Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

would it be legal to carry a sulphuric acid spray as a form of self defense?
Find answers to your legal question.

would it be legal to carry a sulphuric acid spray as a form of self defense?

i realized that a sulphuric acid spray would be much more effective than pepper spray, but is it legal??

Bob B
Rating
The legality of any self-defence equipment varies depending on your state and/or country. Regardless of the legality, though, no court will look kindly on you if you used something like sulfuric acid as a weapon, considering the damage it causes.

There's also the risk that your assailant could fight back and get some of the acid on you as well, so it's not even an advisable self-defence mechanism anyway.

High Plains Drifter
NO, NO and NO. That stuff at 50% dilution would kill the person b4 the ambulance could even get their. You would literally melt their face off. I would be willing to use it on child molesters though in the groin area.

S
Rating
No, spraying acid on a person is not legal unless you are in a life and death situation. Even then, however, the deck is stacked against you because the court can use it as evidence that you were out looking for a fight. Furthermore, spraying acid on someone can give horribly disfiguring scars on people which can be used against you to sway a jury. Pepper spray, however, is effective AND does not do any permanent damage.

Seriously, forget the acid spray and stick with pepper spray or enough sense to avoid situations that may require you to use either.

TitoBob
Rating
I hope not!

Kelle
Rating
No It would be considered an illegal weapon. Pepper spray isn't even allowed in all States.

Jamie
Rating
no it would not be legal..

paul7313
Rating
why not- cheaper than a tazer

Diana B
Rating
Anything that can be used to inflict harm would be considered a weapon, and you would face arrest and prosecution.

charlessmith702210@sbcglobal.net
It would not. Sulfuric acid, because of its very high temperature upon burning, can cause permanent damage to your eyes or even permanent blindness, so it is generally illegal to carry on one's person in almost all jurisdictions.

scruffycat
What kind of container would you carry it in?

**EDIT**
I think you'd have to figure out how to safely carry it, before you had to worry about its legality. Sulphuric acid eats right through metal.

Hishika
Rating
uh no. maybe carry mace+a stun gun and an alarm

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

can you get a pardon on a misdemeanor drug charge in ga to have firearm rights restored or is that right remov?
I was 18 and charged with possion Less than an OZ, Im now 47, Can I never have a firearm lic because of this?...

Should the Congress have used the Civil War amendments to the Constitution to pass civil rights laws . . .?
instead of the Commerce Clause? Would this have been a firmer legal ground on which to base the laws?...

What is the issue regarding Obama's . . .?
Social Security number and Selective Service registration? I saw something about it, but no details....

civil liability for theft?
section 604.14? does this mean i have to pay 604 dollars? i know stupid question. or will i just have to pay 50 dollars until i go to court? it says 50 dollars at this time. and how long do i have to ...

Daughter's name change.......?
My daughter is 13 and wants to change her surname from that of my Ex-husbands to incorporate my maiden name which i am going back to - so it would be {her name} [my maiden name ]-present surname.

If the President or a Senator commits a felony, can they be arrested and removed from office?

Is it a felony to commit fraud in the US.?
If someone claimed to go to a University and have a degree from it, but did not, would that be
a felony fraud?...

Is an employee handbook worth anything more than the paper it is typed on?
We are in California. My husbands job just sent out a memo referencing certain pages in the employee handbook. Yet on other issues that are beneficial to my husband they ignore. Can we hold the ...

arizona new immigration law?
What do you guys think about this law, and why are they only checking mexicans for papers because there are other people that are illegal and are not ...

Is it illegal to write your name in...?
Is it illegal to write your name or print in cement?...

Special Questions about shoplifting (In Canada)?
Hi all

I was caught at shoplifting (First time) in New Brunswick, Canada

I receive an "appearance notice issued by a peace officer to a person not yet charged with an ...

I keep hearing about people not paying......?
their fair share when it comes to income taxes. Usually it's directed at the wealthy. Wouldn't it be fair if we had a flat tax (say 15-17%) so that everyone would then pay income tax? D...

A question about Unions?
It has been argued on Y!A and other places that Unions and labor laws are necessary, and without them businesses and government would just take advantage of poor workers. Unflagging support of labor ...

Evicted from my house, can they do this?
I came home from picking up my daughters from nursery today, and I found the door to my house sitting open, and all my stuff lying out in the street. I parked the car and asked what was going on. M...

in California, can my boss require me to punch in/out far away from where I work?
I currently work in an office at a campsite (160 acres) and my boss is requiring that I punch in/out in the Dining Hall, which is far away from the office. It just seems like a waste of my time, and ...

Why do MIL's not like their daughter in laws?

Do I need to fill out a satisfaction of judgment?
Last year I sued my ex-boyfriend for a loan he never paid back. I won my case in small claims court and proceeded with an execution of property and income. To make a long story short, the sheriff ...

How long does someone have to press charges of assault against someone else?
Also, if no witnesses or bruises, isn't it just one person's word against another?...

are landlords required to provide a fire extinguisher in tn?
we have lived in our apartment complex since november. We did the walk through when we moved in and I noticed that there is only one smoke detector, on the 2nd floor although it looks as though there ...

Can a child still go to juvenile detention if they are mental?
Like if they have a problem with stealing cause i was talking to my childs' probation officer my child is 14 yrs old and the probation officer said she should see a therapist which she is going ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links