Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Hired for a job and never heard back from employer?
Find answers to your legal question.

Hired for a job and never heard back from employer?

I was hired for a new restaurant, I filled out the W2, signed papers, all that stuff and was told they would call me soon to tell me my training schedule. Well, they have not called and I have been leaving messages for the manager to please call me and let me know whats going on.
Dont employers have a responsibility to let you know if you have the job or not? I mean I didnt go out and look for a job because I didnt need it, I need to start working and I'm sick of sitting around waiting.

redvelvetflames4ever
Rating
In 100% agreement with RY. This place sounds absolutely disorganized and probably not a place you want to work at in the long run. If you decide not to take the job I suggest you go to the restaurant and ask for all of the paperwork you filled out. If you are not allowed to leave the premises with the paperwork/forms (which is more than likely you won't be able too) make sure the paperwork is destroyed in your presence. I wouldnt' trust my personal information with such an organization.

doanel
Rating
Yes, definitely go there (not call). Chances are the restaurant isn't open due to construction delays, etc.

Francesca Thomas
It sounds like you were hired to be a casual employee - also known as ON CALL - and employed only when needed.

Or you were scammed.

Jack N
Go to the place and talk face to face with the manager

kit
Yes they would have given you a start date. I say go back to the restaurant to see if they opened yet. If they are, demand to see the manager of the resturant. Get a start date. Good luck

Judy
Rating
How long has it been? If it's just been a week or two, give it a little more time. If it's been a month, you could stop at the restaurant and try to see the manager on site.

You said a new restaurant. Is it open yet? Maybe their opening was delayed.

In any case, it's probably worth continuing to look for a different job.

lamont233
i was hired by a job was told they would call on sunday but now its wenesday and i have not heard from no one yet,what should i do next? i filled out the w2 i received my hiring packet, how long should i wait?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Bank holiday entitlement?
do you legally have to be paid for bank holidays even if your employers chose you not to work it? i.e. Christmas day and boxing day?

n.b i was supposed to work these days but only found ...

I worked as an independant contractor with NO written agreement. Can they force me to pay back money?
I was an independant contractor. No written agreement. They paid a flat monthly rate to get certain tasks done. They paid me on the 1st of the month, for work to be done in the coming month (i.e. ...

I got arrested and it was dropped before i ever went to court but every time i apply for a job i won't get it.
can they do this? i thought it was innocent until proven guilty!!! and i could at least understand if the charges were job realated (i'm looking for a banking job and the charges were not ...

Can I claim for constructive dismissal after taking voluntary redundancy as my employer left me with no option
I have been off work sick for 18 months and my employer is trying to sack me for gross misconduct which I am fighting however they have made this process very difficult for me and I have now been ...

Im not getting paid overtime is that legal?
I get paid hourly and i worked 50 hours last week and i notice i dont get paid overtime.I talked to by boss and he said we dont pay overtime.Is this legal?...

Is it legal (UK) for a company to suggest an employee has taken a sicky?
On return to work a colleague of mine was taken into an office and had it suggested to them that it was too much of a coincidence that they were sick 1 day after handing in their 4 weeks notice. Can ...

Can a boss make a worker tell everybody at the job that the worker is leaving or can it be kept private?
The worker, who is a lady, just gave him, the boss, her two week notice. She is leaving and she wants to keep it private. The boss wants her to tell everyone right away that she is leaving. She told ...

Would going into Business Law be a good idea?
I'm a Jr. in High School and I'm just trying to be proactive by getting details about careers that I have interests in. I want to go into the Business field, but it seems pretty iffy, ...

If you give two weeks notice, and are asked to leave the same day, can you collect unemployement?
I found a new job that is going to start at the end of the year. I plan on giving my current employer at least 3 weeks notice. If I do so and I am asked to leave that same day, am I eligible to ...

I got fired from my job over some he said-she said and it all was a lie.?
the people i work for are korean, and the manager doesn't really understand english, so he never came and said anything to me. he wasn't even the one who fired me. it's alot of fishey ...

Legal to give phone number to coworker?
Is it legal for a manager to give a coworker my phone number? It is ethical?

I'm sure it probably is, but it's really frustrating to see this happen. I just wonder if there�...

How Do you find good Employees?
I know im asking for the impossible but I would like to find good employees, that dont steel and do their job, I've had terrible experiences and Its very difficult to hire people, is it legal to ...

Why you are leaving present job?
an employer has asked mewhyiamgoingtoleavemypresentjobtojoin with ...

How Do You Know When You Will Get Fired From Your Job?
Sometimes people have no idea they are getting fired without being notified. Is that also against the law if their employer does not let them know that they are getting fired from their jobs?
<...

My previous job stopped payment on checks they gave me after termination....?
So I had 3 total checks issued as my last checks... One was for Overtime, another for the one day of October I had worked, and then one for my commission.

It took them two week to issue me ...

If you quit your job 3 weeks ago, should you still get pay for the first week of employment?

Working two weeks straight ithout a break - legal?
In NZ, can an employee agree to work a seventh day, then continue working his next week, and be asked by the boss again to work a seventh day? To date, my partner will have worked 15 days in ...

How do I sue my job if they aren't paying me for my hours?
I really hate this job! I work for the Hilton and everytime I stay over time they don't pay me! Or if I work w/out a break they'll still take it out of my pay! It's not fair! What kind ...

How legal is this?
Our company had been having financial issues like many. But our company is a nation wide corporation.. make a difference..

None the less, our senior manager made it very very very ...

Is this illegal that my job never pays anyone on time?
Can I report my job for not paying us never on time, meaning they pay us about a week or so late?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links