Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What happens if you sue someone and they don't pay?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens if you sue someone and they don't pay?

Platypus
"Just because the court has awarded you the judgment, it doesn't mean that the person will pay. You may have to go back to court to get a lien on the person's property or to order a wage garnishment."

rickinnocal
Rating
Depends where you are. Collection alternatives vary by State.

They include garnishing wages, attaching bank accounts, seizing personal property, putting liens on real estate etc - some methods are legal in some States, some in others.

Richard

mercedes
Rating
You don't collect. Moral: Don't sue an empty pocket.

Nathan
It depends what the Judge said in his/her judgment if at all you sued that person. You can use court blockers to help you get your benefits or what ever you need to retrieve from that person.

**A**
I would assume they send that person to jail for unpaid fines and court related payments.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Motion For Relief From Stay?
What does this mean when an attorney files this on behalf of a debtor? It is for a mobile home that should be pd outside of our Chapter 13 Bankruptcy P...

California Labor Law....... I would like to know if it is illegal to have employees who worked 40 hours M-F?
full time and 2 Saturday shifts a month, have their hours changed to M-F 8-4pm and also still come in on Saturday and complete the 40 hours. All of this has been done with out any of the employees ...

Is drinking and driving illegal?
Not alcohol. Just like drinking Pepsi while your driving....

What are the regulations for wind farms in other countries?
science stuff:(...

Applying for replacement Social Security card but dont know names of father and mother..?
I'm 22, so I'm over 18, was born in kenya, not the USA, so I do not have a birth certificate in any vital records office in the USA. I have been a permanent resident since 2004. I lost my ...

I got bank frauded, and they want me to pay it back, what can I do?
This happend I believe on (tuesday) January 12 or 13th, I was at a party at Rutgers University with a couple friends, and at some point through the night I believe that I lost my debit car. I had ...

Is it legal to buy an m4 carbine in texas ?
is it legal to buy/purches/own an m4 in texas ? if so how ?...

How long can you be held in contempt?
How long can you be held in contempt out of court? (ex. "Liar Liar" Jim Carey's character outbursts in court)....

What's everyone think about The TopFree Equal Rights Association?
After having read their website at http://www.tera.ca/ I am just curious to know what everyone's opinion is on this. How do you feel about it?...

What can I do about a reluctant executor?
I am joint executor of my late sisters estate but the other executor has decided that she no longer wants to act. Is it easy for her to just resign? we already have probate.
Additional Details<...

Mother died and left house to father and 3 children. Can one child force the sale of the house for cash?
English law question: The mother of a friend of mine died. In her will (drawn up by a solicitor) she left 50% of the house to the father, and 16.6% to the three children who do not live there.
O...

Is it illegal....?? please help?
i want a septrum piercing really bad but im WAY underaged, 13 to be exact. I know you guys are gonna say EWW that stuff is gross but please no comments like that but is it illlegal for me to cuz i am ...

When did it become legal to drop out at 16 years old in the U.S?
I know way back in history some didn't go to high school, they just finished grade school and some didn't even go to school. What year did it become legal for 16 year olds to drop out?
<...

How can i get back at my neighbor legally?
Ok for the past 2 years now i have been having problems with my neighbor and this week he has done pushed me. so far in the last 2 years he has attempted to kill my dogs multiple times, tried to ...

Involuntary Manslaughter?
What is the max sentence for someone who eludes police and causes a car accident that results in 2 deaths? The person has no record, but may have ran from police because there was marijuana in their ...

My landlord is stealing my mail and preventing me from getting court documents and money, what do i do?
I have been living in a house under a rental scam for approx 8 months now... Finally after getting enough evidence that i was in a rental scam I stopped paying the false landlord and started paying ...

If a provisional application provides none the legal benefits of an issued patent, what does it protect?
This was posted one year ago
"There is no such thing as a "provisional patent." However, there is such a thing as a "provisional patent application." This distinction ...

Do you think (if they do anything) could sue and win?
Yesterday someone accused me of talking a LOT about Obama (claims that I do it ALWAYS (check my questions and answers my mom ALSO says I don't she is starting to show symptoms of relapses (you ...

Is it illegal for a "parent" to keep a legal adult (18 year old 'child') against his/her will?
When I was 17, I told my mom I wanted to live with my dad. She then intimidated me and said "YOU'RE NOT LIVING WITH HIM UNTIL YOU'RE 18". I'm 18 now and she still denies my ...

What are the seatbelt laws in Canada?
In Florida, if a car is made before 1972 (I think that's what it is), they aren't required to have seatbelts in the car. Is there a law like that in Canada? What is it?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links