Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What laws should be made?
Find answers to your legal question.

What laws should be made?

timetochangemyname
Rating
A better question should be "what laws should be repealed".

The first new one that comes to mind is this:

In regards to home foreclosure:

Tenants should be afforded the same notice and amount of time to vacate a premises that the landlord or owner had. If a bank does not choose to evict the tenant, the tenant should maintain the same rights that were protected under tenant/landlord rights, such as those pertaining to safety, health, and action notifications.

I say this because there are renters tossed out who were totally in the dark about the status of the house. Also, there are tenants who were never given notice to leave but instead just have their water turned off (totally illegal for a landlord to do. A landlord has to give notice, and if the tenant doesn't leave, a judge rules and then the Sheriff comes. there is no shutting off of the water). People are living in bank owned properties for free (under squallid conditions) because the bank didn't move them out or maintain the property.

Txchick
Rating
Anyone who believes in "Sharing the wealth" shall have thier wealth shared. Everyone who does not believe in this theory, shall have the old tax codes on them like normal.

Arthur A
To impound the cars these young people use to play loud music from their amps in the trunks of their cars disturbing people at 2am in the morning.

Amanda
Rating
That you should have to pass a test before you have kids.

Froot Loop
abortion

Arnold Genius
gays illegal

alli2058@ymail.com
Rating
Gay marriage bans and also to make abortion illegal. Really, why do they even bother voting on these things?

Rick W
Rating
That is against the law for an illegal alien to be considered for president

Marcela N
No More Gay People

kevinb671
The next law passed at the Federal level should require that for every new law Congress passes, two more must immediately be repealed.

Matt the Cat
Abortion Illegal.

Also check out my question:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081111180436AAvPrHF

Stauffer
Rating
Here are a few that came to mind right away and a few in response to previous answers.

Stricter laws on immigration and illegal aliens. Increasing patrols along our boarders is a great idea.

Keep gay marriage illegal, no teens do not need more rights, keep the drinking age at 21 (seriously, do you think teens drinking alcohol is a good idea?!?!? it won't stop kids from getting the urge to do it)

hewray
Rating
It should be illegal to tell children that things are facts, unless they can be proven absolutely.

Sexy_Choc_Gurl
Police Officers, Should not have so much freedom like they do! I Just feel as though some police officers abuse their power! I Know cop who smokes weed CONSTANTLY! and he brags about it CONSTANTLY!!!!!!

meeomyo
Rating
We have trouble enforcing the ones we already have we need no more laws

Foxes
0) Make Congress use social security and end federal retirement.
Put congress on high deductible health plan.
Put congress on pension limits like PBGC with same maximums.

1) no more civil rights and no more affirmative action.. No lawsuits. end eeoc.

2) End IRS and the 6 thousand pages of law. Go to a permanent flat tax.
10% up to 100,000, then
20% up to 200,000, then
30% up to 300,000, then
35% over that.

No deductions.
No earned income
No bonuses for having kids,.
3) Law that permanently repeals estate tax. Why should we be taxed again when we die?

3) End progressive "property taxes" except for fire service. Everyone pays flat rate for; lots, apartments, etc.

4) End section 8 housing, projects, government dole. End welfare.
Begin workfare only for six months. That is what unemployment insurance is for.

5) End automatic citizenship for babies born in us when both parents are not citizens. If Mother is not, then baby is not a citizen.

6) End right s for illegals to anything other than emergency care. End medicare laws on discharge for non-citizens. DO NOT APPLY.

7) Rule liberal judges and congress cannot offer services for illegals.

8) English is official language and only language of instruction in US schools..except as an elective.

9) Must be high school graduate and show where you paid taxes in prior year to vote. Must have permanent address and social security card and be registered three months in advance. Verified with photo ID against National database. If not meet cannot vote period. No provisional ballot.

ALL US service personnel get automatic ballot and checked against database. None of this bull where absentee ballots are missing.

zon moy
Rating
As long as all parties are of age and consent to an activity that activity should be legal.

jerseynshelby
Rating
after you have been in jail more than 3 times you should go to prison for a year, abortion illegal, put god back in schools, no gangs, if you are in a gang should go to jail 4 a year, buy pot in store right beside beer,1 affiance (dui or dwi) go to jail 4 1 year, child molester's get beat stoned and hung castrated in middle of town, rapist same as molesters,illegals go back to home land and get 1 foot cut off so they cant come back, cheaters get beat,dead beat mom and dads get all money took from them and gave to there kids, be homeless dead beats, i can came up with a lot more but i am going to be hated on 4 what i put down now everyone that works at hospital and doc office gets random drug tested at least once week

me
legal drinking age lowered to 18. if you can vote, drive, work, live on your own, decide whether or not you want to go to school, fight and die for your country at 18. then you should definitely be allowed to drink when your 18.

or better yet there should be no laws. after all this is supposed to be a free country but nothing here is free at all

steph
no corruption in the government or police or anything

mandatory recycling and a lot of other environmental laws need to be made

laws about respecting other countries and how to fairly interact with them

Metal Princess Suspended!!!!
none. There are so many right now it's getting a bit out of hand. Little by little they are taking our rights away with just a little bill.

Lil G
Rating
theses guy's shown 24/7 on the CNN channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExgqnilG4pU

Shamar Y
Rating
Siblings should leave you alone when you want to be alone and stop being so damn annoying!

TG79
Rating
skateboarding should be legalized, but it should be illegal for people to sue the owner of the curb that the skateboarder got his face pwned by.

Turd_In_The_Pool
I just got to tell you I just had the most pungent flatulence I have ever made. I think it was 8 deviled eggs I ate tonight.

ssparkle63
Rating
All the laws should be abolished.. freedom is the answer. then everybody will be happy for 1 day before they die..

VerrĂĽckterEngel!
there should be a law, there should be no more laws

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Could i be sued for this?
I run a blog, and I plan on exposing the factories in my local community that contribute the most to global warming. as long as i am not defaming, etc. am I allowed to say that they are doing that ...

Do you think Marijuana should be legalized for Medicinal purposes and recreational purposes?
Whats the difference between an alcholic who drinks every day and a recreationsl smoker who smokes a joint every night? Why does Marijuana have such a bad rap sheet?...

To all of those against abortion..would you be happy when women are dying on the streets?
For the want of a safe, legal termination?
Additional Details
That's what I meant, they did die in the back alleys....

Is it illegal for my dad to beat me with a belt?
I am 13 and yesterday my dad beat me with a belt yesterday. He has hit me with it before but yesterday was different. He hit me repeatedly leaving marks and me screaming in pain. It was horrible, I ...

Is slavery still legal in the US?

Additional Details
It took 11 wrong answers before somone got it right! Don't ANY Americans actually read their Constitution any more? PRIVATE slavery was abolished by the 13th A...

Is my X violating his restraining order?
My X just bought a house and moved in less than 100 yards away. My restraining order states he can not come within 100 yards from me. Will the District Attorny measure property line to property ...

Should i report my neighbour for benefit fraud?
both are living in the same house but are getting paid single benifits and hes working with his mate on a handyman business the vans parked out side my drive everyday and has no road tax on ...

If there was NO LAW what percent of the population would take advantage of there being NO LAW?
NO JAIL time+NO bad reaction to anything you did wrong because there would be NO right or wrong?...

Is this inhumane?
Why not get all the rapists, murderers, child abusers, serial violent offenders and stick them all on an island together - they would have the oppurtunity to work the land to grow food - but they ...

What are you views on abortion?
And why?...

Should we get rid of both abortion and death penalty?
I was just thinking, if we are to value ALL life, shouldn't we get get rid of both the death penalty AND abortion, and not just one or the other?

Death sentence or prison?
which is more cost effective death penalty or prison? and why?...

What would happen if you lied about ur age at the doctors?
my friend wants to get pregnat but she is only 17 and i told her shes crazy and needs to wait, but she wants to go to a new doctor and lie and say she is 18, would she get in trouble? what kind of ...

If a school confiscates your phone 1 for the wrong reason, and loses it, aren't they entitled to pay for it?
My phone was off and it fell out my pocket, I picke dit up and put it back in my pocket, that's when a teacher walked in and saw it and took it. I then found out the next day that they lost it, ...

What is your opinion on lowering the drinking age to 18?
With all this talk about lowering the drinking age, I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it. Please, don't hold anything back! There is no wrong opinion. I'll give my ...

Can we sue his boss for this letter?
my fiances boss included a "hurt feelings report" in his envelope with his paycheck. this report can be found here:
http://www.eatliver.com/
when i saw this i was ...

Hi, I was wondering what the American public thought about the general state of the nation at this point?
*Official Profile*...

I believe guns create more crimes. What is your opinion?
America is the country with the most number of shootings in the world. Isn't it?
I have posted a question about reasons why it is so easy to own a gun in America and all the answers I got ...

Is my stepdad aloud to hit me in any way? Or even touch me if i don't want him to?
Well it wasn't a belt, so thats out of the picture. It was more of a cross between a closed fist and an open hand, with some pushing, too. Last night he got mad at me for spilling the last of ...

Can a cop search my car if he smells pot?
what is considerd probal cause to a cop. if i get pulled over and the cop says he smells pot. can he search my car?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links