Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Can a person with dementia sign legal documents?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a person with dementia sign legal documents?

Bren
Rating
it depends if they have been assessed as not having the mental capacity or not. once they are diagnosed ur usually advised to have a power of attorney drawn up. if the person is not capable of understanding this then u can apply to the court of protection to be appointed attorney

nate
yeah, they'll sign anything...they're crazy...

just kidding. if anybody wanted to challenge it, it wouldn't hold up in court

pmt853
No. You need to get them signed on their behalf by someone with lasting power of attorney. If they don't have anyone with power of attorney, and aren't able to give meaningful consent to appointing someone, you will probably have to apply to the Court of Protection.

Curtis H
Sound mind and body is quite correct. Is it diagnosed however and on record? If not it may stand up in court if contested.

C

OriginalBubble
No

Shane
Rating
Absolutely not. It would be null and void.

bud
No, they should have a power of attourney to sort there paperwork out.

Jamie W
The law requires a signatory to be of 'sound mind and body' so a person with full stage dementia would not be a valid signatory.

Schatz
No for certain

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can I sue for wrongful termination?
I was fired b/c a manger who hates me lied and said I was reading a newspaper. I was given unemployment and my employer contested it. I won in court and they found that I was due my unemployment. I ...

Can an employer turn down an offer of employment due to positive results on a drug screen if I have a script?
I have a perscription for medical pot. If I take a pre employment drug test that shows positive for pot, but I have a valid perscription for it, can the employers still refuse to employ me?...

Lawyers are not allowed to defend people they are not guilty?
I'm getting two different stories. One is that in some lawyer jobs, like for the state, lawyers have to defend people they know are not guilty. Then, I heard somewhere else that lawyers are not ...

Can an employer cut your wages just becuase you are on light duty?
I have a friend that works at a local food lion and she was injured on the job. She is now on light duty and they have cut her wages back. can they do this?...

Can I suie my employer for wrongful termination if I was there less than a year?

With a background check what would disqualify me from employment?
Its for a state agency, I want to know what they look for....

Does anyone know where I can get free legal advise? I feel like I was discriminated against at work.?

I get paid less than mininum wage, but I'm on salary.?
Is that legal? I live in California, and I get paid salary. However, when I do the math and divide the hours by the amount I am paid per paycheck, it is less than minium wage. Can my employer do ...

Background check?
I was just wondering if Managers really do check the background education before hiring? like do they call your school.. and ask if u really graduated ?

Or just make sure u pass the drugg ...

By Law can a dress code for work include?
making a woman wear high heels????? I did not think it was allowed and neither do my colleagues.
Additional Details
I would like to add, the job is not as a stripper!!!! It is actually ...

How Old Do You Have To Be To Do A Paper Round??? =D?
My Younger Brother Is Twelve And He Wants Some Extra Money!!! Where We Live That Is The Only Job He Can Do!!! So By Any Chance Do You Think That He Will Be Able To Get A Paper Round At Twelve???

What can an employer put in a refernce?
As I have recently left my job where I had problems with the Team Leader.she basically didnt get on with me and made claims which I proved when I left with evicence was all rubbish yet in my refernce ...

What should i do if my manager is accusing me of stealing money from my work place?
My manager and area manager are accusing me of stealing money from my workplace, but there is no evidence that i have, it is becoming to a point that i dont even enjoy going to work no more, because ...

Can my boss refuse to pay me?
I worked at a small business for only three weeks. I was fired for not coming into work on day I was never scheduled for. It was up in the air as to wether I would take on some days for another ...

I want to go to law school, but I don't want to be the type of lawyer that go in front of court to win a case.
Are there other types of lawyers that don't necessarily deal with disputing a problem in court? Or can law school get someone in other career fields?...

How long does it take for a background check to be completed?What are they looking for on the background check
I APPLIED FOR A JOB @ KOOL SMILES
Additional Details
I had the interview on Fri....

Do I have a good law suit here?
Over the summer I've been involved with a relationship with my female boss. It ended recently and I suggested she tell her husband and she did. Now today she called me in to tell me that we ...

If you lied..?
if you lied about your age to get a job, and you got it. when the employer asks for your social security number so you can get paid, will they see that you lied about your age through your social ...

IS IT true that many people just see & ignore violation of laws until it affects them directly & personally???
I am not commenting or blaming or imputing any group of people or any body but asking to know views of people.
IS it true that many times many people just see & ignore violation of laws by ...

Do you enjoy your job or is it just a means to earn an paycheck?
The truth now . . ....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, December 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links