Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

i hit a parked car and drove away, now i get a call about it?
Find answers to your legal question.

i hit a parked car and drove away, now i get a call about it?

okay so 2 weeks ago i hit a parked car in the middle of the road. i got out of my vehicle, checked to see if there were any damages, and they weren't THAT bad, so I just drove off. now 2 weeks later the police called me and said that they have an anonymous complaint for a hit and run on that street.

what should i do so that i dont get in trouble for this? how do i get out of this situation without confessing?!?!

i dont have any money so i cannot confess to the crime! and i certainly do not want to go to jail

Sally
If someone saw you do it, (which they must have or the cops wouldn't have gotten your phone number) aka: recognized you or got your license plate number, then you can't get out of it since there was a witness unless they decide not to testify against you.

Btw, it dosn't matter how bad the damage is. It's the same charge for a ding as it is if you totalled their car. Unless someone was hurt or killed, then it's alot worse.

Emmy123
Rating
You shouldn't get out of it. You did hit and run. Why should you get out of it now?

Cptainamer
I assume from your question that you didn't have insurance either, Here come the Judge.....

Crazy
Rating
You should have left a note.
Take responsibility for YOUR actions.

Jessica
lol. You're SCREWED!

Pregnant with baby # 2
Rating
What a disgusting thing to do. If you can't be a responsible driver then don't drive at all.

SoccerRefToo
Rating
Just

They got your license from a witness. Case closed. It is hit and run, don't make it worse by telling a lie. If you have insurance this is what it is for. If you don't, make arrangements to make restitution. You got know way to go but down. The harder you fight it the worse, and more expensive it is going to get!

Soccerref

Jan
Rating
You damaged someone's property and then drove away like a coward.
You will get in trouble,what you did was considered hit and run. You won't go to jail,but you may lose your license and have to pay for all the damage you caused to the others persons car.

swingoutsister
Rating
Maybe you got out of your car to check for damage but didn't see any. Hopefully you are insured. You hit, you pay.

Julia S
Rating
Sorry, but you're already in trouble. This is a matter of not getting into worse trouble. Say that you didn't notice any damage so you didn't think it was necessary to leave information. Apologize and provide your insurance information.

jmpotts17
well most likely there were no cameras or anything to actually pin the crime on you so you should be good,make sure to remove any dents, scratches, and or excess paintfrom your car and touch up the scratches and you should be ight

robert
i need to know how things went for you

samsung63
I've had the same thing happen ,icy conditions and skated into a parked car ,a month or so later I get a letter from the police asking if I'm the driver of my vehicle and were you at the place and time e.t.c. I'm now in contact with the owner of the damaged car which I thought had little or no damage and why I left the scene ,if I pay for the damage could I get away with it ?

samsung63
I've had the same thing happen ,icy conditions and skated into a parked car ,a month or so later I get a letter from the police asking if I'm the driver of my vehicle and were you at the place and time e.t.c. I'm now in contact with the owner of the damaged car which I thought had little or no damage and why I left the scene ,if I pay for the damage could I get away with it ?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can you sue a state for harassment?
Two and a half years ago, we paid the state of Virginia $7600 in state taxes ($7370 through payroll deduction and the remaining $230 through Liberty Tax who does our returns). We got a notice from ...

How can I gain partial custody of my son?
The mother of my son will do anything in her power to limit me to just supervised visitation rights with my 8 month old son. She wont even let me drive him in a car. I need more than that. Right now, ...

The methods of law making within the united kingdom?
have a assignment where it says compare and contrast the methods of law making, help ...

I ruined a really good pair of shoes because it wasn't supposed to rain. Can I sue channel 7?

Should we be allowed by law to charge Doctors for the time we spend over and above our scheduled appointments?
I have had to wait at times, 2 hours past my appointment time because the arrogant Doctor spends his time talking to his staff and basically screwing off before he sees his patients.
Additional ...

Q&A: You go to a nice restaurant & find a roach in your food..You inform management that you'll be suing.?
To keep you quiet they offer you $100,000. Do you continue to go forward with the lawsuit or are you satisfied with the "HUSH MONEY"?
Additional Details
Let's not use y!a ...

Question about child support (Texas)?
My ex wife makes $17 an hour and collects child support from another individual and is remarried. I make $10.20 and hour and by the time my taxes and child support are taken out of my check I bring ...

Is it illegal to write essays for money?
I'm great at, and enjoy writing essays, but I don't know anyone who does. Can I make money off this talent of mine? Is it illegal?
Additional Details
So if I write an essay ...

How do I go about legally getting slaves to work for me?
I would like to make more money, how do I go about doing this?...

Would this case hold up in small claims...?
My former friend "Sarah" has a big mouth. She's always screaming at people, picking fights, and thinking it's funny when people get angry with her. Last week we were at the ...

Can my parents legally kick me out?
I'm 17 year old female living in Texas. My parents are extremely strict that i have a 9 pm curfew. Yesterday i got hit in the face by my father a couple times for coming an hour late...and hes ...

What if you were approved initially but have your employer contest your benifits, do you pay it back?
I was approved for unemployment by the state that i live in, however now my former employer is contesting that decision because they disagree with the state's reasoning. If it is not found on ...

Can child chose which parent to live with in the state of KY?
Hi!
I am a 16 year old girl that lives in Kentucky.
My parents have been divorced since I was 3.
Currently I am thinking about moving in with my father, who is right now stationed in S...

Can I sue food basics for this? Help please?
Today I went to food basics and I was walking through the produce area and something got caught around my feet and iwas one of those packaging plastic things that are like a hoop. I fell very hard ...

Can someone on ebay rate you poorly just because you rated them poorly?
I bought a product from someone who false advertised. When I got the product I contacted them asking for a refund, they refused, so I gave them a poor rating. They then gave me a poor rating back, ...

Is this illegal?! Can we get in trouble for this?
If my boyfriend is told not to see me by his parents, but he does anyway. Like what if he trys to run away and move in at my mother house? What if he just up and leaves to come stay with my mother, ...

Inheritance chief executive question?
So basically I get half of my grandmother's house when she dies and her sisters get the other half.. I know my name comes on the house first if that means anything.

Anyway,They are ...

drug test for pre employment?
The employer said that they will call me when the forms come in for the drug testing but i havent heard back from them in 5 days. Does this usually happen for drug testing before you get employed? W...

Is it against the law to just hand out someone's phone number?
Like, if I just put out someone else's phone number on the Internet or just gave it to random stranger's as a prank.....is that illegal?...

can you leave two minors home alone in florida and go out of the state?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links