Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Why is it illegal in Kentucky to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why is it illegal in Kentucky to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket?

Barkley Hound
Rating
For the same reason you can't have sock puppet shows in your window in New York City. The world would come to an end if you did it.

Soapbox
So it doesn't poke you in your azz. They are just looking out for your well being.

We have a bunch of stupid laws like that in Texas too:

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

It is illegal to milk another person's cow.

It is illegal to make a U-turn in Richardson, TX.

Oh, and in Alabama, boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

porcerelllisman q
nothing is illegal in Ky

Judy W
Very old and stupid law.

kbrennan2111
Because kentucky politicians realize it doesnt affect anyone and so they are too lazy to change it.

You can be that one person that cares. Take it to the supreme court!

arus.geo
they dont give a reason on any of their law websites. its just another one of those "dumb laws" that are still in the books

you know in new jersey, its illegal to buy ice cream after 6pm without a doctor's note? (yes this is a law)

T MAMA
idk but why is it illegal to tie your giraffe to a light poll in new york or why is it illegal to tie your pet alligator to a fire hydrant in new orleans? knowin noone would have that in public.

but i came to realize that maby it pissed alot of people off back in the old days cause someone somewhere did something to make these laws become active.

Jess
Rating
It is one of the old laws from the 1800's men would put the cone in the back pocket (with no ice cream) to lure the horses away and thus steal them.

jjjjjjjjj
Because some idiot did that once upon a time in public and a horse tried to eat it. When the owner of the cone tried to get away from the horse a ruckus ensued and created a lot of damage.

anica2831
to prevent horse theft..they like ice cream hehe

ASDZA’NI
Yes and its against the law to spit on the sidewalks or cuss.

igi
melts

Ipray
I'm not sure but.....there is a law in Michigan from the early 1800's still on the books today that says a married man cannot buy or sell property without his wife's permission... but the wife CAN. My husband and I found this out when we went to sell our homes we had each purchased before our marriage. He couldn't sell his without my permission, but I could sell mine. I laughed myself to pieces (sitting here held together with good ole Elmer's Glue), he was furious. I told him it was payback for women having to fight for the right to vote. This was a few yrs ago but it's still on the books as far as I know. I still tease my husband and ask if he's bought any houses lately that I don't know about.

The bank said this was enacted at the time because so many women during that era were young widows who owned farms and there were men who married them and sold their property out from under them. The law actually surprised me because women didn't get the right to vote until the early 1900's, but they had THAT law on the books almost 100yrs earlier.

SnowWhite92
Rating
I don't know, but why is it that children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes in Massachusetts

Ladybug
Rating
What? In your back pocket?! As stupid as the one here that says you can tie your horse where he can't reach a watering trough.

tordeldordel
Rating
what if you forgot it was there and sat down? that would be sooooo disgusting.

Gangsta
Rating
To prevent someone from acting the fool.

UKdancer
Rating
1. dunno
2. why would u.. it would melt!

Virgo27
Because that's retarded.

hoponcop
that would be utah and you can not carrie it in your back pocket while driving a car

nice g
Is that true?I never knew that.

Scifi Boy
Rating
Actually, that is for Lexington, Ky. In the 1970's there were a alot of ice cream stores being robbed and they passed the law to help stop it. It is one of those silly laws that they passed, but never bothered to take off the books. I would say that if the police caught you with ice cream in your pocket now, they would do nothing.

starrwoode
cause horse thieves used that as a way to get someones horse to follow them home.

Anon omus
Rating
it is? wtf? wow, im gonna go to kentucky and put an icecream cone in my back pocket, then tear up my ticket! LOL!

trebor namyl hcaeb
Who cares?

?
Rating
Never heard of that one before. Besides why are you carrying an ice cream cone in your back pocket?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is this abuse? I don't know the law but I am pretty sure it is?
okay so 2day I my dad like freaked out at me cuz he found out that I had like helped my friends spraypaint my principals car I mean it wasn't like I was the one that was spraypainting I was just ...

Is the smoking ban a good thing.?
i agree with eating places, but pubs and clubs should be left to owners choice, and display a sign in the window by law, eg; smoking, none smoking. after all this is meant to be a free country,people ...

You think rehab will check for gender in urine if sent to lab?

If somebody pays somebody else to attack a person (me) can that person be prosecuted or only the attacker?
I think someone is trying to get me beaten up, but that person themselves wont be doing it, theyl be paying someone else to.

Can they be prosecuted for this, or can only the person they ...

If you had an accident and killed a person should you be arrested for manslaughter?
No DUI, nor speeding nor overt distractions (like cell phones, etc). Just someone breaks hard, you dont catch it that instant, and hit them.

Why is Brandy/Moesha being charged?...

Persons who show disrespect towards Our National Anthem must be given 5 years rigorous imprisonment?
Please comment on ...

I found the person who molested me as a child?
Can I tell people about it .can he sue me for slander, In Georgia. Atlanta area.can t prove it.hes a millionare buisness man.now.Thanks
Additional Details
the reason I say hes got money ,...

3 reasons why beers are better than women?

Is to drink under age a crime?

Have you ever?
been handcuffed, either in real or fake handcuffs, in front or in back?...

Is swearing in the workplace misconduct or gross misconduct?
My colleague has been suspended for using one profanity in the workplace, on one occasion. My colleague has not recieved feedback previously regarding this matter yet has now been invited to a ...

Where do you stand in the law if ?
you are walking down the street and you accidently kick a stone and it hits a car windscreen?...

How do i get a guy to quit harrassing me?
He left a threatening message on my phone and keeps harrassing my sister's boyfriend to tell him things about me...we want to do something about this before it gets worse but what do i do? The ...

Death penalty: Are you in agreement? Please just answer yes or no.Thanks?

Is this benefit fraud?
I know somebody, who is a single parent (apparently) who lives in a house owned by her dad. She has never paid rent to him, but she has applied for housing benefit saying that her dad charges her £500...

Death penalty......?
Who thinks we should bring back the death penalty for murderers and rapists?...

Marijuana.?
We are have a debate: Should pot should be legal or not? Personally i am against making it legal, but I wanted to see what other people may think.
Additional Details
it is a debate in ...

Why should marijuana be illegal, when alcohol is not?
Please don't tell me it's becuase its a "gateway drug" (becuase alchohol can be a "gateway drug" as well) or that it kills you or damages you any more then alcohol. give ...

Has Madonna abused British hospitality by bringing a Malawian child into our Country?

Why do you think people don't obey the law?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links