Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Can an arrest (no conviction) be held against you for employment in California?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can an arrest (no conviction) be held against you for employment in California?

I am interviewing for a job with a govt entity in California, and I was just told my Dept of Justice Live Scan is on "delay" status. The only thing that I can think would cause this, is when I was 16 I was arrested for petty theft, but rather than be processed through the courts, I was offered a diversion program through the police dept. I completed the diversion program (1o counseling sessions), however once I heard there was a delay in my DOJ clearance, I've investigated and found out that the completion paperwork was never sent to the police dept. The diversion program is now disbanded, and the records cannot be located (police dept pointing fingers at probation, and vice versa)

Anyhow, what I'm trying to ask is if this arrest will prevent me from getting this job with the County (in California) This is not necessarily a "high profile" job like in law enforcement or home health care, which have more scrutiny around your past, but I've never been arrested of anything since, hence my fear.

HELP!

Almond
Even if you were a juvenile, your arrest record will follow you. But, you can easily have that record sealed. Just go to the court clerk and file for non-disclosure, it will cost around $200 to $300 to file. However, an attorney is not necessary.

sylvia_jean_m
Rating
usually the only thing that would hold a person back would be a conviction. i would work on getting that cleared. usually a minor's records sealed when they become 18. maybe it is a clerical problem. don't have a stroke. wait. they will tell you soon enough what the hold up is. if they do know about it, try to talk to them about it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I work a night shift in a supermarket should i be able to leave the premises during the night for my break ?
we are told we are not to leave the premises due to security reasons do we have a right to leave the building during our break?...

What can happen if I don't pay my seller fees on eBay?
I still have yet to pay my seller fees. I don't have the money and have been trying to delete my account. I deleted my Paypal already?
What can Ebay do, if I don't pay them? Can they ...

Does the owner of a law firm have to be a lawyer?

BECOMING A LAWYER WITHOUT LAW SCHOOL?
I cant afford law school .But i want to be a ...

Legal Question for lawyers about lawyers?
My Father died, had no bills,house and personal belongs is all, all siblings agree on everything in writing. Estate has been in probate for over 2 yrs now. Is this to long? And if so is this lawyer ...

Attorneys and lawyers do you like your position?
are there any lawyers out there that once they became lawyers then realized that the job was not what they thought it was and are unsatisfied with their career move?...

What are some jobs I can do after I get my pre-law undergrad degree (all before law school)?
all this before law school

Safeway union question?
safeway union question?
I am new employee in safeway. I have a question regarding their union... Is it automatically deduct in your paycheck? or how does it work?

Thanks.....

Is it legal to conceal a pay - display window in a shop from the customer.?
Our local shop has been taken over by a "chain" and the pay - display window is not visible to the customer, so you have to rely on the sales person to tell you what you have to pay....

What would happen if my best friend was to dob in her husband for dealing drugs?
She has asked him to stop but the money is too good so he wont, if she rang the cops on him would he have to find out that it was her? Would he go to jail if it is his first drug offence? A...

How to protect legally a book in social sciences? Thanks.?

I'm Majoring in Finance as an Undergrad, Can I Go to Law School Afterward?
I'll graduate from Penn State, do I have the chance to get to Harvard Law School?...

How do I find out where in my area legal secretary classes/seminars are being held? Please help NOW; because?
Because my securing a new job may be due to my follow up on this issue (he won't care where I found the info, only that I did, you know?). So I need to find out who, where, when for SAN MATEO, CA...

NEED HELP GETTING aROUND A BACKGROUND CHECK?
i just got convicted of a class c felony in alabama in july. i just offered a job with carmax financial through a temp agency.. im really scared because i moved to another state for this job and i ...

Applying for a security guard position with an arresst record with no conviction , do i have a chance ?
i was arrested for shoplifting , which was false but the evidence was pretty much substantial to prosecute me...which they did....i talked with my lawyer and he made a deal....30hrs community serv.......

What is the route to becoming a solicitor in the UK, if I do not have a Law degree?
And how long will it take?
How much will it cost?

Thanks a lot....

How many years of college and university is needed to become a paralegal in canada?
I want to study something with law, but not necesarily be the one in charge of the whole case like a lawyer, the one people will blame if they lose the case.I was thinking of a legal assistant. Is it ...

How do I interpret what is meant by a "Voluntary" affirmative action form?
I applied for a job with a ton of loaded questions on the application and right after I received an email from HR asking me to complete a "Voluntary" affirmative action form with the word ...

As a salary employee, how what constitutes Paid Time Off? ?
A. Is it when I miss work for an entire day?
B. Is it when I go under the 40 hours? (39 hours, so 1 hour PTO)
C. When missing anytime during the standard work schedule?
D. Other (P...

What are some good online colleges for a paralegal major?
Definite 10 points, help me out people :D...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links