Why is it illegal to tear up money?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why is it illegal to tear up money?

Esther S
Why is it legal to shoot you?

Same answer--It isn't.

Keith
Rating
The law against defacing money forbids altering the money and then trying to spend it. Tearing up money is the same as saving the money and never planning on spending it. Absolutely nothing wrong with it (legally, maybe not so smart financially).

adam
Rating
Because it's essentially government property. You are just "borrowing" it.

steve r
It is not illegal to tear up money

Trevor
i have no answer

allornothing
Because instead of tearing it you should deposit it to my bank account

Give me secession
Rating
Well, it is pretty hard to tear up a gold or silver coin, that is the only thing me and my state constitution recognizes as money.

Rusty
because the dollar is worth lets say X amount on the global market vs the euro that is worth y ...... imagine if there were only 10 dollars in the USA and only 5 euros in Europe now you tear one to pieces now there are 10 dollars which makes the dollar worth less

~TREASURE~
Rating
Adam is right

some call me.......... Tim
Rating
umm i didn't know it was but couldn't they just print more

geminigirl2020
Rating
it could be a few things.. wasting the $, $ becomes useless if it can't be taped back together, lol have had to do that b4, it can't be put back in to circuit after it is taped (after the bank gets a hold of it, it is taken back to get burned)..

not saying these are true, just things that would make sense to me on why..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should youth justice seek to reform or to punish the offender?
any help appreciated, using this for ...

Child Support (State of Indiana) need help?
Last week we were buying everything for our wedding, this week he no longer wants to be a family. I suppose only a part time dad? I am worried about how my daughter and i are going to make it. How ...

The Maryland assembly passed what to preserve rights of catholics to worship?

Is a parenting plan still in effect while dad is in prison?
My ex and I divorced 10 years ago and since then he has had regular visitation with our son who is now 13.
He became a felon during our marriage, one of the many disputes that led to our ...

What do you think about the immigration law Arizona passed?
Are you for or against it? And your reasons for your position?...

Should the teacher in Florida, who was discussing her disbelief in God with her students be fired?

Can you get rid of a restraining order that your parents put on your boyfriend?
I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 17. My dad hates him for no reason. He's never harmed me in anyway, my dad just doesn't like him at all. Can I get rid of the restraining order on my own?...

Has it always been illegal to ride cargo trains?
I'm talking about USA born citizens riding the cargo trains to get places.

What's the punishment if caught?...

Should gambling be banned?
We live in a supposedly moral, sophisticated society so why do we still allow gambling?
I live in the U.K. and in any town or village there is always a place to gamble. Is there any benefit to ...

what fines and penalties are there when you are convicted of the zero tolerance law in Delaware?

what is the first question on the voters registration form?
and on the student loan form? the first is name of student. the second is PRIMARY residence. then comes another question. if a student claims a residence other than the parents or home for more ...

Is it legal for my employer to fire me for exessive vomitting?
I tend to vomit quite a bit. Usually after eating and when I am nervous. This means I end up barfing three to four times a day at work. My boss says the smell is revolting and reaches far beyond the ...

why cant we enforce our laws?
Its so simple it astounds me how simple this issue is and they are still fighting over it, yikes. Remember that guy from Connecticut who tried to blow up Time Square? Yeah he was a citizen, but ...

In Oklahoma, what are the possible punishments for running a red light?
Where no injuries occured....

why are american's obsessed with suing?
every time theres a problem its like the first thing that comes into their heads is "sue"
are courts over there a joke to allow this?...

Looking for cheap car insurance in South Carolina?
I am from Utah and just moved to the beach. me and my husband's driving record is not exactly clean, his has a few things, mine had had nothing for 3 years, but not sure how far back they go. A...

Can You Be Executed For Not Directly Murdering Someone... Felony Murder?
In cases of murder by proxy (contract killing) or being convicted under the felony murder rule... can one be executed for it.

I was wondering what happens in cases where people don't ...

Should California pedophiles be sentenced to lifetime exile on Santa Cruz Island?
Is this a second chance just to start over again on shore distant from everything else?
The island could return to previous ranching culture and sufficiency. An Alcatraz without
ferry ...

Is this a restraining order violation?
My sister finally left an abusive relationship after 10 years of marriage last August. Moving from California to Iowa with their year and a half old son. He followed her out there and she eventually (...

where to report police corruption?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links