Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

During job interview, copy of my drivers license and social security card were made. Ever heard of that?
Find answers to your legal question.

During job interview, copy of my drivers license and social security card were made. Ever heard of that?

shedrde
Rating
Well let's hope you got the job and jus missed hearing them offer it to you. Because, they only need that kind of info only if they were bringing you on the team. Let's hope its not fraud!

SC
That is a very common practice, though not necessary until hired.

Abby
maybe whoever interviewed you knows someone in the police who can run a background check on you or something? LoL

hope nothing bad happens from that n good luck in finding a good job =]

californiaquestion
Rating
If you're in CA, it's probably for the WOTC- Work Opportunity Tax Credit. They have to send in the copies if you qualify (they get a benefit for hiring certain people who have been on government assistance). I used to work retail and we would copy everyones. I didn't like the practice much, either.

cuddleyleo2003
As already said, that is usually done after you have gotten the job. That being said, the positive way to look at it is that you got the job and just have not been officially told yet. Good Luck!

Jon V
during the interview is a little strange, i've had mine done but not til after being hired. wierd. sry hope that helps

jobbend
Rating
If during the interview you were offered the position and accepted it, then this would be the next logical step,. This information is typically required for an employer, and you, to complete an I-9 - which is part of the post hire requirements.

If you did not accept a conditional offer of employment (they have offered you the job but you must pass a background/drug/legal eligibility requirements) before you are hired, then this would be out of the norm.

You should speak to the interviewer who took this information and clarify that you have been offered a job and under what conditions.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it possible for an employer to accept an employee for a job if his last employer refuses to give reference?
I am working with a private comapany in London. I am on work permit. I want to move to local council jobs....

Can i take Un-paid Leave?
I enjoy working, but have run out of holidays and will still be requiring time off in the near future.

What does the law say? Can you show me the law online somewhere?...

How dose the verbal,written,final warning system work?

Can a past employer say negative things about you from getting a job can they stop you from getting a job?

Legal to give a bad reference over the phone?
My current employer is mean and vindictive, so when someone leaves for a new job she always says nasty things about them when she is called for a reference. I hear her and think--oh that is so wrong ...

A secretary makes more than me. I am an accountant. How do I handle this?
I work as a payroll accountant. She(secretary) joined about 6 months before me. She was working in Accounts payable, but she couldnt do her job and was demoted to a secretary. She graduated with an ...

If you leave your workplace to do a work related errand is your boss still responsible for your safety?

Unpaid Mandatory work meeting without pay?
Iím trying to prove to someone that it is illegal for an employer to have a unpaid mandatory meeting. I canít find a legal source. Her boss made her go to a meeting at her house on a Sunday. She ...

My boss said if I screw up he'll kill me, and then later in the day for no reason he punched me in the face.?
What should I do, I want to quit now but I'm scared of him. I'm just a 19 year old university student and he is a very scary guy who works in the nightclub industry. I want out very badly....

Can i be terminated from my job while out on medical leave?
i was terminated from my joe after going out on medical leave for 3 months i had a return date but was termed 3 week before returning to work company policy is that you can be out for 6 ...

Can an employer legally terminate you based on an inaccurate date in your past employment history?
I was terminated by Citigroup because the date on one of the jobs that I had listed on my application didn't match what they verified through that employer. The start date that I had listed was ...

I may have a job at shells gas station but there doing a background check & i have a warrant?
because i was driving without my liecense and they gave me a court date & I didnt show, which means a warrant will be issued out.will the warrant show up on my background check? and hold me from ...

Collecting unemployment?
My husband got fired from his job and he says he is going to go collect unemployment. At what percentage does it pay? What are reasons you would be denied?...

My former employer is bad mouthing me?
my former employer is accusing me of taking 200 dollars i did not do it.but they put it in my file that i did and they said i signed a paper saying i did, but i never signed on type of paper how can ...

Is it illegal for employers to require a photo with your resume?
I've been told its a form of discrimination, because they can use a photo to discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, etc. Does anyone know of laws to this effect? A link would be ...

Will a backround check look at previous employment or just criminal charges?
If they look at previous employment will they look at if I am eligible for re-hire? and will they look at why I am not eligible for re-hire?...

Should I search for another job now?
I am a project worker. I am an HR assistant to Training & development but i am still under a man power agency. My contract will end by the first week of june. I asked the Personnel Officer what ...

Which of these should i be when i turn 20?
A:Military marine.
B:Photographer.
C:Police/SWAT Officer.
D:Astronaut....

What do you do when your boss starts yelling at you at work ? - ?
The yelling had nothing to do about work....

Illegal for employer not to pay for the hours you worked just because you forgot to clock in?
At my husbands work the have a new rule that if you forgot to clock in you can't do anything about it, and that the time you worked off the clock is counted as "voluntary work" I don�...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links