Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

What states have the most lenient gun laws?
Find answers to your legal question.

What states have the most lenient gun laws?

I live in Virginia, can you explain how lenient it is here?

ilitrt
Rating
I would consider a low grade from the Brady Campaign to be a badge of honor. Here, this should help you interpret the Brady grading system: A = traitors and enemies of the Constitution, B = moral cowards, C = honorable mention, D = defenders of freedom and F = true patriots

Ben
Vermont, Montana, and Alaska.

According to the Brady Campaign lobby for gun control, Virginia merits a rating of C minus whereas 32 of the 50 states rated a D or F for gun contol laws.

Although everything is relative, compared to the other states, I don't think an objective observer would consider Virginia "lenient".

Christopher H
The Brady campaign gave Oklahoma an F so that is a good indicator that are pretty lenient on gun laws.

I currently live in South Dakota and they are pretty lenient here too. I have a concealed carry permit and it cost me a whopping $10 to obtain. At 18 you can even get such a permit here and my daughter has one.

Hunting is a huge way of life in South Dakota and very few people here don't have any gun at all. And since pheasant hunting brought in over $47 million in revenue to the state in the 2007 hunting season and does more or less about that most years we certainly are not in favor of a lot of gun control.

So while we have a lot of guns per capita, we also have very few homicides and in 2008 fully half of the homicides were not committed with firearms.

I know that Alaska and some other states also are very lenient but I doubt seriously that VA ranks in the top 15 in terms of allow firearms freedome.

10 minutes late
Virginia is heaven compared to its neighbors, DC and Maryland.

In VA, there is no gun registration, no "7-day" waiting periods and no "illegal" guns. MD and DC have all three.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How did the practice of stealing "half castes" from Australia end?
What finally caused that awful practice to end? Was it a certain law that was passed?...

How much money has Casey Anthony accumulated?
People has been sending her money while she sits in the Orange County Jail in Florida on murder charges. The money goes into her account which she can use to purchase personal items and snacks from ...

Anyone been the victim of False Allegations?
Yesterday my world was shattered.

Several years ago my husband went through a very difficult divorce, almost everything including custody was an issue and battle. To make a very long ...

Im going to court for the first time.. suspended license....?
well here is what happened. i got 5 citations on my record. took a safety class thought everything was finne with my license so i kept driving. got pulled ova car towed and what not. get a court date ...

How to court a girl?????????????????????...

Alimony in Texas, a few Q's?
First off, is it used in Texas. Second, what are the stipulations to receive it. For instance, can a bum dad come after his wife for alimony just cause he wouldn't or couldn't hold a job? ...

Cant pay child support due to illness !?
I cant work due to this illness , I suffer from sever pain and have a tuff time even traveling., there is no treatment or cure and I need to pay child support, how can I pay if this illness prevents ...

Confused? If elected officials in small towns are volunteerees then why and how are they able to be fired?

Is it possible to ask for court supervision re:pick up/drop off kids?
When my ex and I had mediation last year in our respective solicitors' offices (mediation was via phone - mediator was on another line), it was agreed that his parents were a mutual safe pick up ...

Judge independence and responsibility ?
Hi guys,
I have to write a 10 page work on the topic Judge Independence and responsibility. Obviously, this refers to judges ruling independetly and not being effected from neither side.
<...

Would it be illegal...?
To search for my biological parents on Yahoo Answers?...

What are usually the questions asked in a background investigation for employment purposes?
And what is the punishment if the employer-to-be found out that the applicant is lying?...

Will unemployment call former employer?
does ohio unemployment call employer or will they keep in contact by mail?...

Can the attorney general do this?
If my father gives me the house and all his assets in his will can the attorney general put a lien on these assets because my husband owes back child support? My inheritance shouldn't have to go ...

At what point can a person put a restraining order on another for supposed harassment on the phone ?

What is the penalty if I-94 date is violated?
My stay in USA is beyond the date mentioned in I-94. wfhat are the ...

Hello. if a father signed statement of paternity(like a DNA TEST) and put his name on child support...?
then wouldn't it be dumb to deny the kid 8 months later??? well my husband and i just got married when my son was 3 months old, but my baby daddy, which my hubby and baby daddy are both military,...

In Missouri can a person 18-20 drive with sealed alcohol in their car?
also assuming all in the car, passengers and driver, are completely sober....

The main reason for the enactment of the Social Security Act of 1935 was the?
The main reason for the enactment of the Social Security Act of 1935 was the

1. costly medical care for the elderly
2. the desire to assist other nations
3. suffering ...

I went to a chatroom, pretended to be underage, and caught a predator. what do i do now? and is this legal?

Additional Details
he sent me a naked picture and he probably wants to meet somewhere. I got the whole convo saved. Will the cops do anything?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links