Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

How do you beat a background check?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you beat a background check?

I have a felony and want to know how i can cheat a background check. How can I get past the check???


Depends. Is the government or a fortune 500 company running it? Then, good luck with that.

Or is it a smaller company that only runs credit reports and checks local court files? You might luck out.

You cannot "beat" a background check, the only thing you could do is to assume another person's identity, but I think that is a felony too.

Your only other option is to just come clean at the point of offer and let them think about it, you never know you may get lucky.

Uh, Isn't that how you got your felony record? Cheating the system will only lessen your chances. Be up front with the person that is conducting the background check. Honesty can help.

You don't. Not with a felony. It will show unless it was removed from records.

Idiot... you cannot beat the background check, And if you try you will most likely be fired for falsifying your job application.

My advice... admit to the felony and give some explaination, let them do the background check and then the HR dept. and/or Legal dept. can decide if they will hire you.

You can't. It's all tied to your soc. sec. number. So, unless you have and work under another identity you're pretty much "SOL". However, I will tell you that MOST major employers only go back 5, 7, or 10 years. Good luck.

Good Luck,


Richard H
go to court and find out how to get it expunged (deleted) from your record, then do what they say.

Barry auh2o
You don't. There are things in life you can do that can never be undone. This is one of them.

with a stick? (in jest only)

Seriously, can you? If it is possible, everyone would have done it. It is just too easy to find out about someone's background. Hard to hide it unless you are James Bond.

maggie m
It depends on:
Your record
Number of offenses?
Seriousness of offenses (violent or not; felony or misdemeanor)?
How long ago?
Were you a juvenile?
Where they happened (in the USA, another country)?
Who is looking (which company or government agency)?
Your purpose and definition of "get past"?

If you are trying to completely hide serious offenses that occurred in the USA, that will be very difficult or impossible

If you are a first offended for nonviolent crimes, you can get the record expunged. Even so, private data companies may already have the information and they will keep it available.
Justice officials (prison, police, judges, probation officers) will still have access to expunged information in case you get into trouble again.

If you deceive a government official, then you would be committing another crime and compounding your problem.

In the private sector, some companies look past nonviolent crimes because they need the workers. Once you are hired, if you are a dedicated worker, maybe you can move up. That is your best bet.

With a record for violent crimes, you should work with a case worker to get started with a company that is known to accept people with bad records. There will be a few and you may have to move to where they are. Do what it takes to get started with a company, then be a great employee.

It helps if you have skills. Work with a case worker to get into a training program for a skill that you might enjoy. Don't be tricked by training programs that just want you to take out a government loan so they can get your money. Work with the case worker to select a skill that is in demand so that you actually wind up with a job.

Many people and companies can appreciate honesty, skills, and effort. That is the best method to "get past" a criminal record.

You can learn "How to Do a Free Background Check" on yourself, here:

Good luck. Better still, make your own good luck.

Tape someone else's fingerprint pattern to your fingers so your print check does not come back .

FYI - To the A.R. raters , this is tongue-in-cheek humor ,
Lighten up , get a life .

register your name at wowomg.com


wonder boy
i was charge but not convicted will that show up

D Christie
The first step - get a passport. Then, move to a really Free Country that doesn't punish you for life and meddle in every facet of your personal behavior. Find a place with fewer petty intrusive laws that are so numerous and so arcane that they can neither be interpreted or reasonably complied with by anybody who wants to be free. There of lots of places besides the massive fraud called the USA, which only pays lip service to freedom but, in reality, tramples it every day.

D Christie
The first step - get a passport. Then, move to a really Free Country that doesn't punish you for life and meddle in every facet of your personal behavior. Find a place with fewer petty intrusive laws that are so numerous and so arcane that they can neither be interpreted or reasonably complied with by anybody who wants to be free. There's lots of places besides the massive fraud called the USA, which only pays lip service to freedom but, in reality, tramples it every day.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 What can he do, really? My husband was "let go" for "refusing to take a post-accident drug test but he DID go!
We moved this weekend. It had been planned for months. Friday night my husband's employer asked him to work Saturday night 3-midnight. Because he IS such a loyal, honest employee, he went to ...

 Sunspended from work?
i have been sunspended from work. on a number of serious allegiations, on full pay, i ownly no one of theres allegiations and that the one i have been sunspeded for, what i need to no is wile i am ...

 If someone at work treathens me.,provoke's me i loose my temper and hit that person can i be terminated?

 Is it legal for my employer to have an "All employees must wear deodorant" policy?

 My girlfriend has to make up working hours from last year is that legal?

 If a job says meets national minimum wage, what does that mean?

Additional Details
pathfind... im UK...

 Is this against the law?
A few years ago, I applied at a TCBY yogurt in Charlotte, NC. Three weeks have passed since application I come in and ask the girl about my application. You know what she told me? She told me the guy ...

 Can an employer change my hours even if I disagree.?
I work for a large well known company who have served me with a 30 day notice to significantly change my hours. I have worked for the company for 15 years and in the current department for 8. The ...

 Do i still pay holiday pay if my employee quits?
he has worked for 8 months and just walked out , he has taken no holidays in that time .
am i still liable to pay holiday pay .
i'm not shy of paying it .in contract it was 1.6 days a ...

 Anyone know where I can get free legal advice?
I'm about to made redundant but feel that I've been discriminated against. I have some evidence to back up my beliefs, but wondered if anyone knew of anywhere I could get some free legal ...

 Is it illegal to be asked how old you are in a job interview?
I'm curious if it's illegal to be asked your age by your interviewer in a job interview. Is this true? And is it a federal law. I'm from the U.S. FL...

 I left my job but now they are refusing to pay me for 50 hrs work (which they missed out when doing my pay!)?
Hi, I'm a student and I got a summer job at Ben and Jerry's from July till November, however I have only just got round to sorting out my payments (due to medical reasons) and my employers ...

 How much notice does an employer have to give to change your working hours or holiday?
we have had to save 3 days holiday for christmas shutdown from begining of january this year they are now saying we might have to come in and pay us for not taking the holiday ...

 Is this legal?...somehow it just doesn't seem right...?
Is it legal for a district manager of a fast food restaurant to install cameras all over the entire restaurant (except bathrooms) so he can sit at home and watch the workers at all times, remove the ...

 Is there any legal action I can take in California if my boss calls me fat?
So, I'm 16 and I work at a gym. For the past couple of weeks, my boss has been calling me fat and making fun of my red hair. I know I work at a gym but, it does feel inappropriate for an ...

 Can they extend my trial period at work after the trial period is expired and I should be permanent?
I started working for this company th 20th of October.
The 29th of January that is more then three months later, they have decided to extended my trial period.
Is that legal? Because I ...

 Manager leaked confidential information about me to other workers?
My manager has leaked confidential information about myself to my workers, I know that because a she was in a room wispering something and when I walked in they looked at me with amazement. I told my ...

 If you knew you were being fired tomorrow would you?
So I pretty much know I am going to be fired tomorrow. I had some issues with a sick child lately and missed some work. They wrote me up on it in the past and I had to miss again due to that reason. I...

 Leaving my job ....... HELP?
I handed in my notice a week and a half ago and my manager was fine, I asked for a waive of notice and they said they will let me know.
My other manager has reterned from annual leave today and ...

 I cant decide........?
should i stay with my current employer or should i move on.... new job = less money & more travel BUT more opportunities? current job = more money less travel but limited opportunities just yay ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, February 7, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links