Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What happens when someone dies and the family has NO MONEY for ANYTHING?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens when someone dies and the family has NO MONEY for ANYTHING?

say someone passes, and literally not a penny available for anything. what then? where does the body go? (not even money for cremation, not one penny) does the state take the body? bury it? throw it away? what happens to the body?

evilattorney
Typically, the state will bury the body in a pauper's grave.

MadMan
The state will dispose of the body. If buried, it is a place referred to as "Potter's Field", not "Pottery Field".

hillarystarbright
The state will bury them. If you just lost someone and don't know how to pay for burial, talk to the chaplain at the hospital or call your local city government.

A.C.
Rating
What a lot of people don't know. Is that hospitals, universities, and research institutions are actually very willing to take your loved ones' remains for free.

You don't have to pay for anything. After a few months to a year they will even return you your loved ones' ashes to you if you desire. They cremate the remains for free automatically.

Save about $1,000 on cremation fees and $5,000 plus or more on burial cost.

Fred Garvin
Rating
Donate the body to a university. there are places that will take it. .

simplydelicious
In Phoenix they are buried in what some people would call "pottery field" by county jail inmates.
Most places have some kind of help for these situations.

Lydia
Rating
You'd take out a loan, or use credit to find some money to borrow to get affairs settled.

rightwing radical 1
medical research for the lot of ya.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Social security number question?
Can my employer give my Social Security Number to another person or different employer WITHOUT my permission? Where can I find the law on this subject?
Additional Details
What I am ...

Where can you find information regarding 16 yr olds not being allowed to sign contracts without their gaurdian?
This is for law homework, please direct me towards UK ...

Bragging rights central poll: what do you have bragging rights over?
Ompelle told me she loved me today.....now its your turn
Additional Details
no, she stopped and sent love, you'd know that if you ever went on 360..duh. nice packages......

How long do u get for arson?
my boyfriend set someones car on fire and her got court next month does any one no what will happen to him and how long will he get?...

USA.......Do innocent prisoners that are released get compensation?
and how much for each year they have wrongly spent inside
Additional Details
just watched lock up and this black guy was proved innocent of a rape after dna evidence proved he was ...

If you were dismissed for a class C theft in Texas do you Still get a civil case?

Additional Details
the case was ...

Is it illegal to sell a used car in Pennsylvania without a warranty?

Writing A Short Legal Brief.... Please Help!?
Okay well I need to write a short brief for class. Its based on this argument http://www.supremecourtu
Okay I've never really ...

Is there something that can be done?
I live in an apartment complex and there are always children running in between cars and across the intersection in the parking lot, and when they see cars instead of moving out of the way or ...

As a victim of armed robbery, can I sue?
Alright, so earlier today, while at work, a guy came in, pulled a gun on us (me, and 2 other guys) and robbed us, after he walked out, my manager hit all the panic buttons we've got and none of ...

Liberals would not allow a global warming skeptic to testify in hearings. Why?
http://scienceandpublicp
http://www.climatedepot....

What is your opinion on HR 669 Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act?

Should the photos of prisoners be released? Will the prisoner's identity be protected?
It is against the Geneva Convention to release pictures of POWs in order to protect the prisoner from embarrassment and humiliation....

Am I allowed to go down this road? It says no trespassing, but...10 points?
I am in southern Maryland and there is a long dirt road that branches off of the little road where my father, brother and I live in a mobile home park, which I know it leads to the Chesapeake Bay at ...

Can you all believe my brother in law just went to jail?
I don't really like the guy but anyway, he just went to jail for hunting on a baited field with no huntin license. They said he'll probably do up to 10 years!! Aren't there people out ...

Do you have to show intent to be charged with a crime?
I was reading up on intent in law, and it says that "In criminal law, for a given actus reus ("guilty act"), the required element to prove intent consists of showing mens rea (mental ...

I have just worked my 4 weeks notice but others have been paid 12 weeks notice for not working theirs isitfair?

Do you think that fast food advertising is deceptive?
In my opinion, fast food restaurants employ deceptive food images in their advertising. Take hamburgers, for example. The size of beef patties are exaggerated relative to the bun in ads and on menus, ...

Can any body tell me the difference between damages and defamation under IPC. Pl eloborate if possible?
Can a case of of perjury be be filed by an individual or is it that only court can file a case of perjury under indian law.Any AIR to quote. If so under what authority. I am asking this because my ...

I need advice on a criminal legal matter?
There are several charges in this matter.However one of them is something that isn't mine it is the co- defendants charge.I had an idiot attorney who did not help in court and with no ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links