Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Would you shoot and kill someone for tresspassing into your yard and taking a bike ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Would you shoot and kill someone for tresspassing into your yard and taking a bike ?

I seriuosly would .
Additional Details
crimanals dont have rights. First my bike , what next my son ?

Iggy
Make sure no one is looking, drag the body into the house and then call 911.

starcrssdlover
Rating
Merry Christmas to you too!!

DOOM
Rating
No. I don't think I would like prison.

arthompson0705
no why would you kill over a bike?? It is just a thing - it is not worth a life.

Right all the time!
Rating
Yes, because I have no idea what other crimes this individual is willing to commit while they are trespassing on my property. They may want to kill me so I don't turn them in. Who knows.... One thing is for sure that I know and that the law in my state says that I can shoot them for trespassing and that I WON"T go to prison. So if someone wants to commit a crime against me on my property, THEY sure need to be ready to deal with the consequences I have in store for them and that the law will back me on. Either the better run REALLY fast or they will end up --- DEAD MEAT!!!

zucchinisisback
Rating
Demonic by name, demonic by nature, eh?

How can you possibly compare the value of a human life to that of a bike?

m_knobel
Rating
live in texas, its legal here, as well as in your car.

mimi
Rating
i seriously felt like you did last year when the creep down the street stole my kids gifts. i told myself that he must need them more than me and i felt sorry for him because karma was going to bite him in the asss. hopefully tomorrow some of your neighbors will have seen something and can lead you in the right direction. good luck.
patrick g...i disagree. i don't care if you live in TX...you will spend time in prison. you only have a right to shoot and kill someone if your life is in danger.

peacemunga
Depends if it was my Harley or my BMX bike? if they go for the Harley theyll get at least 2 slugs in the as s, if its the BMX bike only 1 shot to the as s.

♪Tiane
Rating
OMG!

nope... I would call the police.

Silly World
Then you get bike thieves who might as well use a gun for protection
Why America has a gun problem

T-Bone
To answer your question;

I would not shoot to kill, shoot to wound maybe but one thing is for sure. The person would never steal anything else your way that is for sure.

Will The Typical White Person
I'd say freeze or I'll shoot, they don't freeze they get shot especially if I have " NO TRESPASSING " signs already posted. America doesnt have a GUN problem, Had some of the students and teachers had guns at Virginia Tech maybe the lives lost would still be with us..

arch0049
No. Tresspassing and theft on your land are not felonies. Further, in my state Minnesota, you are going to have to articulate why used so much force when you were not in danger of death or great bodily harm. Odds are you would end up in prison yourself.

ladyellei
a bike? You don't have insurance do you?

여사 밑바닥 헌납자
I don't have a gun, but I would shoot them a dirty look.

ms chris brown
Rating
I would maybe. I would if the bike cost me a lot of money. If I didn't give a **** about it, then I wouldn't.

john e
No, you don't have a right to shoot to protect property.

Delta V
Of course not..! And whoever did shoot a bike thief would find themselves in the slammer real quick.

InspirAsian © Mitchell Myers
violence is not the answer.ha.

evans_michael_ya
Rating
The laws differ by state. In mine, this is permissible. Yes, I'd defend my property with lethal force. Thieves will find no mercy from me.

Edit: Many on here feel a bike isn't worth a human life, yet the thief would disagree. The thief, as the aggressor, has decided his life is worth less to him than my property. Why should I disagree with his summation? I, too, value my property above the lives of those who wish to unlawfully seperate me from what's mine.

Eskim0youl
You have the right to. They are tresspassing in your land.

Patrick G
Yeap, sure would. And contrary to the answers above, luckily I live in a state where it is legal to defend your property with lethal force.

I wouldn't spend a day in prison.

Buster Vainamoinen
Rating
I don't think that deadly force is indicated for a bike theft.

I could be wrong.

Elaine N
Rating
for just a bike? that'd be too much for me... if they were already leaving my front yard with the bike, i wouldn't grab a gun and run out there and shoot them, it'd be too cruel. i'd just call the police. a bike is not that much money either and a life is not the same value as a bike. maybe i'd get the gun and shoot at them, but not kill them, only if the bike was made out of diamonds and was worth thousands of dollars though.

still.. maybe they really needed the bike. people make mistakes in their life, things that they will probably will regret later. maybe they don't really mean to hurt you.. everybody has their reasons etc. etc. and you don't know their life, so why would you kill them over one little thing like a bike? that is so cruel

**dang, already two thumbs down? i guess people really just want to kill people they don't know.. -____-

lettt''ssss seee.. uhh.. how about you have a friend.. and your friend was dared to go run and grab a bike from a neighbor's house.. and he died. shot dead by the owner. just over 1 fking bike worth 70 bucks only. your friend made a mistake and died without having a second chance. isn't that sad?? .___. not getting to ya? would you enjoy shooting people?

ohhh, i see... what the hell. why would the same person who wants a bike want your son too? he can sell both on ebay or something? flee market? if somebody comes after your son then shoot them.. for a bike then it's just no.

boo
Rating
ii would only if my life or my husband or stepsons life was in danger. i would first call the cops an let them do their job before i took it in to my own hands unless they threatened me or my family.

forgivebutdonotforget911
Did you have a sign posted saying "No Trespassing?"

Does you state allow you to use lethal force to defend property? Many states do not.

Now that you posted this, you have show premeditation in your actions. Just what the DA and plaintiff's lawyer need to really clobber you.

Way to go slick.

poopsie
the bike is not worth killing over, but if possible catch and wait for the cops, and sometime's it starts with just a bike and can lead into, you being unsafe!!!! get a stun gun, and a big dog

Return of Bite My Shiny Metal...
Sure. Ridding the world of one more criminal is a public service.

StressedLawStudent
Rating
No. A bike isn't worth someone's life.

gunner
hell yeah, they on my mother fuckin property fuck that nigga in the ass.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why don't we use Lie-Detector tests on criminals ?
Instead of a judge and jury. I understand that lie-detector tests are only right 99.999...% of the time but surely they can assist a verdict. And people can be bribed and swayed. If someone, for ...

Ex boyfriend left or gave me household items now after 4 yrs wants them back including clothes he left?
now he is taking me to court even over a pepper grinder !!!!!!!...

I am a single mother and have just been informed that the father will get joint parental resposibility?
But how can they let a man, who has been a vicious bully to myself, I have got over that, but more importantly his 4 year old son have any rights. The father is a regular cannibbis smoker, and yes it ...

Can a woman request child support for children that are not his?
I have a friend that has two young boys and is getting a divorce. She met her current husband while she was pregnant with the second child. Both boys, obviously, are not her husband's ...

What do you think about the legalization of Gay marriage in California?
Do you accept and support this, or do you condemn and abhor it. How do you think this will affect the future of Gay rights for the United States? Will other states follow California's path? How ...

Is Suicide Illegal? You can't punish someone who's dead, and a failed suicide isn't suicide. What say You?

What is your dream country to live in, and why?
ive always wondered about this. where other people want to be!!...

What is the silliest thing that someone has sued over?

I just went to donate blood today, but because i'm gay, i wasnt allowed to. IS THAT LEGAL!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can police go in home with no warrant?
in my question earlier i failed to say that his 16 year old daughter did NOT let them in ... she heard a knock and unlocked the door assuming it was us but NEVER said come in !...

I got my friend arrested and now feel guilty?
I was in Harvey Nichols with a friend yesterday and and we were trying on clothes that we couldn't afford. The problem was that I saw this fantastic argyle sweater, and knew that I HAD to have ...

What would happen if California broke away from America?
California by itself is larger than France. loll.
We make all the movies that the whole country watches.
We legalize medical weed but we ban smoking indoors and soon all the other states ...

Have you ever STALKED someone?

Additional Details
no, i'm not a stalker and i've never been ...

I had my husband arrested for assault and it now has to go to court i want to drop the charges do i still go?
Do i still have to go to court if i want to drop the charges against him and we already have a court ...

Should smoking be made illegal?
the government want people to stop smoking why just not make it illegal? i know its unlikely as they would loose millions in tax but they would loose that money anyway if people stop by themselfs. ...

I was arrested the other night with 23 grams of marijuana in alabama. I also had some paraphenalia, any time?
I also had some papers, a one hitter, and a dugout. Will I do time?...

Legally can a hospital refuse to take a patient?
My mother was taken to an emergency room with a head injury. The ER/hospital didn't have a head trauma unit and began making the necessary calls to transfer her to another hospital. After an ...

Do you think banning smoking in resturants is unconstitutional?
i think it is, in the constitution, it says that government can't mess with business, and now the government is telling us that we have to go 15 feel away from any window door or air intake? ...

What nationality is my daughter?
my daughter was born last october in London but I am french and my husband dual french/algerian.we have been in the UK for 11 and 10 years respectively.my husband got permanent residence since ...

Do I have a case against the Mars company?
I want to sue them for false advertising. I recently found a fun sized bag of M&Ms on my desk at work. Well, i was like, OOH! M&Ms!. However, upon reaching the last M&M, I realized that I ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links