Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Employer falsely accused me?
Find answers to your legal question.

Employer falsely accused me?

I need help. I was terminated from my job because my employer said that another employee signed an affidavit saying that I tried to recruit her and start my own company. Their lawyer sent me a letter that said that I used company time and resources for my own benefit and that they are looking to press criminal and legal damages against me. I NEVER did any of these things. Wouldn't they need to produce some sort of proof to go forward with these things? I know the employee that said these things against me, we NEVER got along. People lyingly sign affidavits all the time. Can they really sue me based on what one person said?

Me, Too
Personally, I don't think you have any worries unless you start up a company right away. A letter from a lawyer is usually just a threat, but unless you start up a company, they only have the word of the employee that doesn't like you, and that is not enough proof. It is simply a he-said, she-said situation.

I do think you need to see a lawyer. If you have had no plans to start up a company and they fired you on the word of another employee without any further proof, I believe YOU are the one with the grounds for a lawsuit.

skeptical
They can sue you based on what they think somebody MIGHT have said. You don't need a good reason to sue.

Get a lawyer and countersue for defamation of character. Make sure your lawyer takes the case on a contingency basis, meaning, they get a percentage of what they collect. If you don't win, you don't pay.

shiggity777
if they have no proof noting will happen but a bunch of wasted time.
i would let them know that you have lawyer(even if you dont) and you demand to see some proof before you counter sue for slander or whatever it would be called. be confident and loud in demanding said proof of this and they should back down.
but on the offhand chance they do show proof, whether its real or not then you really do need to get a lawyer and have a great wasted time in court.

Tennessee MOM
It will have to be proven in court.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Unemployment/Severance?
I work for a company X. Company X has a lot of subsidiaries. My subsidiary is being eliminated but Company X wants me to go work for another subsidiary (the work is equivalent) so I will have a job. I...

Finding a job?
im having a hard time finding a job in the buford ga area because i have a misdemeanor asssault on my record, any of you guys have tips?...

Is the Recruitment Company liable for lost earnings?
Long story short...2 months or so ago I was approached by a recruitment company who had come across my CV via one of the major UK job websites.

They called me up and asked if they could ...

Employee rights?
I've been put on paid suspension since last month pending an investigation. So far the investigation has been completed, but I still don't know what I done wrong. I did not receive any ...

I would like 2 know how 2 become a lawyer. wat r the requirements? should i take any special classes in hs?

I worked in the state of GA and wasnt paid for it What should I do?
I have 3 other individuals that were all told the same thing..the lost wages between alll of us may only be 20-40hrs. Does anyone know the law on this ? I would prefer to sue than to go to the labor ...

Is there a way around law school?
I want to run my own consulting business as far as providing information to clients regarding wills/trust, bankruptcy, divorce/child custody modifications etc. I want to be able to do more than a ...

What should i do about my unemployment/job situation?
Ive been off work for 8 months now unable to find a job equivalent to my prior job. unemployment earns me 300 per week and ill have that for another 6 months or so.

recently i was offered ...

I work for a small 4 person law firm, last wednesday I gave them my verbal notice that I am leaving.?
My question is should I give them a written notice as well?...

NOTARIZATION question..... 10 points?
Where can one go to have a paper notorized? and is there a fee?...

Workplace breach of confidentiality (UK)?
I've worked at the same NHS hospital for 3 years. In the first year my sickness level was high as I have a history of mental illness (depression and borderline PD) and found it hard to adjust to ...

Who can help me, I have a felony at 45, never been in trouble before.?
Here it is, I was in retail all my life and am good at it. I was a district manager. Now since I got a felony at 45, never in trouble before, now i can not find a job. This is crazy, my felony was ...

Nys laws about proper protocol for manager/supervisor?
in nys, is it legal if a manager/supervisor always finds any little thing to harrass an employee about. then goes around telling all the other employees that he (the manager/supervisor) is going to ...

Where can i find a job if im a felon?
In Metro Atlanta G...

Why do employers want/need 10yrs of employment history?
I'm just curious
Additional Details
Thank you for all of your answers. I'm gonna put this to vote because I cant decide....

I have given 4 wks notice at work as i have been off sick for a while and dont?
think I am able to do my job... We start new holiday entitlement in April so will i be owed any holiday pay from them?
Additional Details
I have been with them for over 2 years, the job ...

How i can get a legal job in Vancouver if i am an immigrant?
Im Mexican, Living in Guadalajara Mexico, here the economy is terrible , i studied international bussines and many people say to me that you can get a job offer in canada if a canadian company make a ...

Can boss let me go because he found out i'm moving out of state end of the year?
I'm moving to Arizona for school (currently reside in New Hampshire)end of the year. I think my boss is going to let me go because of it, that can't be fair?...

What exactly is a paralegal and what do they do?
I have heard the term but haven't been able to get a specific answer nailed down. I think I might like to study to become one but I need more info first....

Can I legally request copies of references checked by a potential emp and statements made by a former employer
A potential employer, after 2-4 hour interviews, has decided not to hire me, although I am more than qualified. I'm afraid that a former employer has defamed my name and am interested in ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links