Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Can you be fired for suspicion of theft??even if there is no proof(b/c you stole nothing)??
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you be fired for suspicion of theft??even if there is no proof(b/c you stole nothing)??

my boss does not like me and i feel she is always watching me and same w/ our security and i feel like she is going to try and say i stole something to get rid of me but it doesn't seem legal???I am in an at will state though.

michr
you won't be fired for suspicion of theft
your boss is not stupid
if they want to fire you there are always reasons to do so and being at will has nothing to do with it.
the difference with being terminated with just cause and without is the possibility of being approved for unemployment.

if theft was suspected but not proved you would be terminated for:
poor job performance resulting in a failure to protect company assets or resulting in a cash shortage etcetera.
all terminations can be tied to performance issues in some way.

if you feel you are being treated unfairly talk with your boss openly, honestly and professionally. communication is the way to resolve this issue.

bdancer222
Rating
She can fire you for any reason as long as it doesn't violate the law (race, religion, etc).

shipwreck
Many times it is easiest not to give the real reason for firing someone. I worked in a tiny company for 11 years and we would tell one we were over staffed and only need someone part time then tell the part time person we needed someone full time. The real reasons were the full time person had no future with the company, she didn't care about the job. She wanted to have a baby and work from home for herself, they wanted someone who would develop over time. The part time replacement was incompetent, I asked them to fire him because it took me longer to redo his work than do it myself. They were both nice people, but not right for the job.
When you know you aren't someone they want around start sending out resumes.

Dat Dude
if she hates you... you're on your way out

there's nothing legally stopping her if your a new employee

i think there might be some kind of thing for those who have been employed for 5 years or more.... but you would have to prove that she has no justification for firing you.

wondering
Rating
my cousin got fired because someone told the manager that he stole something when he didnt so i think he can fire u

Judy
Rating
If you are in an at will state you can be fired because you wore yellow socks and the boss doesn't like yellow socks, even if you hadn't been told that. That would be ridiculous, but not illegal.

Yes, they can fire you because they suspect you or theft. Or because they don't like your socks.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it illegal to have a home recording studio and let other people pay to record?
I need to know because ive been doing this but my dads come home and he's bugging me to find out whether its legal or not!...

Un Employment Question?
I Recently Filed For UnEmployment In CA i quit my job due to moving and housing costs in CA i cant get relaiable transpertation to my old job aka fast food so i put my 2weeks in and told them why i ...

Whats the legal requirement of resumes.?
My girlfriends last job are dragging their heels on producing a resume which in turn is holding up her starting her new job.

If they fail to produce it what can be done.?

Is it ...

Am I still able to fight for the money promised me after my promotion, but have never received?
LONG story short:
I was promoted at a major company form an hourly assistant manager to a salaried position as a store manager. I was put into 'my own store' with virtually no training....

What would happen to a company if they fires u for work related injuries

Do I have to pay back an overpayment from a job I just quit?
At the beginning of the month I took the only job I was offered and they said they paid twice a month. During that time I was offered another job and accepted it on the day paychecks were cut. Since ...

What career opportunities are available to someone who is interested in?
law, but doesn't want to be a courtroom lawyer, or a cop, or a prison guard....

Do your lawyer have to tell you that he gave your case to someone else in the firm?
i signed up with a certain lawyer to handle my case-he then gave my case to another lawywer who was not familair with the case who made bad decisions-i ended up with two more different lawyers each ...

Im 35 in 4 days, any thoughts on becoming a paralegal w/ no experience.?
thinking of attending a community college?/??...

Walked from job in massachusetts after giving 2 weeks notice. Does my employer have to pay me the 2 weeks?

Who gets paid the most.. the doctor or the lawyer?

Is there any way to get another job without them knowing you had a passed job?
Basically I currently have a job but i don't think i have done very well on this job.

When I leave the company they will send me a P45 (right?)

so this means my next ...

I would like to take a break from working, is it okay to tell my employer I resign but come back later?
I have been with my current employer for 2 years. I want to go back to school and I would like to take a break from working. I want to go traveling and focus on getting into graduate school.
<...

Verbal disputer with employer?
Las night I had a dispute with a supervisor after giving information of a possible robbery that occurred at the warehouse next door......He then became verbally argumentative and stated that he was ...

Is there a way an employer can check on all past employment even if it has not been revealed by the employee?

Please Advise!?!? Is this legal?
I have been recently looking for a new job and have come across ALOT of ads for customer service/data entry/clerical positions where you work from home. All of the ads tell you that you can make ...

Is it legal for another employee to change your hours and info?
Im a secretary and the other sec.(keeping name and gender private) I work with has access to our time clock. It wouldnt be a big deal except -blank- keeps changing my hours. As far as I know its not ...

How many people on here work sh1t jobs, with low pay, & the bear minimum legal break & holiday intitlement?
& why do you do it....

Where can I find a Paralegal job. Fresh out of school.?
HELP JOBLESS = )
Additional Details
Fresh out of school as in I have an Associates Degree in Paralegal Technology/ Legal Assistant/ Paralegal.
So many ways you can call it....

I'm a second year law student. This is my second summer not being able to find legal employment.?
This is a law student - lawyer question only. I'm not at the top of my class and my student involvement is mediocre. However, I have prior work history in a legally related field. I'm ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links