Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Can you become a lawyer without passing the bar exam?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you become a lawyer without passing the bar exam?

AtomiK Kitten
Rating
You will have a JD, but you cannot be a practicing attorney. You cannot practice law in ANY state without first passing the state bar exam.

Duane L
No, not in the US.

I ♥ 504 babyy!
Rating
Hell no! I would hope not.

answer man
Rating
No. You can get a law degree (JD or Juris Doctor) and not practice law. Some people get the degree to enhance their careers elsewhere. Every state has a bar exam which you must pass inorder to be licensed to practice law.

springchic
no

HBsB
YES, but you won't be able to get work anywhere in the US. So either move to another country (although i'm sure they have their own requirements before a person can practice law) or start studying.

rhymingron
Rating
No

kapn
Nope.................

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I work at a chain restaurant. Is it possible to get fired for being two minutes late?
Literally, two minutes. Monday I go to be formally fired. Are there any rights that i have due to labor laws? My theory is she fired me because my boyfriend is in management. But, he was just ...

Can I say no when I'm being asked to use my personal credit card for company expenses without being fired?
I am being constantly asked to use my personal money and/or credit cards to purchase office supplies, birthday cakes, and other business related items. Do I have a right to refuse doing that without ...

Why isn't there a law requiring employers to close businesses during terrible weather?
I have worked retail for YEARS, and even if there is a state of emergency, mandandory evacuation, the governer has insisted everyone stay home--but your place of business makes you stay at work and RE...

I was fired from my job "because i was looking for a job online "at work"..can i get unemployment?
im in the state of ...

When in employment with a contract can my employer drop my hours without notice?
my employer has informed me as from this monday my hours will drop from 16hrs to 12 and a half can they do that they have also gave my hours to site manager who is on higher wage than me already is ...

Y they dont hired people with records?
to be honest,that is mess up. we live in a world where people that deserve a 2nd chance there is no such thing....

Semi-Monthly Pay Period NOT 86.67 hours?
I just started a new position for a small company that pays semi-monthly (7th and 22nd). I am a non-exempt employ and last pay period, my check only showed 80 hours. HR states they dont pay 86.67 ...

Is it legal for a bartender to cut up your licence?
i was at a bar, of which I have a report with the owner and most of the staff. This one bartender who decided a while back to be as mean to me as possible (like swearing refusing service etc).
W...

What should I ask to the Interviewer ?
I live in US in country live style, I am an legal imigrant, I have experiences less than a year, but I have planing to work to other place becouse my former job doesn't fit me, I need to learn ...

Would my current employer have grounds to fire me if he found out that I was interviewing for another job?

Can an employee get laid off while on fmla?

How much do entry level lawyers make right out of law school, how hard is it to get a job, and how many hours?

How do get a paralegal job without experience? All them jobs require experience innit?

What do u think about a 40 yr. old changing profession's?
from stocker (at a store) to a shooter (pro photogapher)...

Witch makes more money,a juge,cop or a lawyer?
im trying to choose my career ...and a career test i will be a cop lawer or juge...witch gets paid more??witch is best??...

I am quitting and still have sick hours left over... are they legally obligated to pay me that money?
I have many sick days left over and am quitting next week(with a four week notice). Are my employers legally obligated to pay me those days I have accumulated?
Additional Details
C...

If you are off work sick over christmas and have a doctor's certificate do you lose the public holidays?
Can you take them at a later date in the year?...

Has anyone ever been sacked and managed to get another job?
if so what grounds did you get sacked on and how long did it take you to find another job?...

Can i be dismissed from work when i am off sick?
i have no contract of employment can i be dismissed when off sick with a doctors ...

Can an employer legally retract an offer after seeing your facebook and myspace page?
They made you an offer that you accepted and then people from HR searched your myspace and facebook page and retracted the offer....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, April 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links