Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Got fired on Monday and working on salary. should I get paid for the whole week?
Find answers to your legal question.

Got fired on Monday and working on salary. should I get paid for the whole week?

The Place is working 6 days a week.

redvelvetflames4ever
No. You are only paid for the time worked on Monday, Inclusive of the time you actually walked into the office.

Judy
No, unless they decide to pay you extra - you'd be paid for Monday, prorated for the hours you were there. They'd calculate that by taking your weekly salary, dividing probably by 40 but maybe by the number of hours typically worked to get an hourly rate.

rwa000
no. you were terminated they only have to pay you hourly for that day

mj69catz
Rating
No, your salary generally ends when your work ends. Unless there is an employment contract, they only have to pay you through the end of your time there (i.e. if you left 2 hours into the work week and are expected to work 50 hours a week, then they only have to pay 1/25th of your normal weekly salary.)

Squat1
Rating
In the first and last week of employment you only need to be paid for actual time worked.

In your situation, you are only entitled to pay for Monday.

Rebecca R
It would depend on your contract. Usually they have to reimburse you for a portion of your personal time and your retirement plan, if you have one.

mstizkm
As far as I know, you should. Plus severance pay.
To make it so easy for yourself, call this number...
(562)590-5048...LABOR LAW.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does your employer has by law give an employee time off work to vote?
to go vote?...

Lying on your job application..?
...is obviously a bad idea, but if you omit skills or qualifications in order to not appear over-qualified is it illegal?

Whats your experience of job experience?
school has a few places that will take us on but for NO money and I am not sure re the places as they seem boring ie factory supermarket hospital.This would be at easter hols Is it worth it?...

In California, is a paralegal allowed to have their name on a law firm's letterhead and business cards?
Can you tell me where it says so in the law?...

Where can a convicted felon of robbery find a job in columbus ohio?
Please help! Im trying to help my bf and father of my son find work here in columbus. He was a "tag a long" in a bad situation a year ago and now is paying for it deeply. He was in the ...

Help! I'm presenting to CEO's, VP's, and Attorneys!?
Hello all:

I need some serious help here, I've accepted a job where I'm expected to present information to CEO's, VP's and even some immigration attorneys beginning ...

Is it legal to make employees to sit and wait up to 2 hours (off the clock) while work appears to be slow.?

How do i fill out a resume for a application for a job as a lawyer?
these spesific areas:
other experiance
education/classes
objective
qualifications.
I'v never done this!!!!!!!
Additional Details
Hint the words "job as ...

I have been handed an official warning letter. Should I leave? SOS !!?
I have been handed an official warning letter. Most of the allegations are unsubstantiated and untrue. I am reasonably confident that my performance will be termed unsatisfactory and my employment ...

Can I get evicted?
April 7, 2007 my husband and I moved from New York to Richmond, Virginia due to military orders. We moved into our new apartment complex community that is run by a management company. Coming from New ...

Is it legal to be bumped out of your job?
The city I work for has this system to where if your job will be cut you have the option to bump the next person with the least amount of seniority out of there job. Or bump the bottom person out of ...

I'm being harassed at work by a colleague. I have told my supervisor but..?
...I want to keep it informal. However, I do not believe that an informal stage will lead to it being taken seriously. Should I make a formal grievance? I just want to be left alone to get on with my ...

Is this harassment at work or no and what should i do?
A couple days ago i was working i was helping out a new employee type i am a pharmacy tech and the phone rang i was going to put it to ring to another phone but it hung up on the person on accident ...

Is this illegal/discrimination?
I recently applied for a job and was told my application would not even be looked at due to the fact that my fiance works for the same company. We would be working in different towns, and I was told ...

10 Points first answer!!?
Okay, I have a job interview at a law firm tomorrow for a receptionist and I just have a couple of questions before I go. Please try to answer the best you can!
1. I don't have my GED but I ...

A question for lawyers...?
im really thinking about becoming a lawyer, so what should i know about law school and stuff?...do enjoy what you do and did u ever have to sacrifice anything to become one?...

How can I let my bosses know that I deserve a raise?
I am the receptionist and secretary for two different attorneys. I am the receptionist for one and I also help out the secretaries with their filing. For the other one, I am the secretary/assistant ...

Employment Status.?
It is legal for employers to give written and verbal warnings, but do you think it should also apply the other way round? I.E Employees having their fair rights....

In the U.S. what do people who loose their job live on whilst they look for other work?
I have heard of food stamps. How do they work? What abou peoples rent or other essential expenses such as heating and lighting or even clothes. It must be the case that some people are out of work ...

Please help! Is this legal?!?
My husband has worked for a landscaping company for a little over a month now and he is salaried. Recently he took two days off sick. He finished the week and went in on saturday to make up for it. ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links