Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

How do employers know if you have your g.e.d or not for employment? an how do they check to see if you do?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do employers know if you have your g.e.d or not for employment? an how do they check to see if you do?

Arthur W
Rating
very simple,they use the same thing you just used to ask your question; the computer. In todays electronics wrld you can find out anytjing you want on here so its best not to lie to a perspective employer as it will haunt you for a very long time not incluing you wont get the job. Most of all,you dont want for the employer to find out after he hired you as this then becomes part of your permanent work record which could possibly be conveyed to any other futur employers that your a liar so just dont do it as itsnot worth it

beez
Rating
They can ask that you bring in a copy of it.

Judy
Rating
More and more places are doing background checks when hiring employees. And more and more are asking for proof of the education you claim, whether it's a GED, a high school diploma or a college degree.

rob_n_tx2
Good question... I finished college and worked for about 6 different companies after graduating. This was over a period of 40 years and I was never asked for a high school diploma or my college diploma. I think during the interview if you are comfortable and seem truthful most never verify whether you have a GED or diploma. I started out as a clerk and ended up as President of a Bank and was never asked to verify my education... sorta disappointed me!!!!! dang all that work for what!!! As for how they would check, there are companies they can hire do do back ground checks if they want. One of the companies doing back ground checks was called Equifax, I think .... dont know if they are still around or not.

trippedits
Rating
If an employer runs a background check they can access the following:

1. Employment history
2. Education history
3. Criminal history
4. Credit history

This is a common practice. If you do not have a G.E.D., don't write down that you. Honesty is always best in regards to employment.

furious
Rating
It is best to tell the truth just becuase of the originator of the law? Now, I have often put that I have never been convicted of a crime and have never lost a job to that lie. So if they never checked to see if I had a background you should have problem. Truth to be told you should get a G.E.D.

kapn
Just ask you to bring in your diploma...easy

Expert Realtor
They call the county that supposedly issued it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal for an employer to ask for your myspace or facebook page on a job application?

I have just handed in my notice at work and don't want to work it.?
I have just handed in my notice to a horriable job where they treat me very badly, I have been discriminated against for being straight etc. (although they have made it impossiable to gather any ...

I just started a job as a care assistant...how much do you think ill get paid?
I am 20 years old so minimum wage for me is £4.60. I am un-skilled but i am receiving training on the job. I know i dont get paid for breaks and i am working 12 hour shifts. I forgot to ask how much ...

If your have been continually accused of stealing and you have not been.......should you quit the job?
I work at a Country Club in the bar area, other girls have access to the cash register. I am older age 51, most of the other girls who work there are in there 20's. I feel they are setting me up....

Is it legal for an employer to cut your wages by a half?
My husbands employer has recently cut his pay by half, he is a truck driver and his employer is taking fuel prices for the day out of the gross (for the day) and then giving him a percentage of that....

My employer put a stop payment on my deposited paycheck?
My employer states that a stop payment was made due to me not returning all of my employment materials (i.e. employee position manual) which I did return. They claim I did not but I do not have it ...

Job Termination question?
what would u put on applications that won't make it sound soooo bad? it u were terminated at will?...

I work at a chain restaurant. Is it possible to get fired for being two minutes late?
Literally, two minutes. Monday I go to be formally fired. Are there any rights that i have due to labor laws? My theory is she fired me because my boyfriend is in management. But, he was just ...

Can I say no when I'm being asked to use my personal credit card for company expenses without being fired?
I am being constantly asked to use my personal money and/or credit cards to purchase office supplies, birthday cakes, and other business related items. Do I have a right to refuse doing that without ...

Why isn't there a law requiring employers to close businesses during terrible weather?
I have worked retail for YEARS, and even if there is a state of emergency, mandandory evacuation, the governer has insisted everyone stay home--but your place of business makes you stay at work and RE...

I was fired from my job "because i was looking for a job online "at work"..can i get unemployment?
im in the state of ...

When in employment with a contract can my employer drop my hours without notice?
my employer has informed me as from this monday my hours will drop from 16hrs to 12 and a half can they do that they have also gave my hours to site manager who is on higher wage than me already is ...

Y they dont hired people with records?
to be honest,that is mess up. we live in a world where people that deserve a 2nd chance there is no such thing....

Semi-Monthly Pay Period NOT 86.67 hours?
I just started a new position for a small company that pays semi-monthly (7th and 22nd). I am a non-exempt employ and last pay period, my check only showed 80 hours. HR states they dont pay 86.67 ...

Is it legal for a bartender to cut up your licence?
i was at a bar, of which I have a report with the owner and most of the staff. This one bartender who decided a while back to be as mean to me as possible (like swearing refusing service etc).
W...

What should I ask to the Interviewer ?
I live in US in country live style, I am an legal imigrant, I have experiences less than a year, but I have planing to work to other place becouse my former job doesn't fit me, I need to learn ...

Would my current employer have grounds to fire me if he found out that I was interviewing for another job?

Can an employee get laid off while on fmla?

How much do entry level lawyers make right out of law school, how hard is it to get a job, and how many hours?

How do get a paralegal job without experience? All them jobs require experience innit?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links