mommy
jail

paulie
you will be arrested, and you will go to jail.

athenajalee
Rating
Possession of a controlled substance along with intent to distribute. Jail or probation depends on where you were and what you were doing when you got caught.

jglawson80
Possesion of that amount of marijuana constitutes possesion with intent to sell under federal law, that's a mandatory 15-25 year prison sentence.

Jimmy Jones
throw it out now.... dont carry a whole pound on u

toetagme
If you are caught with that much, you will be charged with possession with intent to sell. The penalties will depend upon what state you are in. If you are charged by the feds the penalty will be much greater. Like 25 years. Lots of states have minimum required sentences for intent to distribute.

PainKiller
For a pound? You will get arrested for attempt to sell and you will be branded as a dealer with that much, which means you will go directly to jail.
If it was a small bag, you will just get a ticket for possession and taken to the station, a misdemeanor.

Johnny Apollo
You will be sent to time out - for a long time.

FloridaGirl
i don't know. just stop taking drugs and you'll be fine.

The Mozzer
They all love you and Dubya himself will take a toke with you. "You waste my coin Sam, jailing my fellow man. For smoking all the noble weed"

two_wheel_racer
Too many variables are missing. What country/state is this in? How you got caught (selling, using, transporting or growing). How old you are. Previous criminal record. All play a role in what the answer can be.

UncleBen
Rating
It all depends who catches you, you may have to share.

SS4 Elby
Rating
Most likely jail which is dumb there are real criminals out there that need to be behind bars.

lamborghini518
depends on what the judge decides, usually a few years behind bars

Dan_o_mite
It really depends on where you live and who the district attourney is.

Don't get caught I think is the key. And stay away from the hard stuff!!! Get busted with a pound of that and you'll be doing 25 to life!!!

Tiffgoody2shoes
Rating
Depends on where you are, and what the state laws are in the state that you're arrested in. Some states have decriminalized it, and if you are caught with less then an ounce, you're good (meaning no arrest). On the Federal level, ANY amount is very illegal, and if you're carrying POUNDS, you could be getting yourself in some trouble. Just google it for the specifics!

Chula
Depends where you live

sarah b
Rating
jail time and like 500 bail out and court and u become a failin or wors or what ever happends......lol

Not Guilty!
You will be charged with possession of narcotics with intent to distribute. Depending on where you live and past record jail time can vary from probation to 20 years.

Allen
I was stopped by c3i with a pound of pot in my jacket in a car they had no reason to stop me and didn't i stoped the car and started to get out then they searched me found the pot toook my money gave me no ticket and didnt not take me to jail why?????

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What would a racist do?
If a non-white baby, was trapped in house fire, and human intervention could have saved their lives; would an extreme racist walk on by and ignore the cries for help, or do the human thing and save ...

Death Penalty Right or Wrong?
Do you believe we should bring the death penalty back to Britain?

Do you believe the death penalty is a way of punishing people or preventing them repeat their crimes?

So you ...

I just did 20 years in prison for killing someone, I found out that person isn't really dead, can I kill him?
I was convicted of killing a man that was tortured and burned to death. To make a long story short I was innocent. My wife has been working for 2 decades trying to prove I didn't do it. C...

Would it be racist to say this?
Why can't we send back the families of these terrorists who terroise us to their country of origin as a punishment when the terorists are caught and convicted of their crimes. If the ...

How do you feel about Death Penality?
This Stems From Questioning The Way I feel About The Death Penalty, A Mother Allegedly Killed Her Two Kids And Put The In A Trash Bag And Put The Under The Sink...

"Do You Believe In T...

Why do white people always feel like black people are angry when we ask questions?
Why do you think blacks are looking for hand-outs because we ask for reperations for treating of black ancestors like crap? Why should we put in under a rug and forget about it? White people, if ...

Can I press charges?
I have a neighbor who has called my landlord making false accusations. She is claiming that my oldest daughter is uncontrollable, my wife and I are never home, the cops are at our house 2-3 times a ...

How can you pass a polygraph test.(lie Detector teat) If you are lying?

Will there ever be a drinking or alcohol ban in this country?
how many people have you heard of, in the media or anywhere else for that matter, who have caused accidents to people or even death to people by drink driving. do you think a ban on alcohol should be ...

Would you be obligated to turn in a child molester? read the details B4 answering?
If you were a cop, and you caught some guy molesting a 12 year old girl, and the guy beat the daylight out of you and the guy could have easily killed you and gotten away with it, if he wanted to, ...

Do you think abortion should be a individual decision?

Additional Details
For everyone's information I am not pregnant I was just curios to see how the majority ...

If guns should be made illegal because they are used to kill, then shouldn't knives be made illegal too?
... and hammers, and poison, and cars, and cancer, and aids, and rocks, and sticks, and .........

Should teachers be paid as least as much as lawyers, doctors, or business leaders are paid? ?

Do you think abortion should be illegal in the US?

Can I sue M&M's (Candy). They have destroyed my life. How can I do this?
This is not a Joke post

I have been eating their M&M candy for over 14 years. I really like the candy. I usually grab a bunch of them in my right hand and eat them.

Well I ...

If it was in the middle of the night, and a stranger was banging on your door screaming to let them in?
because a maniac killer was after that person, but you didn't know that. Would you let them in....

Should a father who signs his parental rights away be held responsible 10 years later?
I had a child in 1983...after a long battle I got custody...on her first visit she took off with him and was not found for just over 5 years. The Court would not give him back to me as he had no idea ...

Should I sue Yahoo???
For allowing so many people on here with no sense of humor????...

American is NOT the best country in this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Whoever thought that America is the best country in the world, screw them!!!! America is a stupid country because you must be 21 to drink. In other countries you can be 18.Why did they enforce the ...

Should we remove "in god we trust" from our quarters?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links