Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Can an employer fire you for calling in even though you have a doctors note ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can an employer fire you for calling in even though you have a doctors note ?

cutekara34
Rating
No, not at all. You are only required to present a note if you have been absent from work for 3 or more days. If they fire you and you had a legitimate medical reason for missing work, you can sue them for wrongful discharge.

mom02
I quit my job because in the last month i have been written up 4 times for attendence frist time was due to fact i was 1 miute layee to wrk 5 times and was sick 1 day 2nd time i was written up my son was hospitalized i asked for pto timr to be in hospital with him they demird it and i received a write up him in hosp was out of my control then i received a write up today because my husband called and sd my son was missing in school sd principle had called my son has seizures i thought he might have had one i left wrk and went back i was gone for 1 hour until my son was located i received another write up one more time late wd have been terminated i felt they were making me choose between child and job

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is involuntary time-off fair?

My chances of getting a job with a record :/?
Well i have a record at 14 for getting arrested for shoplifting. and im 15 soon to be 16. and i wanna apply for a few jobs since i desperately need money. will places hire be the item i stole was $3. ...

Unfair......................
ok i was let go in december witout any pay and been owed a few weeks wages due to no work available and the understanding that if more came up in the new year id be back working well more came up but ...

Where can I get experience in the law?
I am 15 and hoping to peruse a career in Law, hopefully family law. As I am only 15 is there anyway for me to get some knowledge or hands on experience with family law or any type?
Also I'...

Is it legal to work for free at 13 years old in Michigan, United States?
When I use the word 'work' it sounds like child labor laws would prevent that. However, I'm 13 years old and want to work, even if it is for free. I know that at 14 years old, I can ...

Can my employer legally take away from my vacation time due to an old error on their end?
I started my job over a year ago with a benefit of 3 weeks of vacation.
Out of nowhere, my employer announces to me this week that they had made a mistake when they first hired me and ...

$1000 DOLLARD to fill and send N-600 form!!?
that's right a lawyer in charging ,me 1000 dollars just to fill and send the n-600 form, this form is used to make kids under 18, US citizens,
isn't it a ridiculous amount of money , ...

What are some late night jobs?
I am currently a law student and in a few weeks will be working as a law clerk. Unfortunately this position is unpaid. I need a job that I can work at night to keep my bills from piling up. Any ...

Im a convicted murderer i got out last week can i get a job?
Im a convicted killer,I am disappointed in myself for what i did that night and im glad was caught but i do not regret it. I got out of prison last week after 16 years behind bars, i am 40 and ...

Is this legal or not!?
I was wondering if it would be legal/ get away with selling stuff outside gig/concert venues.

You always see the touts etc flogging tickets and also people flogging t-shirts/hoods etc.. Do ...

What makes a regular document made by me legal? How can I make it become legal?
I was just wondering, how can I make a document I wrote legal, so if someone else signs it, I can present the document to a judge or someone stating that that document was legal and that it had been ...

How does one go about becoming a private investigator?
All these web sites I'm finding where you buy material to view at home that comes with some sort of "test" seems like a scam. Is there another way with real training?...

Is it legal to question pre-approved PTO (Paid Time-Off) Once it has been approved?
Wouldn't Human Resources throw a fit about this?

If I had submitted my PTO Request and it was approved by my manager, can that manager then attempt to harass me into not using my PTO ...

What do I do? Am I being discriminated against?
I work for a company in Arizona. I work in the kitchen with a boss who hardly ever enforces punishment. One of the people I work with in the kitchen is the daughter of someone who is in ...

HR-Should i put this (past employment history) as a reference in my resume?
I used to at a local chain convenient store part time for little over three months, but it didn't end up well--got fired. Later i got job in restaurant. Recently I am applying a job in hospital ...

In New York what are some legal rights if a 18 yr old?
my friend wants to move out when she is 18 but her parents don't want her to can she legally?...

Is there any site for employment strictly for convicted felons?
I'm a convicted felon and although it's very hard for everyone right now I just can't seem to find a better job.I receive the initial interview but the second ones never come. I'...

Please help me I have a question about job permits?
Hi okay so I want to get a work permit so I can get a job but do I need a job to get the permit or can I get it and hold on to it until I actually find a job.Oh and I live in C...

My job Termination without fault situation?
Hi, anyone who know the law please help. My manager told me that I am not match with this job environment(fast pace) and they want me to work many projects at the same time. So, she told me to go to ...

Freelance writer/ lawyer or stockbroker?
I like all of these careers but would like some further insight. If you have any opinions as to which career u think is best please post. Also say why....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links