Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Why is it illegal to park on the front lawn of my property?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why is it illegal to park on the front lawn of my property?

Every time I park my car in the front lawn the parking enforcement comes and gives me a ticket. Is there a way to combat these or something?

wizjp
uh...I'd start with asking them what the parking regulations are that forbid your parking there.

Mutt
No, you can't fight this. These laws are to help you and your neighbors keep their property values from declining. If you park on your yard and kill your grass, it not only makes your property value go down, but so does your neighbors.

And, of course, property taxes are based on property value, so as the value goes down, so does the taxes collected.

Lisa A
Because your council or whatever government your area has passed a law saying it is illegal.

Homer
Rating
Because the rst of us don't want to live in the barrio

laughter_every_day
Parking regulations are local, not universal. You should check the ordinances of your town and find out if such parking is really prohibited. Many towns prohibit such parking under the guise of the laws of nuisance. The ticket has an ordinance number on it. Read the ordinance. You can see it at city hall, or the courthouse, or probably in your public library. If you don't like that ordinance, then run for city council or county commission on the platform of allowing people to park in their yards. Maybe someone will vote for you.

Sher
Rating
It isn't a parking law...it is a zoning law you are violating. Most towns have a zoning law that states you cannot park vehicles in your front yard. However, if you blacktop an area off of your driveway, it becomes part of your driveway and it is then ok.

There are even streets that you cannot park on.

The zoning laws in my town prohibit certain colors of paint for the exterior of your house...so consider yourself lucky, it could be worse.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Dog adoption policies and repossesion of the dog?
If I'm adopt a dog from a rescue that states I have to live in the area to adopt and says they do check ups on the dog for the lifetime of the dog and reserve the right to take the dog back ...

Is anyone a Notary Public In CT?
my question is where can u work? besides like a law firm....

What is the average sentence for double homicide under australian law?
what would the average sentece be for this crime, if there was no self defence involved?? and if there was?...

What is the procedure regarding Environmental Health?
A person has a problem with a Landlord and his refusal to carry out repairs that have dragged on for a number of years and as a last resort contacts the above
According to them It would take ...

Does an employer have the right to know why you were off sick?
I find it embarrassing for my employer to know all about my personal health problems even if I am off for a day or two I have to fill in a form stating why I was off, Is this legal in the UK?...

Who do you think should get the most severe punishment a Pedophile who molests one child?
or a drunk driver who hits a school bus and kills 35 children?...

Can any legal action be taken?
To start with, I don't want opinions on the matter, I just need realistic legal opinions.

3 days ago I was trying to come across marijuana for today (4-20) and while I was looking for ...

Is there even away to check status of a injured spouse file?

Having photo taken at work.?
hi all.
whilst working a group of people from a tool supplier started filming staff working on site.management had only informed staff 1 hour before work begun and did not ask for consent to ...

Why did the Department of Homeland Security link returning veterans with terrorism?

My Evidence has Disappeared?
I have a pending court case. I unfortunately lost the text that I was going to use as proof in court. I have contacted my service provider with a view of getting the text back but they said it is ...

Will a juvenile record on me being mentally instituted (13 & 17yrs old) prevent me from owning a gun?
There was no court order, it was by my parents & I have a clean record. Is there a way to show & let them know that I'm Stable? Is there a psych test? I want to get into Law Enforcement (...

Transfer of property to heir?
I am looking for information on how to transfer property of my deceased aunt/uncle. Registered owner is aunt expired in 2007 later uncle expired on 2008 survived by only son. Since their is no Will ...

Obama said everyone deserves a 2nd chance(regarding abortions) what about felons? Discrimination affects us 2!?
During one of President Elect Obama's speeches regarding abortion, I may have his exact wording wrong so I apologize of I do, he stated that he believes that everyone is capable of making ...

If a wealthy dead ancestor died but had no one around him to give his money to..?
..because they were in different countries and this was a good 200 years ago, so the US government took it instead. Would you be able to sue them for it back?...

At banks in Australia do they show the security footage to victims of atm fraud?
Do they need to show you, or do they make the decision themselves whether its you or not (in order to get your money back)?...

What paid/unpaid breaks am I entitled to ?
My hours are 8.30am - 5.30pm.

At the moment we are entitled to one 1/2 "lunch" break & 2 15 min lunch breaks - but no one ever takes them. Is this the minimum we are ...

How to protect myself if someone know my social security number ?
and what can he actually do with it ??...

Help - What are my rights? (UK)?
I came to this country 9 years ago with a travel document. My application to be a british citizen is still continuing. But until I know I have indefinate leave in this country and I am allowed to ...

Is there a website I can look up public records for free to see if I am still married?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, July 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links