Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

How long do you have to file a suit for wrongful termination?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long do you have to file a suit for wrongful termination?

michr
were you under contract?
discriminated against?
what is your definition of wrongful termination and what do you intend to sue for?
what is your loss and how do you wish to recoup it?

depending on the state you have from 90 days to up to 2 years to file a civil claim involving employment issues.

if you were wrongly terminated you will be eligible for unemployment insurance, if the reason you lost your job is not grounds for unemployment then you probably don't have any chance in a civil proceeding.
file for unemployment and regardless if you qualify or not you will know if the firing was with just cause or not.

greeter7
Rating
First make sure you know you were wrongfully terminated. Most companies know when they let somebody go they are in the right. If you really believe you were fired wrongly then go to the State agency and they can help you. Be careful what you do and think if over thouroughly before you do anything stupid!!!

manfromcrete@verizon.net
you have 2 years to file ,but tack my word do not try .you going to be the looser.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How much would an attorney in general practice earn annually?
I hope that's not too general a question; without my having to wade through legal jargon, would somebody have an idea of the average income of a general practice lawyer working in a small town?...

Paper Education vs. Job Experience? Read on....?
Do You think that it is fair to give someone, with an "education", from the outside, a job, rather than promting someone from the inside with the experience and knowledge of the job.
<...

Bankruptcy questions?
Does anyone know how long your house will take to be foreclosed after you file bankrutcy? I filed in '03 and found out my home was not foreclosed til 2006, and is causing me not to be able to ...

If I pay taxes as self employed, but I had been working for the same people?
and paid with check from their bussiness account, do I have any rights if I'd been working for them for the last 6 years? I took some vacations, and a maternity leave, but not paid. Now, one of ...

Is there an online class for paralegal work, studying at home??!!!?
i am disabled, but still would like to sue the hell out of everyone in my town!!!

besides i would like to further my education!!!
Additional Details
for you uptight idiots ...

I have an unemployment benefits hearing tomorrow and ?
I am from NY , can you give me any advice about the hearing tomorrow? I am appealing their decision to my benefits being denied ....

If I gv notice in tx, they let me go the next day, do they hv 2 pay me thru notice date?

Can employers really do this?
My husband has been accused of threatening a fellow team mate with killing him if he was to find out about a certain something. My husband has only asked the guy if he knew who ''dobbed'...

Can you Work at the U.S for only two weeks being only 15? salvadorian?
hey im salvadorian and I want to work at the states for only two weeks. Im going on a vacation trip for only 15 days and want to spend at least five or six days working? is there any legal ...

Are there any volunteer abroad or career abroad programs for attorneys?
Are there any job or volunteer programs for attorneys or any related field in undeveloped countries? I am primarily interested in political development, etc.....

What kind of lawyer do we need for employer trying to get you to quit because you were injured on the job?
They took my vacation time away and my work truck, because I had to be off work when I had back surgery. Now they are trying to make me mad enough to just quit....

I'm on a shutdown at work for 2 weeks, do i collect umployment or workmens comp. I work but not released by Dr
We're on a 2 weeks shutdown. I'm back to work but not released from my Dr. because I'm perminently partially diabled. Can you collect unemployment or will that screw up your workmens ...

What is it? help please with a job.
Hi, so ok..please bare with me.. I got a my first ever job interview and i am really scared. I applied for a sales representative position online and got a call back 2 days ago asking me into an ...

Thinking about obtaining a lawyer against a previous employer?
Well not for me my gf. My girlfriend works for a day care where she took 5 approved vaction days this place is a church day care. She came back and was replaced, but not fired. Meaning she is know ...

How would I find a good lawyer in NJ specializing in Wrongful Termination?
Is it true that these cases are very hard to win if you feel you've been wrongfully terminated? Do attorneys take these cases on contingency...or are they 100% fee based?...

What is the main job performed by The Judicial Branch?

What exactly is a paralegal, and what is the education required (yrs)?
What exactly do paralegals do? How many months/years of school does it require? What kinds of places can you work @ afterward? Do you know what the salary range is?...

If you make an honest mistake on an application for self-employment dates...?
I put the wrong year down for my self-employment business. I've already accepted the offer and now a background company called for verification of my self employment with Schedule C's...I ...

Lawyers especially! I'm thinking of entering the law field as a career...?
I'm going to be a junior in high school this year so it's time to seriously consider colleges and careers. I would really like to be a lawyer, it seems so exciting and I'm really ...

Florida Non-Compete?
I was hired as a recruiter for a company that specializes in temporary travel assignments for Allied Health Professionals. They hired me because I knew alot about pharmacy recruiting and they wanted ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links