Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

How much notice is required for a shift change at work?
Find answers to your legal question.

How much notice is required for a shift change at work?

I am currently workin 8hour days and am now been told im going to be working 13hour days, 4 days a week.

Lizard
It would be in your contract - normally at least 7 days notice

kevin h
depending on how many are to change shifts .we
done a shift change they was 80 or so we got 90 days notice

annie
Rating
It should be in your contract or staff handbook. My employer has to give a month's notice (helps to rearrange childcare etc) but we have a Union- hope you do too.

Squat1
Unless there is something written in your handbook or contract (union) There is no legal (federal) requirements.

You work the hours scheduled or find another job.

Summerboy
If i remember correctly, when i worked in a factory and the management wanted to change working shift patterns or contracts they had to give us 13 weeks notice.

stormydays
Depends on what is in your contract really but it also has to be a reasonable amount of time....what is reasonable is for you and your employer to decide

Hector S
Rating
Hi - the notice period should be stated in your contract or your employment handbook. If they are changing shift pattern in order to save the company and reduce the impact of redundancies then you do not have much on your side.
If you are a member of the union, then raise this with them, afterall thats why you join and pay a weekly/monthly fee.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can a job not hire you because of one misdemeanor on your background?
I have one count of writing one bad check for $40 This happen back in 2006 and I haven't did anything since and that is the only thing on one background check! Also, will that come off my ...

Job position = Scam or not?
I just accepted a position after a short online interview from a company in London even though I'm living in the U.S. It's a bookkeeping/accounting position (more like a virtual version). I ...

Is it legal for my a boss to call an employee fat?
My husband is being harrassed by his boss about his weight. The boss will even make fun of him in front of customers, anyone it does not matter. He has even done it in front of the general manager. ...

Horrible boss - What should i do??
I have 3 bosses but 1 off them is horrible to me...he shouts at me...swears and stomps about..we are supposed to work together but I just cannot bear to speak to him or look at him. I have got upset ...

Fired from job question?
I was just fired from my lawn care job today. I was overheard by my boss saying "I don't know if I did the entire lawn, who cares I won't be working here next year anyway" He says ...

Can my Employer do this to me?
My aunt works for walmart. her job has allowed her to call off of work when she starts her cycle. the reason is because she bleeds to much and cant be up for a long time. She has called off as ...

I been suspended with pay from work wat next?
I been suspended with pay from work wat next?
i have been suspended from my care home with pay for a medcation issue. i have not dow wat they say i have . can the sack me with out prove or ca ...

My wedding planner cheated me and I'm willing to go to any extent to seek legal justice. I need some advice...
This husband and wife duo not only made my life hell for the few months during the planning by doing a very lousy job. They were very difficult to get in touch with as they refused to return calls or ...

If the company modify the employment contract, can I refuse to sign the amendment if I don't agree with it?

Is it legal for an employer to fine an employee for not showing up to work?

How do I protect myself after walking away from my job?
Hi, I lived in the USA and wondering how do I protect myself after I walk out from my company,after the boss would not pay me my last year vacation.I remember he have ask me to sign on some papers in ...

Have you ever been convicted?
I am currently on probation for ABI on a family member. This is the first time I've ever been convicted of anything but I'm having a hard time getting a good job once my background check is ...

When is mari J gonna be legal?
Is marijuana ever going to be legal in the USA? How about any other drugs for instints they already made heroin in a form of a pill in hospitals but they took some effects away like the vomiting. My ...

Legal age to work?
im 13 in 2 months i will be 14. Im looking for a job and im applying for a busser but how old do you have to be in colorado?...

Why should we hire you?

Forced to work overtime?
my bf works 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. (in a warehouse type place)
for the past few weeks they have been having everyone come in on fridays for overtime. if an employee doesnt show up, they ...

I was promised a raise last month, now the company says they're not giving raises. Is that legal?
I had a great evaluation with my boss and he told me I was getting a 3.5% (small) raise. Now, a month later, the company announced that nobody is getting a raise. Can they promise you something and ...

Is it illegal to give below minimum wage in the state of VA???
I know min. wage is $5.85 in va, is it illegal for an employer to pay me less than that?
Additional Details
its just a receptionist at the hair cuttery.
i'm not sure if it ...

Question On Workers Comp.?
I'm totally lost at how to handle my situation. I was held in a gun point robbery at the place i was working at. I'm suffering post tramatic symptoms like depression, unable to sleep, ...

Is this harrassment and if so what can I do about it?
I have been working at a hospital since April and for some reason my boss really seems to hate me and I mean hate me like nothing ever. I have no idea what I have ever done to her, I show up for work ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, July 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links