Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Why do some people have problems with authority?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why do some people have problems with authority?

Erica, AKA Stretch
My husband has a hard time dealing with Authority. I can't speak about other people, but I can explain his issue.

For him it is about respect. He doesn't understand that in order to get respect you have to give respect. He also doesn't understand that you do not have to like someone to respect them. He will not respect someone until they respect him first and it doesn't work that way.

josh o
because they dont like being told what to do

nodumgys
i dont have a "problem", and your not the boss of me!

pookie
becuase authority figures have the right to punish and some people (me for example) really hate that. so we like to push the envelope and see how far we can get.

cybersharque
Rating
What makes you think I have a problem with authority?

It's authority that has a problem with me!

generalelite
Rating
some people are not well trained in controlling people.

thats why when they have power in their hands, they dont know how to fully use it in the right way.

in the end they end up abusing it for their own selfish gain.

lily-of-the-valley
Rating
because oft times authority is wrong!

atlanticmasonry
Rating
As a child in school this person was picked on by others and was always looked down on.
This means as early as k-1 the problem started up and all the kids were kids of authority in his little world due to the fact maybe he was too shy and became afraid of reality and never developed good interpersonal skills.
so as an adult today he always has his or her guard up for any one of authority. The reason why this is my answer is this person sounds like my son who is now 25 years old and he has this same problem today. Every were he goes to work it's not long before he can not get along with his supervisor and usually quits his job in 6 month's to 1 year. My son developed ADLHD due to kids picking on him. My son was drug and alcohol free, so I know that was not a problem as he grew older.

drunken pumpkin
because they try throwing their weight around! i get along with authority if they give me my space & don't try to force any rules down my throat. but if they get in my face, act snobby & try putting the law down my throat, then there WILL be a problem!

bear8357
Rating
A way smarter person then I said "Always Question Authority"
Albert Einstein

kimmyisahotbabe
Rating
Power. No one likes to be mugged. Its just that some people voluntarily cede someone else to have authority over them. They perhaps believe that they themselves gave the authority to the government. But the government is over-reaching their authority, it is no longer by consent of the governed. And it has to be stopped or it will get much worse.

comradelouise
Surely it depends on the nature of the authority and how it interacts with the person in question?

Although if you're looking for a generalisation, I would say that if everybody conformed to the demands of authority there would be no space for dissidence in society, and this is necessary for the development of a democratic culture

aviator147
Rating
You mean like Eve eating the apple?

It is part of humanity.

pjlisa13
because it human nature not to be told what to do all of the time.. they think they know what is good for you even if its not so that why you have that problem!!1

hearoldbands
Rating
Gopher Syndrome? Didn't you know everyone has a Boss. Think about it.

nanna
Rating
Because they are independant free thinkers who don't like to be told what to do or how to live by other people's (usually the majority's) standards.

patodelamuerte
Since they are the center of the Universe, they believe that THEY are the authority and cannot conceive that anyone would know better.

♥♫ Shy One ♫♥
Rating
Because they bad !!

archkarat
Some people are anarchists. Order and authority hold societies together. Usually people who don't like authority are druggies.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I have been robbed!!!?
the other day i woke up to find that everything in my house was stolen and replaced with an exact replica.
what should i do?...

How do you go about grassing up a dug dealer/user?
my next door neighbour has spread lies to my landlord telling him that the house in a state. im very houseproud and shes spreading lies because she sees we spend time as a family and all she looks ...

Because the UPS truck driver carelessly ran over my elderly dog in MY PRIVATE driveway, is UPS liable?
He was also afflicted with aurthritis and was recovering from a leg injury. The guy was driving like your typical UPS driver this time of year. It was in a confined space and he hit him as soon as he ...

Are smokers really that bad? (Or SMOKERS vs CARNIVORES.)?
I just came across a question from "returnofkarlos", asking "Will the smoking ban in England make you kick the habit?".

"elaine692981" commented:
".....

Would you say, that Abortion Doctors, are Serial Killers?
Many people do not think that killing babies is a crime...It's funny to me, that if they didn't abort them, then they would go on to grow up and be adults.
That being said...
W...

Do you think that pregnant women found guilty of crimes should be executed?

What do i do with a fake £20 note?
I went to sainsburys last night and when i went to pay i took out a £20 note and i handed it too the cashier.
She looked at it and said im sorry but i cant accept this because its fake.
Soo ...

Do u think Israel was wrong for bombing Lebanon,which hosts terrorists?

Now theres the new smoking law, is it ilegal to smoke around your own children in your own home?

Should it be illegal to own or fly the confererate flag in America?
It is illegal to burn the American flag, because that amounts to a desecration. That is according to many politicians. By that same logic, shouldn't the possession of a confederate flag be ...

Should I have reported this incident, or ignored it (as I did)?
While shopping at Walmart, I noticed a Mexican family (two adult men and a small child) while paying the cashier had the child seated on the trolley. The child reached out of the trolley to pick one ...

Why don't rich democrats give most or over half of their money to the poor?
don't they believe in sharing the wealth...high taxes for the rich to give to the poor...but if they strongly believe that, why don't the rich democrats/liberals give over half there money ...

If i want to be a dictator i need to stop free speech how can i do this?
I have found a community that are still using free speech how can i stop this?
Of course i do not want to cause panic amongst these people how do i do this to bring them in line?...

Where is the man's right in abortion?
The law allows your wife to have abortion even if you are against it. She doesn't even have to get your permission.
However, if you accidentally impregnate a woman on a one-night stand, she ...

What is the legal punishment for wife who does not performing her marital duties?
1. How often does the law state she must perform them
2. What is maximum prison term or fine for those crimes?...

What can i do if i found my daughter talkin to an older guy and i took her cell phone?
ok my daughter is 14 and im thinking the guy she is talking to is 21, i just took a cell phone away from her that i think he bought her and in it has text messages saying "i love you" and &...

Is it ok to just talk to a cop you like while he is on duty?
or is it not an ok thing to ...

Is it illegal to have 4 children living in 1 room i have 14yr boy, 11yr girl, 4yr boy, 2yr girl all in 1 room?
due to ...

If monthly drug tests were required to collect a welfare check would we hand out less checks?

Does a man legally/morally have the right to hit a woman in means of self-defense?
Or should he instead use a non-violent approach , such as pushing her away from him , or restraining her against the wall/floor until police arrive?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links